JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As my astrologer says, "When in doubt, do nothing." I usually am in doubt a lot. Especially when it comes to spending money - no matter the source. Consequently, I fish a lot. That's not "doing nothing" but it's close enuf for rural work. And the nutrition beats anything I could buy at the store. Oh yeah - "doing nothing" also goes for hypnotizing a deer to stand still for just one second, while I slide an arrow through its chest... Good luck with your choices. Chill.

Hello,

I am sorry about your Grandfather dying. You have my sincere condolences.

I would buy a special knife in memory of your Grandfather. A classic fixed blade knife or a folding/pocket knife - something in a classic style, classic name brand and really pretty! (I only use fixed blade knives now but whatever trips your trigger there!)

Since you don't have debt and are doing well - no problem. I was going to mention to get out of debt if you had that issue.

I would save the rest of the money or put some of it into any supplies that you may be LOW in for your household.

If you plan on MOVING out of state - I would NOT want to be TOP HEAVY with a SUPER HEAVY stock of ammunition and/or reloading supplies. Loaded down with a really big or heavy supply of ammunition is a JOB to move even if you have some 'help' at any age.

Weight? It all adds up no matter how you move, what you can move alone, what you can move with family or friends, and/or if you hire SOME help as with a professional moving company - they will not move SPECIFIC items as we all know.

Take care.

Sincerely,

Old Lady Cate
PS: I enjoy your bluntness in many of your posts when it comes to your own specific stories of personal self defense and survival. What you have endured and overcome in your personal life. God bless you and your family.

I am not moving unless something happens to make me. If I do there are places I would not consider. I have one of my grandfather's knives. I am leaning towards an Israeli made desert eagle, and then contemplating a bit. The only hiccup on the gatling being it is My normal place to be, will not allow them.

And Cate as to not having a substantial amount of ammo... ...that ship has sailed.

I'm sorry, please forgive me if the translation from the ancient text is not 100% perfect.
but every time I see this thread's title I'm reminded of the ancient Confucius admonishment about the perils of sudden wealth .....

..... Man that come into cash, end up with sticky wallet.

Not sure if he's warning against the urge to be cheap or advising to by some Kleenex?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews