JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The below link has the Hand guard I just purchased from Midwest Industries.

<broken link removed>

This is a well made, fool-proof design that is simple to install and rock solid once it is in place. Well priced for $124.00 but I found them somewhere for $109.00. I just accidentally installed the HG on my MAK-90 when I was just fitting it to see how it would go together. It was that easy!

I highly recommend the MI rail AK HG to anyone looking for a railed HG.

SF-

Oh yea I will post pics when I get the folding stock done.

Edit: I forgot to mention this is American made and counts as one (1), 922r compliant part.

Actually you have to remove the original upper Hg from the AK gas tube. I ripped the original Chinese wood from the gas tube last night, it probably took the longest time during the installation. After that it clamps to the barrel. Too easy.

I found the MI HG while googling for AK rail HG's other than the UltiMak. I like the UltiMak I was just looking for an alternative.

SF-

I was told last night to post pics of the HG system on the rifle.

SF-

MAKHG1.jpg
MAKHG3.jpg
MAKHG2.jpg

I am not really into dumping mags just heat things up but next time I go shooting Ill see if I can bring myself to it... I am still a cheap @$$ and hate not hitting what I am aiming at. I imagine if you can set an AK wood for end on fire I imagine the metal hand guards will heat up very similar to the problem of the G1 FAL with its metal HG.

It has been reported that plastic HG's without the metal liner have a tendency to melt to AK barrels.

SF-

I have one of these with a Burris Fastfire II and a cheap flashlight on it. I'm going to put a magpul angled foregrip on it instead of the flashlight. It does get a bit warm, so a grip or rail covers might be needed for comfort. Pics:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top