JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just fired them an email about my disgust. I may be a small customer because I only purchase about $4k per year from them but I also influence several friends who ask where to buy. I'd estimate about $10k per year loss for them. They probably won't even bat an eye with that chump change but multiplies several times over and they may take notice. Ten round mags ARE legal, if they won't even take that chance then I will have to shop elsewhere. That would suck as Midway has been my go to because of their selection and ease of ordering.

Just fired them an email about my disgust. I may be a small customer because I only purchase about $4k per year from them but I also influence several friends who ask where to buy. I'd estimate about $10k per year loss for them. They probably won't even bat an eye with that chump change but multiplies several times over and they may take notice. Ten round mags ARE legal, if they won't even take that chance then I will have to shop elsewhere. That would suck as Midway has been my go to because of their selection and ease of ordering.
The language in 114 is pretty specific about removable base plates. If a magazine has one then it can be converted and thus illegal for sale. Naturally this means virtually every magazine out there.

This could be the Achilles Heal of the mag ban portion since no new semi autos that use such a magazine can be sold with a magazine and thus inoperable making it a de facto ban on commonly used firearms.

IMO this could get a lot of mileage for the teams fighting the mag ban portion of 114.

The language in 114 is pretty specific about removable base plates. If a magazine has one then it can be converted and thus illegal for sale. Naturally this means virtually every magazine out there.

This could be the Achilles Heal of the mag ban portion since no new semi autos that use such a magazine can be sold with a magazine and thus inoperable making it a de facto ban on commonly used firearms.

IMO this could get a lot of mileage for the teams fighting the mag ban portion of 114.
It's possible.

I seem to recall some cases in the past though that might be used aginst that argument. Basically defining "readily convertible" for legal purposes in OR to mean that a guy would have to have the means to convert it on his person at the time of whatever incident caused LE to take notice.

Soo... having a base plate and being "capable" of alteration may not be a qualifier under the ban. At least.... I think that's an argument the state would use to shoot that claim down.

I dunno.

Primary Arms cancelled my mag order then reinstated it after the Harney ruling yesterday. Pleasantly surprised I woke up to the email saying they would be shipped today.
Primary Arms shipped me some mags yesterday.

I tried to order a couple RECEIVERS from Palmetto State Armory yesterday but their website would not allow the purchase to go through. I called and they told me they will not sell to Oregon until all the BS is cleared up and they know where they stand.

Midways one of the best online gunstores out there. Im not going to stop shopping there just because they were forced to try and figure out how to stay legal in a law they didnt have any vote on.

I was incorrect about detachable base plates named specifically in 114, however, the readily converted aspect still comes into play as expansion kits abound.

Since you can put a five round expansion like this on a ten round magazine with a detachable floor plate, the ten round magazine is banned under 114.

1670514717408.png

Since someone makes this type of adapter for any magazine style with a detachable plate it's effectively a firearm ban since you can't purchase mags for the firearm nor can they be provided during the transfer of the firearm.

This laws written so poorly, I might as well just keep carrying my 17 round mag and just put 10 rounds in it and just pray on the cop being reasonable and my completely clean record.

I was incorrect about detachable base plates named specifically in 114, however, the readily converted aspect still comes into play as expansion kits abound.

Since you can put a five round expansion like this on a ten round magazine with a detachable floor plate, the ten round magazine is banned under 114.

View attachment 1326353

Since someone makes this type of adapter for any magazine style with a detachable plate it's effectively a firearm ban since you can't purchase mags for the firearm nor can they be provided during the transfer of the firearm.
Someone already posted Oregon case law in another thread that supports this is not the case. Basically what was determined is "readily" means everything is there at the time to convert, such as a removable mag block. Not that you have a extended mag base at home and unmodified mag in your possesion in public.

Someone already posted Oregon case law in another thread that supports this is not the case. Basically what was determined is "readily" means everything is there at the time to convert, such as a removable mag block. Not that you have a extended mag base at home and unmodified mag in your possesion in public.
Section 11 (1) (d)
1670516610983.png

Pretty clear to me. How do you read it?

Section 11 (1) (d)
View attachment 1326374

Pretty clear to me. How do you read it?
The definition of readily is, without delay or difficulty. Don't you think standing in a public place it would be difficult to convert a mag to a greater capacity without the parts to do it? With the definition of readily and Oregon cases to back this up, it is not something to get people worked up on.

I just chatted with them and took everything off my cart. I always order from Midway .... this is ridiculous that 1. they woudl side with an illegal law over citizens and their customers. 2. the law has been BLOCKED.... done with Midway !!

I just chatted with them and took everything off my cart. I always order from Midway .... this is ridiculous that 1. they woudl side with an illegal law over citizens and their customers. 2. the law has been BLOCKED.... done with Midway !!
The mag portion has not to my knowledge been blocked, only the Permit requirement to purchase has been delayed 30 days.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top