JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I watched that video, it was bitter sweet. Yeah, it was kind of funny (ok it was funny), but it was very saddening also. This man was very talented in the boxing ring. One of the best ever. Really. But he certainly has a monkey or two on his back.

When I watched that video, it was bitter sweet. Yeah, it was kind of funny (ok it was funny), but it was very saddening also. This man was very talented in the boxing ring. One of the best ever. Really. But he certainly has a monkey or two on his back.

You can pretty much trace everything back to him losing Cus D'Amato as a father figure, and Kevin Rooney as a trainer. The minute those two were out of the picture Don King and every other bad influence in the sport moved in for the kill.

You're right, it is sad, but how many times have we seen this story play out not just in the boxing ring, but in professional sports of all fields. I think the Tyson example stands out because he burned so bright to start and then burned out just as quickly. Say what you want about Don King (I can't say much more about what I think of him without being banned), but at some point it comes down to personal responsibility. Some people have it ingrained in them no matter what circumstances they grew up in and some couldn't make it with all the breaks in the world.

But the song's still funny!

You can pretty much trace everything back to him losing Cus D'Amato as a father figure, and Kevin Rooney as a trainer. The minute those two were out of the picture Don King and every other bad influence in the sport moved in for the kill.

True. Both his career and life starting heading down the toilet shortly after those 2 left.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top