JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've just started watching this. You might find it interesting. It's long, so I put it on in the background.

I do a lot of listening to things. There's a $100 chromebook in my reloading room because you can learn an awful lot listening while cranking the handle.

In terms of what he is sharing, marxism is often at the root of a lot of it, and its subsidiary fruits.

I did 6 1/2 years in higher ed with bachelors, masters, and certificate programs. During my bachelors I had professors who were self proclaimed marxists (but they weren't willing to teach for free when I propositioned them to.)

During my masters I had professors share lots of unfounded garbage that could be considered synonymous with critical race theory, to include that only White people could be racist in America.

Even prior to all this I met the "Dean of Diversity" from UW Seattle who suggested my stance on "treating everyone the same regardless of their skin tone" was more problematic and tantamount to racism than treating people differently based on the color of their skin as she suggested.

I find that the writings of Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams completely annihilate all these smooth brain talking points, which is also why those two are almost entirely ignored in media and colleges, because to acknowledge them and their research/writings would be their undoing.

During my bachelors I had professors who were self proclaimed marxists (but they weren't willing to teach for free when I propositioned them to.)
:s0140: If it were possible to drown in one's own hypocrisy, there would be no Marxist professors.

I find that the writings of Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams completely annihilate all these smooth brain talking points, which is also why those two are almost entirely ignored in media and colleges, because to acknowledge them and their research/writings would be their undoing.
Thomas Sowell is one of the great thinkers of our time. The way he can boil an issue down to the essentials, while simultaneously bringing rare insight, is outstanding.

edit: typo

Last Edited:
I skimmed over the responses, but I don't think anybody has mentioned my particular concern about the Ukraine war; that we (USA & NATO) are using up our ordnance supplying Ukraine with weapons, faster than we can resupply our military (especially our reserves).

I am not concerned about Russia invading the USA and probably not concerned about Russia attacking European NATO countries. I don't think that will happen and Russia has been shown to be something of a paper tiger in that regard.

What I am concerned about is China taking advantage of the Ukraine war by invading Taiwan, and/or possibly other southern Pacific islands or even countries. The USA, etc. (Australia and possibly others) responding to China might have issues because we are depleting our military supplies by sending them to Ukraine.

Granted, much of what we send it older stuff, but a good portion of it is still ordnance that we would use in a conflict and this is depleting our reserves, possibly faster than we can replace them with newer ordnance?

Not sure China is ready to invade Taiwan, but they might try it anyway.

Its a valid concern but China invading Taiwan would be a different kind of war. If the US got involved in that conflict we wouldn't be using MLRS and M777's. But, with that being said, Ukraine is burning through more ammo in a day than the EU countries can produce in a month.

:s0140: If it were possible to drown in one's own hypocrisy, there would be not Marxist professors.

Thomas Sowell is one of the great thinkers of our time. The way he can boil an issue down to the essentials, while simultaneously bringing rare insight, is outstanding.
An old adage, "those who cannot do, teach" might be a simple explanation of why higher ed is overflowing with these marxist ideas. Anyone who turns a profit with their own labor and also must jump through the hoops of business while constantly having their figurative throat stepped on with government regulations and taxes - would be very unlikely to believe such ideology.

Comparatively, intellectuals don't have to constantly have their ideas tested by the real world. Thomas Sowell also write about this.

Walter Williams writings/speeches on property rights also run extremely counter to our modern government where significant portions of the budget are charity, he very pointedly shared how the constitution did not authorize the government to be involved in charity (state sanctioned theft)

I do a lot of listening to things. There's a $100 chromebook in my reloading room because you can learn an awful lot listening while cranking the handle.

In terms of what he is sharing, marxism is often at the root of a lot of it, and its subsidiary fruits.

I did 6 1/2 years in higher ed with bachelors, masters, and certificate programs. During my bachelors I had professors who were self proclaimed marxists (but they weren't willing to teach for free when I propositioned them to.)

During my masters I had professors share lots of unfounded garbage that could be considered synonymous with critical race theory, to include that only White people could be racist in America.

Even prior to all this I met the "Dean of Diversity" from UW Seattle who suggested my stance on "treating everyone the same regardless of their skin tone" was more problematic and tantamount to racism than treating people differently based on the color of their skin as she suggested.

I went to UC Berkeley long ago. Plenty of Commies, but you could ignore them. Your college experience was far uglier now that the Marxists are in full control. One Berkeley economist was proud to be Jewish and a Communist. When writing one of his virulent anti-capitalism books, he'd rent a luxurious, incredibly expensive apartment on San Francisco's Nob Hill so he could keep the right "capitalist hating" mindset. To me, who has worked hard for every nickel, it's puzzling that professors making $200K a year despise capitalism and want to destroy America. They'd make a fraction of that in North Korea, Cuba, or Communist China, where if they preached hatred for their country, they and their family would be simply disappeared.

I went to UC Berkeley long ago. Plenty of Commies, but you could ignore them. Your college experience was far uglier now that the Marxists are in full control. One Berkeley economist was proud to be Jewish and a Communist. When writing one of his virulent anti-capitalism books, he'd rent a luxurious, incredibly expensive apartment on San Francisco's Nob Hill so he could keep the right "capitalist hating" mindset. To me, who has worked hard for every nickel, it's puzzling that professors making $200K a year despise capitalism and want to destroy America. They'd make a fraction of that in North Korea, Cuba, or Communist China, where if they preached hatred for their country, they and their family would be simply disappeared.
IMO every marxist thinks that they would be the "elite" class with everyone else supporting them. Literally & figuratively.

Every. Single. One.

Would be? It's a current fact in the government class of "workers".
Fire them all.
I contracted with government agencies for a number of years. I can absolutely guarantee you that unless you've worked inside government agencies, you literally cannot imagine the level of inefficiency, bogus expenditure, and unashamed laziness that is the rule. I personally know retired Federal employees who travel the world on luxurious pensions and full medical benefits yet did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF VALUE in 30 years of employment. When I say nothing, I mean nothing. Their "expertise" consists in dodging work while hiding behind HR's unwillingness to do or say anything even to individuals who commit Federal crimes. You can NOT run any organization effectively without being able to fire incompetents, criminals, and fools. But government employees, especially Federal, can not be fired or even properly controlled, shamed, or disciplined. The salaries paid to some of the laziest people in America would blow your mind. I've seen it with my own eyes.

An old adage, "those who cannot do, teach" might be a simple explanation of why higher ed is overflowing with these marxist ideas. Anyone who turns a profit with their own labor and also must jump through the hoops of business while constantly having their figurative throat stepped on with government regulations and taxes - would be very unlikely to believe such ideology.

Comparatively, intellectuals don't have to constantly have their ideas tested by the real world. Thomas Sowell also write about this.

Walter Williams writings/speeches on property rights also run extremely counter to our modern government where significant portions of the budget are charity, he very pointedly shared how the constitution did not authorize the government to be involved in charity (state sanctioned theft)
One of them said something along the lines of nothing that requires the labor of others is a right. I want to say it was Sowell.

One of them said something along the lines of nothing that requires the labor of others is a right. I want to say it was Sowell.
A negative right is defined as a right not to be subjected to an action of another human being, or group of people, such as a state, usually in the form of abuse or coercion. A positive right is a right to be provided with something through the action of another person or the state.

Natural rights, like some enumerated in the BOR, are negative rights.

I've just started watching this. You might find it interesting. It's long, so I put it on in the background.

interesting he also points out the massive increase in cost within the first minutes of the video.. Nobody ever wants to talk about the reasons tuition has gone up 10 fold recent years but his stab curtaining is compelling

A negative right is defined as a right not to be subjected to an action of another human being, or group of people, such as a state, usually in the form of abuse or coercion. A positive right is a right to be provided with something through the action of another person or the state.

Natural rights, like some enumerated in the BOR, are negative rights.
I strongly disagree. You have no right to the labor of others. Charity may be a nice thing to do but when people are forced to give, that's not charity - that's theft under the threat of force.

I strongly disagree. You have no right to the labor of others. Charity may be a nice thing to do but when people are forced to give, that's not charity - that's theft under the threat of force.
I think you may be misreading the post.

Negative Rights are rights that cannot be granted by a State, or government. Thats why the Bill of Rights says Congress cannot make laws that infringe on these civil rights.. as much as they continue to do so :rolleyes:

Positive rights are those that are granted by Govt and States.. in other words, privilieges.

I think you may be misreading the post.

Negative Rights are rights that cannot be granted by a State, or government. Thats why the Bill of Rights says Congress cannot make laws that infringe on these civil rights.. as much as they continue to do so :rolleyes:

Positive rights are those that are granted by Govt and States.. in other words, privilieges.
That makes more sense, thanks.

IMO every marxist thinks that they would be the "elite" class with everyone else supporting them. Literally & figuratively.

Every. Single. One.
Arrogance and shallow intellect are common denominators. I've worked with Russians who grew up in Soviet times, and I've had young people from the CCP working for me. With those folks, especially Russians, I can have quite informative discussions about the pros and cons of political systems. But that's utterly impossible with American Leftists. First, they are naïve and ill-informed about political reality. Second, they simply cannot sustain a two-way logical dialog. Their embrace of woke values isn't based on deep thinking. They'll never read Marx, Trotsky, Marcuse, Adorno, etc. Simpletons, really, who absorb ideas the same way little kids absorb and believe in fairy tales. Easily manipulated so quite dangerous.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top