JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the Military now using 6.5 Creedmore, it seems this cartridge is here to stay.

It's an older article, but I thought it worth posting.

The article reads like marketing hype where they are trying to convince the reader that what they are saying is gospel and no need to look behind the curtain. There is no magic bullet out there or everyone would already be using it.

Mike

What a crappy article! It reeks of sentence fragments, poor grammar, clueless punctionation and an obvious lack of firearm knowledge.

They don't know how to spell Corps.

I never knew that proper "windage" affects the amount of drop, and a bullets "gets" to go subsonic at a particular range. I kind of thought you wanted a bullet to stay away from transonic as long as possible but what do I know. (Yes I do get what the author is trying to say … but sheesh is English this guys 5th language or what?)

I also was not aware that there were not a lot of civilians shooting long-range in 2008!

Man, I need a 6.5 cause I want a cartridge with "crazy blowback". Gotta have that now that I learned it existed.

Okay, I could go on but where would I stop? Every sentence has a problem with writing, logic, facts etc.

This type of crap makes the shooting world appear as dolts. I'd hope they would pull it off the web!

Between the writing style and suddenly remembering I didn't care about 6.5㎜ Creedmoor, I didn't make it through the article. Interesting they are adopting a new cartridge though, I suppose.

What happened to the lessons of WW2 and beyond?

*Intermediate cartridges. Because actually shooting at 1000 yds is more about wishful thinking.
Seeing the target and being able to hit. Wanna call it, max range of 500 yds (for the better rifleman).
Carry more intermediate cartridges vs the heavier/larger rifle cartridges.
Bigger/heavier rifles are need for the heavier/larger cartridges.
There are other methods to deal with targets that are further out (beyond the practical rifle range).
And, I guess there is no need to go into the ratio, of the number of enemy killed, to the number of cartridges expended (in VN).
Which means that there is a cost involved.

There are probably a lot more.

But.....whatever.

*Not speaking of using an intermediate cartridge for a "sniper rifle or GPMG". But, assuming just one cartridge for all that. It'll still cost big $$$.

Aloha, Mark.

PS......since DLS mentioned long range shooting.

LOL. My friend told me the other day that the range at Koko Head (on Oahu) has lowered the rifle shooting to a maximum of 100 yds. True or not? Whatever. I can see stuff happening all over...…..to limit rifle practice and the shooting sports in general.

Last Edited:
The 'manbun' of rifle rounds.
That is the worst insult of any cartridge I've ever heard! (Only because nobody has called a round "The Hillary of Ammunition").
There are some exceptions to the banishment of man buns however:

A6D6402B-A6ED-45BA-AD86-AEFC88E1E2E8.jpeg

Wow, that article.... selling the cartridge's ability to go subsonic at 1300 yards as if that is better than remaining supersonic. And describing recoil as "massive blowback." All that's missing is "this bullet rocks dude, load up a few banana clips." The authors also apparently believe that the amount of drop at 1000 yards depends on the shooter's skill in compensating for wind age. And of course the article states that 6.5CM is more commonly available for sale than 308.
Who has incentive to promote 6.5CM who would pay for such terrible writing? I doubt the companies who referral links appear at the end of that article proofread it. I'm also wondering whether those same authors wrote the same article for 308 ammo but reversed the claims of superiority.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top