JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey Joe, noticed this morning the forum is caching images locally and saving them as attachments you have to click on rather than just displaying them, is this intentional? It didn't use to be like this if I recall correctly. Also, when you coming by the shop and dropping off the banner? =D

Could not get on at first, then woohoo success. Then was switching topics and it kicked me back to the successful migration page and it took me awhile to get back on. Little bugs will get worked out in time.

Has been a little glitchy with me. 5 minutes ago even couldn't get the Homepage, got the message saying what was new and the link to speed/fix it up etc. Then tried again and all is well.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated!

Regarding the DNS issue, it generally takes 24-48 hours for the DNS information to fully propagate throughout the internet, and this isn't uncommon. Please let me know if it continues past Sunday.

Hey Joe, noticed this morning the forum is caching images locally and saving them as attachments you have to click on rather than just displaying them, is this intentional? It didn't use to be like this if I recall correctly. Also, when you coming by the shop and dropping off the banner? =D

I'll look into this, can you give me an example?

I'm going to try to get over your way next week :D

Well guys, welcome home! As of 11AM this morning, we are now fully migrated to our brand new server! I want to thank everyone for their patience and support. This server will provide us with a much better platform for our future growth and development.

Once the site has been up for a couple days and we're confident there are no major issues, we'll begin implementing the improvements made possible with this upgrade. I'm very happy with the speed increases we've seen so far, and we still have a lot to do in the way of optimization. We just rebuilt the engine and fired it up, now it's time to tune it! We'll be announcing new features in this section, as we roll them out.

The purpose of this thread is to get some initial feedback. I'm sure if there were any huge problems we'd have heard about it by now, but sometimes issues do go unreported. As with ever large, multi-component IT project such as this, it's pretty much guaranteed that gremlins will present themselves at some point. Our job is to make sure we tackle them when they're small and manageable. If you encounter an issue with the site, please post a description of it in this thread so we can look into it. We'd also like to hear your initial feedback on performance and/or anything else you've noticed. If possible, please include a description of your computer or device, hardware and software, and your internet connection details.

Lastly, be sure you keep an eye on this section of the forum for new feature announcements. We have some exciting things coming up! :)

The system response times are alot faster. I'v had no issues.
Good Job Joe!
Thanks - Barney

Hopefully this won't make it all irrelevant.
kn111314dAPR20141112014553.jpg

The cartoon was a copy and paste and do not know why it came in as an attachment?

So I clicked the button to insert an image. Typed in the address. I can see the image in the edit box.
493e0d00-2dbd-4eb4-8eb1-180b9b89c0d4_zps697be023.jpg

Then when it posts it changes it to an attachment and you have to click rather than it just displaying it.

rss feeds? I had several rss feeds set up for the different forums
Now when I try to access them I get 'Live Bookmark feed failed to load' in firefox.

or If I try access one directly via the http link i get "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forums/ammunition-reloading.11/index.rss

I think this happened a bit before you started the upgrade, so it might not be related.....

Alright guys, I've been working some larger conflicts, now I'm ready to tackle these issues.

The attachment issue I can definitely see. A link is being posted, rather than an image, right?

We disabled the RSS feeds prior to the update, they're now re-enabled ;)

Anyone still getting DNS errors?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads