JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too use the VA for 100% of my medical needs. If there is anything I have learned in 40+ years it is, STAY ON TOP OF THEM (Not telling you what to do, Clambo) The Patient's Advocate has always come through for me when I have been neglected. Took them two years to replace my doctor at the VA clinic I go to. Seems like we patients of the former doctor were swept under the carpet. In defense of the staff, they are over worked. Presently private doctors are being forced out of excepting Medicare. The whole plan is to have Medicare patients seek treatment at hospitals where the medical staff is more closely regulated. Fewer test and procedures all designed to save Medicare money. There has been talk in the past about turning VA medical care over to private hospitals. I would rather continue with the present VA health system then a private hospital that is more concerned with the bottom line.

I have heard that about Vancouver.
One reason I procrastinated about going to the VA.
Portland and the new outreach clinics here have been just the opposite of what I was always told.
They always get back to me and very easy to communicate with by phone and online through my healthy vet site. Meds are always on time or early.

Any chance the people that have taken the oath to protect our constitution will do so?

Military???
We can only hope so.
Many Sherrifs will at least.

Me ? I am much more on a protect myself heading these days. I am only interested in the well being of myself. a couple loved ones, and anyone else I deem worthy long the path. ( Last qualifier is subject to change without warning or explanation ) In the even of violence, war, famine, pestilence, etc., nope. I didn't see the constitution on the list. I took the oath and now I am untaking it.

This isn't your grandfather's Amerika.

Well, I joined the army when Nixon was president and left (forced to retire) when Reagan was president, and worked for the VA from then until GW Bush was president....(over 27 years combined federal service).

Those of us who were in during the draw down from Viet Nam and the kick start of VolAr will remember the days of training with no blanks for our M16s, not enough gas to run the tanks at Hohenfels, not enough ammo for the tanks at Graf, hoping the Russians wouldn't come across the border, no spare parts, ad nauseum.

This happens every so often, whenever Congress wants to spend the "peace dividend" on something other than the armed forces. Not a new issue, which in some respects, makes it even sadder...

Let's not forget the brave men and women who have made us proud in Iraq and Afghanistan. They have and continue to lay down their lives for this country. To belittle them would be to belittle everyone who ever wore an American uniform.
Not to belittle them but for all the $$$$ we will have to pay, what have we gained? A war waged with out profit is foolish.

This is nothing new. I routinely witnessed this observing Navy bootcamp in Orlando in 1984. This never happened in Navy bootcamp in Great Lakes in 1983. One year did not make the difference. The difference was, and for no other reason...Orlando was co-ed.

Keith

When I was going through Pensacola we got the first females who had been to Aviation Officer Candidate School like decades. Boy I used to cringe at the screaming, sexist remarks the Marine DIs used to use on them. Sugar britches, split tails. Our Pt and O course beat the crap out of us much less those poor girls. I lost my sympathy quick when I saw they had like 30-45 seconds longer to run the cross country times and o course times. And oh yeah, the little princesses got to run AROUND the 8 foot and 12 foot walls. 10 were supposed to start. 7 showed up and I think 3 finally got their commissions. Took me 16 weeks because of a medical rollback, then swim hold but I got to hand that Marine his silver dollar after he snapped me a salute. I recall one time seeing the three gals headed to chow. one had her arm in a sling, one was walking fine and next to her was the third on crutches. It reminded me of that old patriot march with the youngster blowing a fife, and the bandaged soldiers marching along. In training I knew a gal who was an AF Academy grad that then went in the Navy. Joyce was tough and sexy little blond. Too bad I was married. She could outcuss most sailors too!

Brutus out

Damn Clambo, sorry to hear you go through all of this and hope you find some sort of resolution. Thanks for your service and again I hope things turn around for you.
Thank you for your concern. Im still waiting for that call from the Portland VAMC pain clinic. I really did give up this time. Just gonna buy my own insurance. Shouldnt cost me much more than a grand a month or so. Ill just get a second job. Should be easy, only 80% disabled here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top