JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From my grandfather's estate. Guessing around 8k
He was the guy who got me into guns. I am wondering on thoughts. These are the thoughts running through my head.

Mac 10, FA always wanted them and they are lego guns of the FA world. The fact that there is a .22lr upper and a .223 upper are tempting
Tippmann armory 9mm Gatling gun, and one of the suppressors in existence for those bad boys. Plus my Grandfather loved the old gatling guns. Not very practical to shoot. But would be oh so fun I think. Non-NFA is a plus, except for the suppressor which I would not be certain I would get.
A Desert Eagle, and a Galil Ace in 7.62x39 and call it good. I love both of these guns. They would get the most range time by far. Non NFA as well
A Reising FA 45acp. Simply old school and bada$$

These are not the sorts of guns I normally buy. but all are close to bucket list.

What are your thoughts?

A Desert Eagle, and a Galil Ace in 7.62x39 and call it good. I love both of these guns. They would get the most range time by far. Non NFA as well

Those 2.

1. IF you ever move out of Oregon you will probably have to sell FA guns...

2. Get something you will shoot so when you do you remember the old guy who taught you to shoot:s0155:.

3. Everyone needs a DE with all the barrels and mags to shoot all 3 calibers:D;)

4. Non FA guns will allow you to buy more guns you will use.

5. The only FA guns I've been around use a bubblegum ton of anmo.

and sorry to hear about your grandfather. I lost the one that taught me to shoot when I was only 20.

From my grandfather's estate. Guessing around 8k
He was the guy who got me into guns. I am wondering on thoughts. These are the thoughts running through my head.

Mac 10, FA always wanted them and they are lego guns of the FA world. The fact that there is a .22lr upper and a .223 upper are tempting
Tippmann armory 9mm Gatling gun, and one of the suppressors in existence for those bad boys. Plus my Grandfather loved the old gatling guns. Not very practical to shoot. But would be oh so fun I think. Non-NFA is a plus, except for the suppressor which I would not be certain I would get.
A Reising FA 45acp. Simply old school and bada$$

These are not the sorts of guns I normally buy. but all are close to bucket list.

What are your thoughts?

Buy one nice gun, save or invest the rest.

My crap opinion....people who buy a Reisling sell a Reisling. STUDIES MIGHT PROVE WE SPELLED IT WRONG BUT I KNEW WHAT U IMPLIED.
The Lage upper option (spelling? )
Elevated the Mac series out of the "novelty" category they seemed destined for eternity. Check out Forgotten Weapons episodes , thats what caught my eye.
YOU MUST NOT BE MARRIED HUH ?
I'd say spend half or 5/8 then save rest cash for dice games:s0149:.

What are your thoughts?
Having had one at one time long ago, get the MAC-10.
That way, I can live vicariously through you... :)
Spring 1984 (MAC 10).01.jpg
Spring 1984 (MAC 10).02.jpg

Honestly, if you have any unsecured debt (credit cards, etc).... pay them off (or down if it's more than $8k)... the money you save in interest will accumulate and you can buy toys with cash before you know it!

That's what I'd want my heirs to do... :s0155:

My experience is, you might buy all that stuff, have it for a while, then wonder why you bought it. A sudden windfall often encourages expenditures you wouldn't otherwise make. Stuff you probably wouldn't buy if you didn't have money burning a hole in your pocket. Under conditions where you had to work for every penny of it. Listen to your own inner voice of reason.

Buy a bunch of food that stores well and the GALIL if you dont already have a x39 tool.
Things are looking ugly eating might become a luxury.

When my grandparents gave me a large amount of cash for graduation in the 80's, my dad told me to put it towards a $20k house. Instead I bought a `65 GTO. Dumb. Goat is now worth $40k and the house $400k. Sold the Goat for $3500 years ago.

I like the idea of buying a firearm that respects his memory.

In the same circumstances I'd rather hang on to the cash. I was fortunate that my own grandfather introduced the simple enjoyment of the first early cup of coffee of the day while contemplating possibilities. Good luck with your choices.

I would evaluate the toys I have.
I like what was mentioned about eliminating debt, while maybe also, adding to the remembrance of your grandfather.
Grandfather was a topic while visiting a long time friend yesterday. My friend had an Elk rack hanging on the wall, that his grandfather shot in 1921.
It was an average 6 point at a glance, but the girth (circumference) of the horns was Majestic, and very MASSIVE all the way to every point.
An Elk from times when their much needed nutrition was never a problem.

Just watched an episode of Dragnet from 68-70 time frame. A guy was selling a FA Thompson for $70.
Not sure what a weeks salary was in the late 60s but it still seems like a bargain.

If I came into 8k.

It would go straight to savings.

Maybe 1k towards ammo.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR