JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just placed an order end of last week. It shipped the same day.

Could it be the difference in shipping? USPS is generally way faster, 2-3 days, then UPS which seems to take 3-7 days even for the same distance.....

USPS is getting slower and more expensive. I am seeing it with stuff I ship from work and my wife with her ebay biz. I expect this horrible, nasty, child starving, national park ruining shut down to make USPS wait times longer.

Brutus Out

I have this exact same problem. I HAVE to have A PO BOX CAUSE I LIVE IN TOWN. But if my landlord would put up a mail box then they'd deliver it. So I get bubblegumed at the PO if I used my street address for an Amazon order. So what the really bubblegumy postal gal says is put my PO box number as the plus four on the physical address zip! It's stupid. Otherwise I may get a shipment that should be to the house and I have to go to the PO and listen to MS. PERSONALITY lecture me again. The feds need reeducation camps for some of their employees, methinks.

Brutus Out

Midway kinda lost me as a customer...last time I needed a few smaller, hard to find locally items & they have a 'surcharge' if the order is less than $20 or $25. That is incredibly asinine...Imagine Safeway hitting you $3.99 extra becuase you only went in for Milk...I'm not lining Harry Potterfields pockets anymore.

I still get most of my stuff through Midway or Amazon. Surprisingly a lot of things are cheaper on Midway, even with shipping. All of my orders are on my doorstep 6 or 7 days from completing the order. To me that is perfectly fine. If for some reason I need (want) it faster I'll try Amazon or pay more in a store.

I suppose living 5 years on the Big Island of Hawaii gave me a lot of perspective on shipping. Most "free shipping" websites didn't apply, and many companies just flat out wouldn't ship there. If they did, there is no such thing as UPS ground (until they get amphibious delivery trucks) so many times you're stuck paying 2nd day air. I also had the same post office problem. Where I was was so rural that delivery didn't happen and you were forced to get a PO Box (but it was free). Only peoblem with that is that there was a waiting list and it took 6 months to get one. In the interim all mail had to be sent to General Delivery and we had to go to the mail counter to get it. In related news, if anybody wants to buy a house 4 miles from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park please pm me ;)

Add to that that there was only 1 gun store on the island and a Sports Authority, well moving back here I was a kid in a candy store. And don't get me started on Hawaii's gun laws. Much is said about CA, NY, and MA, etc., but Hawaii has some of the worst and very seldom is mentioned.

Sorry for the mini-hijack, but it's definitely all about perspective. For me it's more than great but I suppose if you're used to getting something in 3 days, 7 might seem crazy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top