JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Lesburus have some disadvantages. (Lesbaru owner here) They will get stuck in deep mud and snow before a jacked up pickup truck will. However, a bit of judgment will keep you out of that situation. Killing a deer and tossing it in the back is not as easy either, you need a big sheet of plastic to keep it from bleeding out all over the car. 24 mpg. and great road handling - can't bubblegum on that.

Top 10 Top Lesbian Cars
by lesbianlife
Subaru ForesterSubaru Forester

Volkswagen Beetle ConvertibleVolkswagen Beetle Convertible

Honda CivicHonda Civic

Toyota PriusToyota Prius

Mercedes Benz R ClassMercedes Benz R Class

Mini CooperMini Cooper

Ford F 150 Pickup TruckFord F 150 Pickup Truck

Dodge MagnumDodge Magnum

Honda ElementHonda Element

Jeep WranglerJeep Wrangler

PHEW, what's #11?.....CR-V driver here.

Would it help that I also drive an '84 GMC 1/2 ton with a high-per. motor and a '69chev 3/4 ton work truck?

Mike

im sure carfax wouldn't falsify anything- it wouldn't profit them anything to do so, and it is, indeed, a crime to falsify mileage. i don't question the integrity- just the ability to access accurate info.

i don't want to put out the $35 to still not know the correct mileage of a given vehicle..

I hear that,
I last used CarFax when I bought a used vehicle about 12 years ago. The carfax report I received mentioned that the vehicle I was looking at had been in an accident, but was unclear as to just what exact part had been repaired. I do remember swearing to never use carfax again, for that reason...I did finally buy the vehicle, but I recall thinking that the report I had didn't seem to jive.

You can change my post all you want but it does not change the fact that it is the preferred vehicle of short haired women who like to put rainbow stickers on their bumper.
Besides I learned to drive in New England and can outperform most other drivers in the snow, without having the benefit of a four wheel drive.

You're insecure. It's ok. You're not alone.

There's lots of men who are threatened by the superiority of subaru's and feel they must overcompensate. :s0026:

thats obviously a solid theory, and perhaps i'm just getting jaded over the fact that i still haven't found an appropriate truck... i'm gonna guess it's a mix, though, and this is what concerns me. i'm tempted to buy a truck claiming higher mileage just to increase the odds i'm not being lied to.

Do what I did. Buy an old truck ('93 Toyota in my case) with an engine that's obviously on its last legs, but is priced accordingly. I drove it for two years before a rod started knocking and I replaced the engine with a rebuilt 22RE long block for $1500. I now have a '93 with a new engine for about what I would have paid for one with the original engine with 120K miles on it.

I totalled a car about 12 years ago. When I mean totalled, it was t-boned with both driver side doors completely unusable and bent outwards at the top several inches. It was theoretically driveable except the clutch would hang on the deadpedal. I saw it a year or so later near my house back on the road STILL WRECKED with dealer decals from another state. Curiously, I looked it up and CARFAX had no record of the car after my purchase.

More recently when purchasing a used car, the CARFAX was complete with detailed maintenance records which was helpful since the car didn't come with them.

^^^This... :s0155:

For muddy roads, ice, and snow, there's nothing I'd take over a good subaru with the right tires.
You could put a few dollars in your pocket by getting an old 4 or 6 cyl 2wd pickup for dump runs. Or, better yet, you could get a small trailer for a few hundred dollars.

A subaru isnt really at home unless it's plowing snow.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=226&g2_serialNumber=2.jpg

Aside from the '93 4WD toyota pickup I drive to work and on good weather hunting trips, I have a 4WD Suburban 2500, 6.0L with towing package that will go anywhere, any time, without chains. I drove it from over east to OHSU at 3 am on a night when the ambulances weren't running because there was an inch of ice on the road, and I didn't have time to put chains on. 6500 pounds of 4WD will go just about anywhere regardless of the conditions. I also put a 5000 pound diesel tractor on a low-boy behind it and pulled it over Mt. Hood with hardly a downshift. You can't even tell my toy hauler is hooked to it when I tow that. But at 13 mpg it only gets used for very specific purposes, so the mileage is not piling up on it.

I've used both CarFax and AutoCheck. I find them to be about equal. They work better with out of state vehicles, possibly because other states take odometer readings when registrations are renewed. I wouldn't trust a CarFax the seller showed up with, those can be falsified. I also wouldn't buy a vehicle from someone who didn't have it in their own name, that's a red flag to me because it may mean they didn't want to get the VIN inspection done here (if it came from out of state) or there's some other reason they didn't register it to themselves. There are a few exceptions to this. Mileage is not that hard to change, even with digital odometers on newer cars.

Here's a link to a couple of stories about rollbacks. Yes it's a felony, but it's also hard to prove who did it.

<broken link removed>
Happy Valley man, Nicholas Butkovich, accused of selling cars without a license | OregonLive.com
Four charged in odometer rollback scam - seattlepi.com
Northeast Portland man arrested twice in two days during state police investigation | OregonLive.com

The Lesburus have some disadvantages. (Lesbaru owner here) They will get stuck in deep mud and snow before a jacked up pickup truck will. However, a bit of judgment will keep you out of that situation. Killing a deer and tossing it in the back is not as easy either, you need a big sheet of plastic to keep it from bleeding out all over the car. 24 mpg. and great road handling - can't bubblegum on that.

Top 10 Top Lesbian Cars
by lesbianlife
Subaru ForesterSubaru Forester

Volkswagen Beetle ConvertibleVolkswagen Beetle Convertible

Honda CivicHonda Civic

Toyota PriusToyota Prius

Mercedes Benz R ClassMercedes Benz R Class

Mini CooperMini Cooper

Ford F 150 Pickup TruckFord F 150 Pickup Truck

Dodge MagnumDodge Magnum

Honda ElementHonda Element

Jeep WranglerJeep Wrangler

Good to see there's no Chevy's in that lot.

i'v worked in the auto/trk industry for over 45 yrs. !! from about mid 80's till present, most all speedos are 6 digit . now, i'm pretty "crafty" when it comes to some of the tech. pts. of autos.... tear down of doors, and redo everything, and make all ele. pts. work + back hatches (ele. front & rear conts.)install comp. new wiring harnesses.... complete tear down of dashes, and install new pts. NOW, i redid a complete "92" chev trk. for mom....motor was crate ordered from gm...trans & trasnfer case complete redo..change color inside & out..... complete susp. rebuild & brakes....new exht. sooooooo, i thought i would reset the odometer to 000000.....i spent at least 12 hours on this project, with no success ! as you try to move the num. they won't come up right & some have a very thin "trip" wire on back side...you break trip wire & your Kaput...most of the people that get caught in the "speedo gig", have bought speedos from wrecking yrds., and installed them ! then of course as soon as you try to reg. it with "DMV" mil. & vin. don't match.... just a note for looking for items that show over 100000 miles .
door armrests badly worn, floor mats or carpet worn, edge of drivers seat worn, rubbers around doors torn or flattened, ele. win. or mirrors don't work or have been replaced....engine pts. to include, trans rebuilt, heads redone, new alt.,new water pump, new starter....these are commen prts. that all wear out in or around 100000......

hope this helps a little......steven

The value drops significantly at 100k so people try to "off" them before hitting that.
Carfax isn't perfect and have been sued on several occasions. It's just another tool to use when researching a car you may want to buy but not the only one nor the end-all be-all of facts on the vehicle. I still think it's worth the $15 or so they charge to look up a vehicle you are close to buying.

I wish I used carfax when I was younger... After graduating high school, my car stolen and I was given a nice check by the insurance company. I purchased car private party and loved the car so much that I garaged it and it became my life from then on out. Well, 8 years later, after having a family, I decide to sell that 2-door car and it was coveted (regardless of bad economy) due to its rareness of having low miles, being immaculate, and most important having a clean title. I finally settle with a buyer and as he's getting a loan approved, he asks me for my VIN # to give to his bank (loaner). I get a call 30 minutes later telling me that he has been denied the loan because the car fax for my car shows that it does not have a clean title even though the Oregon title I had was clean and physically clear. It upset me that for 8 years, the car I babied was not what I thought it was. I can't believe that person suckered me into buying his car as "clear titled" when in fact it had a bad history.

i have purchased two trks. in the last yr. from private parties/with damage....both of them came from org. owners !
when i paid for them i was handed a clear title from owner ! when i reg. them through "DMV" they both came back as "reconstruct titles"..... this happens cuz the owner "owned" the vehicles, and ins. payed the owner off.....plus the owner kept the trks. now nothing is going to change @ "DMV" until a new owner is involved, and sends in title ! this is when the "ins.comp" has sent "DMV" the status on trks. if you are quick on a "turnaround" sale you mite even end up with a "OK" title, (due to slow paperwork),but the next guy to reg. is going to get a "bad title" !!
"carfax" can only get info. that is given to them....."DMV" mi. records or a "dealership" that has mi. records..... if you don't have your vehicle serviced at a "dealership"......... then their are "NO" mi. records !!

just my thoughts....steven

How is it that the common name for a female dog, or whiny woman, is translated to "bubblegum"? What bubblegum bubblegum is that? Total bubblegum. Makes me want to not post here.

How is it that the common name for a female dog, or whiny woman, is translated to "bubblegum"? What bubblegum bubblegum is that? Total bubblegum. Makes me want to not post here.

im sure the decision was based on the perception that being a "family-friendly" board would attract more active users than being a "big-boy" board.

but even m4c, which is owned and operated by religious nuts, doesn't censor profanity on it's own.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top