JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here an avid collector of submarine memorabilia? Other military stuff?

C2D4BB75-86C6-4BBD-A2A4-330497371B8D.jpeg

0908FC00-AC40-49F0-B6B7-3B66DB60DDCB.jpeg

21A02828-38C5-4064-A500-B0CEA3365F07.jpeg

Under way on Nuclear Power

Last Edited:
Nothing submarine, but I do have some old pictures of the U.S. Pacific fleet from the 20s/30s. They were in my grandfather's old photo box. Maybe I'll try posting them later on.

I've got a small collection of old U.S. military field gear; focusing on the Korea to early 60's period; trying to keep to the canvas material. Trying to get rid of some odds and ends to eventually complete two basic infantry sets.

Anyone here an avid collector of submarine memorabilia? Other military stuff?

View attachment 406304

View attachment 406303

View attachment 406305

Under way on Nuclear Power

No sub stuff, but I do have a copy, 2nd printing (1943 I think), of Rex Applegate's "Kill or Get Killed". Autographed by him as Lt Col USAR (retired) 1947, I believe. It was the 1st hand to hand combat manual developed for the Army, by Applegate, in WW 2. Picked it up at an estate sale in Garibaldi a few years back. It was the estate from the guy to whom Applegate signed the book. It has the dust jacket. Lot's of photos of guys in US garb against guys in Nazi uniforms. Very interesting. I'd sell it for $150. It's like new. A real piece of American history. Have not seen another one anywhere.

I also have a 1916 US Army Cook's manual. What a hoot to read! Instructions & diagrams for dirt ovens built into a bank, how to deal with garbage, etc. How to tell the temperature of an oven by how long that you can hold your hand it there! Hundreds of recipes for feeding the troops. One recipe for sheet cake that called for 106 eggs! Coffee for every meal, 20 gallons, lots of stewed tomatoes, gallon cans of canned oysters, etc. Cutting up whole carcasses, how to forage with farmers in the area. Really a piece of military history. An army marches on it's stomach. It's quite a read. My good woman gave it to me & says that I can't sell it.

Sub stuff, not really.... I collect 80s-2000s era U.S. military gear and some uniforms, mostly modified or pertaining to specific commands . One modified desert uniform top is said to belong to an USN SDV crewman, (SEAL Delivery Vehicle) and another modified top is from the USN SEALS, at least for the specific modifications and the fact its a tan bdu top, instead of 3 color desert. I also have modified tops from 10th SFG, and gear setups for them, along with 82nd, 101st, 10th mtn, and USMC. I have uniform pieces fron Grenada, Panama, Desert Storm, Somalia, Bosnia/Serbia/Kosovo, GWOT (Op Enduring Freedom and Op Iraqi Freedom)

20170310_121029.jpg

Sub stuff, not really.... I collect 80s-2000s era U.S. military gear and some uniforms, mostly modified or pertaining to specific commands . One modified desert uniform top is said to belong to an USN SDV crewman, (SEAL Delivery Vehicle) and another modified top is from the USN SEALS, at least for the specific modifications and the fact its a tan bdu top, instead of 3 color desert. I also have modified tops from 10th SFG, and gear setups for them, along with 82nd, 101st, 10th mtn, and USMC. I have uniform pieces fron Grenada, Panama, Desert Storm, Somalia, Bosnia/Serbia/Kosovo, GWOT (Op Enduring Freedom and Op Iraqi Freedom)

View attachment 406351

Nice.

A friend of mine was one of the SEALS who did endurance tests in the little SDV's, when the Navy was figuring out how long a man could tolerate being in the thing in cold water.. His name is Tommy Bracken, and he wrote a book some years ago that included stories about that. But that was a long time ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top