JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Great article by Mike Seeklander on what he calls the "Handgun Skills Triad." Note that there's an accompanying video to help illustrate the key grip components but the main info is in the article. Good video too though. :)

The Handgun Skills Triad – The Key to High Performance Shooting | Shooting-Performance.com
This article has some key points that are certainly outside of the "box" for some of you that are locked into traditional handgun shooting methods. But, these points might help make you a dramatically better handgun shooter, and elevate your understanding of how to shoot faster and more accurate. Some of the material in this article is covered in previous articles as well. However, I have learned from teaching thousands of students that sometimes (ok most of the time) people have to hear things more than once to actually get it.

I just finished teaching a class with a motivated group of students and once again observed what makes a shooter a good shooter versus a not so good shooter. Every single shooting related error can be found in one of three areas in the handgun skills "triad." A triad is defined as a "set of three." In handgun shooting, there are many skills that are important to understand, practice, and master if you ever want to excel. Three of them are the real keys to success. When teaching, I find that the real failure to perform for many students is their lack of ability to manage these three key areas successfully.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top