JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First of all I'd like to say that I'm new to your forum. Though I have been reading your threads for a couple of weeks now.

I'm also new to the 1911 world. I shot a friends Springfeild loaded 9mm and I must say that I dig this style of gun but I would like a more "old school" style 1911 in .45 cal with some of the upgrades to the original design like the higher sights, lower ejection port, and beavertail safety.

I was wondering what you guys think I should know about the 1911 style guns and if I should be looking at anything besides the Springfeild Mil-spec and the new Para Gi Expert.

Yeah, the loaded was nice and shot as well as my .22 target pistol but I was looking for somthing with less flash for less cash. I was looking at the Springfeild Gi model but I decided that I didn't want to fight feedind problems and stove pipe issues when I let a new shooter friend try it out. Besides who wants the "bite" from the original style safety.

I'm sure that I'll catch the upgrade bug some day and want to do all sorts of mods so I figure that I should only pay for the upgrades that I know I need for now.

I have two Milspec models. On new I picked up for 400- and another model from the early 90's my brother gave to me. No complaints with either. The run great are on target. I usually carry the old one everywhere.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top