JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well guys, welcome home! As of 11AM this morning, we are now fully migrated to our brand new server! I want to thank everyone for their patience and support. This server will provide us with a much better platform for our future growth and development.

Once the site has been up for a couple days and we're confident there are no major issues, we'll begin implementing the improvements made possible with this upgrade. I'm very happy with the speed increases we've seen so far, and we still have a lot to do in the way of optimization. We just rebuilt the engine and fired it up, now it's time to tune it! We'll be announcing new features in this section, as we roll them out.

The purpose of this thread is to get some initial feedback. I'm sure if there were any huge problems we'd have heard about it by now, but sometimes issues do go unreported. As with ever large, multi-component IT project such as this, it's pretty much guaranteed that gremlins will present themselves at some point. Our job is to make sure we tackle them when they're small and manageable. If you encounter an issue with the site, please post a description of it in this thread so we can look into it. We'd also like to hear your initial feedback on performance and/or anything else you've noticed. If possible, please include a description of your computer or device, hardware and software, and your internet connection details.

Lastly, be sure you keep an eye on this section of the forum for new feature announcements. We have some exciting things coming up! :)

I dont know if its officially transition yet?

But I had a few PMs and posts I tried responding back to that when I pressed post reply the whole page refreshed and all the data from my post was gone?

Perhaps I jumped the gun and tried posting before the forum was ready?;)

Could be! DNS propagation and caching always make for interesting quirks. When was the last time you noticed this?

Were you paying attention to your facebook replies earlier? For some of us there was a delay in gaining access. I had to screw around to "gain entry" but once I shut my computer down, it was an "F" fest all over again...
Even though you posted a link as to how to fix the "DNS" thing, many of us are not all that computer savvy and it is frustrating.
However, now that I'm "here", all is well.

Were you paying attention to your facebook replies earlier? For some of us there was a delay in gaining access. I had to screw around to "gain entry" but once I shut my computer down, it was an "F" fest all over again...
Even though you posted a link as to how to fix the "DNS" thing, many of us are not all that computer savvy and it is frustrating.
However, now that I'm "here", all is well.

I actually just saw that a few minutes ago. I spent the morning chasing small bugs, and the early afternoon taking a nap. What they say about sleep deprecation feeling like a .10 BAC is true! I was awake and working mostly non-stop from 5:30AM Tuesday until 11:30AM this morning. I'm convinced I should never do that again, it's surreal.

I should have included a disclaimer about the DNS article we linked. In hindsight, it was clear my brain wasn't firing on all cylinders. Most people are behind consumer routers which cache the DNS results, so flushing the DNS on your local system wouldn't have much of an effect. I'll learn from this for next time, and likely omit the DNS info all together and let the system

And we truly enjoy what you're doing. We are so used to things working seamlessly that we may get a little cranky when it doesn't. Just think of us ol' timers as 3 year olds that need a nap.

cheers!

No bubbles, no troubles. The RAM upgrade is noticeable. Servers aren't all about horsepower, but more on ft/lbs of torque. ;)

While posting a couple of private conversations, just moments ago, I was prompted to sign in again. That happened about 4 times (each time I responded to a private conversation). ??

Bill

Thanks for the replies, guys.

While posting a couple of private conversations, just moments ago, I was prompted to sign in again. That happened about 4 times (each time I responded to a private conversation). ??

Bill

When you log in, do you click the keep me signed in box?

No I don't. Never have before. Unless it was auto default, before.

Just logged off, signed in again and saw that box. So checked it and we'll see.

Thanks.

Thanks Bill, keep me updated. We're actually modifying that functionality a bit, as we move to a much more secure connection between members and our server (BIG hint there :)).

Its a first class interface. Good job.

It's only going to get better :D

Nice work on the migration! Thank you for offering such a fantastic resource.

One question though, RSS has been down since Tuesday evening and it seems the old index.rss pages got marked with new permissions. Will this feature be coming back or is there a new set of feeds I should be pointing at?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top