JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know several people that have received this email from MidwayUSA........

"Dear ...................,

We have been holding some products for you, waiting for other items to arrive so we could ship your order complete. However, we believe an Executive Order could be released any day prohibiting the sale of certain products such as high-capacity magazines and AR-15 parts and accessories. Therefore we have done a partial release of your backorders to ensure that any of these items and other items we had in inventory waiting to ship complete are all on their way, in case such an Order is forthcoming. You will receive a shipping notification shortly. Other items on backorder, that we have not yet received, are not affected by this partial release.

We appreciate your understanding and your business. We always put Customer Satisfaction first and believe this action is in the very best interest of our Customers.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA Customer Service"

This was my update from them:

Dear Brownells Customer,

We have experienced a truly unprecedented volume of orders recently. Because your trust is most important to us, we want to assure you we are doing our very best to achieve our goal of same/next day shipping on your orders.

However, as a result of industry-wide shortage of certain products, many customers like you have ordered out of stock items and have been placed on backorder status. We are in daily contact with our key suppliers to get as much inventory as they are able to send so we can fill backorders as quickly as possible.

It is our promise to fill all backorders as quickly as possible. We will not cancel your backorder unless you specifically request us to do so. Orders will be filled and shipped based on the date they were received. We will ship backordered items as soon as inventory arrives in our warehouse. You may receive multiple shipments, but remember you only pay shipping once with Brownells.

In addition, we are developing an order update system to keep you informed on the status and anticipated delivery date of your order.

You are our #1 Priority, so please know we are doing everything possible to get your order to you as quickly as we can.

Best – Frank & Pete Brownell

I don't believe such statements from most internet ammo sellers is (only) to instill fear. Much of it comes from genuine concern.

Internet sales of ammo, or at least limits to it, are pretty much a sure thing in my book. At least many online vendors who are accepting back orders are not charging credit cards until being ready to ship. That way if internet sales are stopped, they can simply cancel the order vs crediting back charges.

Elite Ammo is a small, honest family company and they full believe they will not be able to ship ammo in the near future.

Gee, a gun store puts out an e-mail to feed into the fears already present with possible gun control legislation? What could their motive be, I wonder?

Mmmmm....

I dont agree, I see it as "hey we're going to get the stuff we have in stock to you just in case"

Gee, a gun store puts out an e-mail to feed into the fears already present with possible gun control legislation? What could their motive be, I wonder?

Mmmmm....
I would say their motive is to not be caught with millions of dollars of inventory that they can't sell.
If an AWB comes down that disallows the sale of ARs and any part thereof, a company like Midway is hosed if they get stuck with a stock of numerous SKUs that can't be sold, and must be destroyed, or warehoused until there is a legal market for them.

The fear is theirs, and I can't blame them one bit.

Just because people don't understand supply chain(s), and the money invested in them, doesn't mean stupid legislation doesn't put vendors at risk.
Despite people's propensity to see a "big business conspiracy," and ignore the reality of doing business.

I would hate to see even more gun/part suppliers put out of business by stricter gun laws, but with demand high, and thousands (millions?) of orders pending, that is the reality for any business that isn't watching the latest political circus VERY closely.

I applaud Midway for their foresight, commitment to customer service, and their ability to recognize the reality of doing business in an anti-gun political climate.

I would say their motive is to not be caught with millions of dollars of inventory that they can't sell.
If an AWB comes down that disallows the sale of ARs and any part thereof, a company like Midway is hosed if they get stuck with a stock of numerous SKUs that can't be sold, and must be destroyed, or warehoused until there is a legal market for them.

^^this

They could just raise the price of there legal items to offset the inventory cost caused by the government law. Then these naysayers will have something to whine about. Then maybe they don't care about higher prices since they bought into obammycare and a no growth economy.

No one cheers more for a tyrant than the ones he enslaves

As a retired businessman, believe me, it is very difficult to plan in an uncertain political climate.

That said. I do not believe for one minute that if Ob issues an executive order to restrict online ammo sales, that it will stick. That would go through the courts at lightning speed (for the courts) because of the potential damage to the economy. It might even be prevented by congress faster than the courts.

Could Ob try? Sure he can try anything. He has already stuck his nose up at the congress and the constitution several times, but he has to be careful.. If he really angers congress, he will not get anything he wants, from the democrats or the republicians.

I think Midway is doing right by their customers with this. I got the email this morning and it worries me that they believe something might happen. I was selling an AR-15 because I truly believed this would all blow over and I would be able to just get another one but now I'm not so sure.

The fear is theirs, and I can't blame them one bit.

Just because people don't understand supply chain(s), and the money invested in them, doesn't mean stupid legislation doesn't put vendors at risk.
Despite people's propensity to see a "big business conspiracy," and ignore the reality of doing business.

I would hate to see even more gun/part suppliers put out of business by stricter gun laws, but with demand high, and thousands (millions?) of orders pending, that is the reality for any business that isn't watching the latest political circus VERY closely.

I applaud Midway for their foresight, commitment to customer service, and their ability to recognize the reality of doing business in an anti-gun political climate.

And the other side of that coin is that if they have half a brain they are not ordering new ARs or parts that they might be prohibited from selling.

OTOH, if a corporation has an inventory of maybe 50 ARs they are stuck with and can't sell, then maybe as a stockholder you could pay the corporation a service and cleaning fee to rent them. As a stockholder you have an undivided interest in the assets of the company, which includes the inventory, I would presume. They would remain the property of the corporation forever, and stockholders could come and go over time. It's an interesting thought.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top