JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well this is an interesting development- if you attempt to order a 10 round mag from MidwayUSA, such as a P320 neutered mag, MidwayUSA will not let you complete the order to an Oregon address, stating: "Oregon has restricted the sale of magazines that have a capacity of more than 10 rounds, or those that can be adapted to hold more than ten round- e.g., those with a floor plate or end plate."

So basically any semi auto pistol or rifle mag, whether it is limited to 10 rounds or not, such as the Sig neutered mags, which actually have divots on the sides so that regardless of whether you can add a baseplate, the follower will still not allow you to put more then 10 rounds past the divots. By their logic, this would mean that even pistols/rifles that come with 10 round mags would not be able to be purchased in Oregon, whic essentially means most all semi auto pistols or rifles with Magazines. . .

Screenshot when i tried to add a Sig 10 round mag to cart. Same thing with Glock 10 round mags. Awesome. (Looks up moving to Texas . . .)

F686E7F2-0C79-4BB3-A8F5-2A55AC50E385.jpeg

My guess is they will update their website order system after this plays out. Theres some debate about if certain sub compact standard mags can be made "readily available" to accept more than 10 rounds with extended baseplates.

everyone, flood them with emails. It only takes a few seconds.
copy/paste:
Oregon's 114 law was put on hold in court, its still legal to sell us standard magazines currently. We need you right now.
We get it if it was illegal to sell us standard capacity magazines, but currently you wont even sell us 114 compliant magazines.

Primary Arms cancelled my mag order then reinstated it after the Harney ruling yesterday. Pleasantly surprised I woke up to the email saying they would be shipped today.

I emailed Magpul yesterday and they responded this afternoon stating they will ship mags to Oregon as long as the TRO stands. However, due to the potential of the TRO being lifted at any moment, they are only accepting orders via phone. The number to call to place the order is 877-462-4785 Monday thru Friday 9-5MST.

Midway is not at fault here. This is the way the law is written. That's useful for litigation since is effectively a ban in all semiauto pistols, most semiauto rifles, and any bolt action rifle that takes an AICS, AR, and several other detachable magazines.

Would this not be helpful to OFF in their lawsuit?

Last Edited:
In midways defense.. they went a bit overboard with it to include standard mags already 10 or less, but they aren't "wrong". That's pretty much what 114 says.... and part of why it's so evil.

If you can slap an extension on it, it's verboten.

Some mags with limiters, detents and even rivets can be easily modified. Other mags make it physically impossible.

When they make these laws, the authors are generally completely uneducated about firearms and how no real idea of how encompassing the restriction is. It just sounds good. If you are in the industry though... you know exactly what they just made illegal. Intended or not.

IE., I don't think they intentionally banned many shotguns, but where too stupid to know mini-shells exist and how many can fit in some shotty's... so it was just a happy byproduct (for them) that those got banned, too.

For midway to determine which are convertable and which are not is a pretty monumental task reviewing them one by one. It sounds like they took the safe path and stopped them all... which is understandable.

I agree though.... they better get it worked out pretty quick and have every reason to resume shipping under the stay... if they wanted to.

IE., I don't think they intentionally banned many shotguns, but where too stupid to know mini-shells exist and how many can fit in some shotty's... so it was just a happy byproduct (for them) that those got banned, too.
They didn't ban shotguns at all. No other state with a 10-round limit has, by default, banned shotgun sales. It's utter nonsense. Just because some can take mini-shells doesn't mean that the capacity of, say, a 20" Mossberg has gone from 8 shells to over 10.

They did not put a 10-round limit in place based on what a gun COULD hold. They based it on what the gun TRADITIONALLY holds. And most combat shotguns hold 6 to 8 rounds, and in fact that is almost always listed in the advertisement. Therefore, not banned. And I will be VERY surprised if any dealer refuses to sell a shotgun based on this mini-shells BS.

If I can somehow put smaller bullets in my 30 round Pmag for my AR-15, it doesn't mean that the mag is now a 60 round (or whatever) mag. It's still a 30 round Pmag.

They didn't ban shotguns at all. No other state with a 10-round limit has, by default, banned shotgun sales. It's utter nonsense. Just because some can take mini-shells doesn't mean that the capacity of, say, a 20" Mossberg has gone from 8 shells to over 10.

They did not put a 10-round limit in place based on what a gun COULD hold. They based it on what the gun TRADITIONALLY holds. And most combat shotguns hold 6 to 8 rounds, and in fact that is almost always listed in the advertisement. Therefore, not banned. And I will be VERY surprised if any dealer refuses to sell a shotgun based on this mini-shells BS.

If I can somehow put smaller bullets in my 30 round Pmag for my AR-15, it doesn't mean that the mag is now a 60 round (or whatever) mag. It's still a 30 round Pmag.
In a world where common sense prevails, I agree, but it's purely an assumption that they meant "traditionally holds" vs. "could hold". It is not defined in the measure and, taken at face value of how it "may" be interpreted, it might in fact include shotty's with tubes capable of holding more than 10rds.

There is also no reason to support that how OR will treat a mag ban has any correlation to how other states manage theirs.

It is wholly incorrect though that a magazine body that would hold 30rds of one caliber bullet but 60 of another would mean that mag is still a 30rd mag. The definition clearly defines it as "capable of holding" not "originally designed to only hold".

If that were even remotely true... and by that logic... then a mag designed and notated to be a 10rd mag converted to a 15rd mag would still be a 10rd mag. Nice try, but NOPE! ;)

I agree that it's not likely they will ban shotgun sales, but that's probably more about them being ignorant to the fact that they "could" since the law, as written, would allow for it.

I also believe though that it's not outside the realm of possibility that at some point in time, they might.

The crux of the issue, IMHO, is not even so much about if you can buy one or not. It's about people being concerned if they are going to get in trouble or not for an over 10rd capacity if they take their shotty's out of their homes. Will the capacity standard be based on the commonly considered capacity or "real" capacity using mini shells as the standard? That seems to be a pretty valid concern.

Last Edited:
screw Midway
Yeah!

No wait, why?

They've never done me wrong, and I've saved crap tonnes of $ over the years buying from them.

Including standard capacity magazines.

So unless your telling me that they are now hippie pinko commie freaks, I believe I'll continue to shop there. If it saves my family money over shopping somewhere else.

Yeah!

No wait, why?

They've never done me wrong, and I've saved crap tonnes of $ over the years buying from them.

Including standard capacity magazines.

So unless your telling me that they are now hippie pinko commie freaks, I believe I'll continue to shop there. If it saves my family money over shopping somewhere else.
This^^^ :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads