JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wonder if Mike Bellotti decided to move to a state where the personal income tax bite was much less??

Ha! Ha! I doubt if that had anything to do with his decision to leave but a new job at ESPN is a new challenge and I suggest that is the attraction.

Your thoughts???

I think that his golden parachute outweighs any tax disadvantages:

http://uomatters.blogspot.com/2010/03/good-old-boys-at-play.html

Some details -

The UO had no signed agreement with Bellotti on the terms of his employment or departure when he took over the job of athletic director last summer, yet the UO says it will pay the former football coach $2.3 million to fulfill unspecified "commitments" that were never put on paper.
Bellotti negotiated the terms of his employment orally with UO President Richard Lariviere last July, when both of them were beginning their new jobs, a UO spokeswoman said. Those terms are not being made public. Less than nine months later, the two settled on the details of a deal allowing Bellotti to leave for a television job with the multi-million-dollar payout.
Only the resignation agreement was committed to paper. That document states that the UO will pay Bellotti $2.3 million "to fulfill commitments made to Bellotti at the time of his employment as intercollegiate Athletics Director," but it does not say what those commitments were.
Lariviere was preparing for a trip to Asia and was not available for comment this week. Reached by phone Friday, Bellotti referred questions about the financial terms of his employment agreement back to the university administration.

Why he's leaving is probably over money...the fact that Kent got canned, then Bellotti leaves a week later might be more telling about something going on there....who knows...who cares....

Are you going to worry about a bunch of millionaires?

He resigned one day after his golden parachute kicked in. He will get $25,000 per month for the next 6 years.

Geez, person could almost get along on that kind of money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top