JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Placed an order last night with only one part backed order that was expected today. Called them today to see if they could hold my order til the back ordered part comes in. She then tells me they can't hold any order, and that if I wanted to ship it all together, I would have to cancel my order, wait til the part comes in, and place another order. The bubblegumty part is that, most of the items I bought were on sale that ended yesterday and she said that if I cancelled and reordered I would not get the sale price. Damn, what a way to do business. I'm not a first time buyer, I bought alot of stuff from them in the past and present and they could not even hold my order...That sucks. I think the only good thing they got going is fast shipping.

Midway does have problems, including shipping prices on bulk orders. On the plus side Midway does have a large selection of items i use and are hard to find anywhere else.

M67

I've never had a problem with Midway, shipping can be a bit high, but when I cross check prices from other sites with lower shipping costs I end up paying more. Most recently I ordered a bunch of small parts for my Glock and some reloading stuff. I ordered it at 2200 Tuesday night and it was in my mail when I checked it Friday morning, I paid regular shipping and expected it the following week.

I've done some business with Midway. Sometimes they are cheaper, sometimes not. I will say that if you see something in your sale flier that you want order it right away. They occaisonally have some hot deals, but they tend to run thru the inventory quick. As far as not giving you the sale price if you cancel your order and then re-order after the sale is over I don't know of anyone else (of the big guys at least) who will do that either. Part of the problem is that these sales systems are so automated with these big companies that any exceptions to pricing require manual override of the computer generated invoicing which ends up being a pain for them.

the aggravation . i have also tried to do a combine shipping order to save the cost of shipping individual parts so i wait for a part to come in and just as it does one of the others that i wanted that was in stock goes out of stock .

I like Midway USA and order from them often. I think they should charge less for shipping and/or offer free shipping. They should carry more inventory as many of their items are often out of stock . They shouldn't run sales on items that are out of stock or run out fast. I don't like how they charge you for shipping on back orders. Brownell's does a better job for back orders.

I've used Midway a few times because they had what I wanted, not necessarily because the total price was the best (bird in the hand sort of thing). Yes - their shipping seems high.

I wish shipping was free if I'm making a $700 order they can't afford to throw in $20.50 worth of shipping there is something wrong and I would also like rainchecks for out of stock items other than that I like midway and will continue to do business with them

I grew up next to the owners, went to school with one of their sons, just about the friendliest people you could ever hope to meet. I think if they could get better shipping prices on the short notice shipping they do they would pass it along, but if every time you order you fill out the questionare, and say shipping is high, Larry will look into it!

Really "Free Shipping" isn't not free. You pay for it one way or another. Personally, I'll pay the shipping on sale items and still feel like I'm getting a decent value. Just have to look at the total price.

However, there are times that, depending on the commodity(s) there may only be seventy dollars and even less in profit, which gets eaten up in business costs, and now you have to cull out another twenty bucks in shipping.

I know that in the age of on-line shopping people are serious about getting the cheapest deal they can. No shame in that, but one has to consider all that goes with running a business... Taxes, employee costs, even shipping materials, utilities, etc. etc.

I don't mind paying for shipping. I just wish the shipping prices were reasonable from Midway. Unless they are paying all of their shipping dept. employees $100k a year it doesn't cost nearly as much as they charge.
We ship quite a few items every day to customers. We add $3-4 to the actual cost of the shipping to help pay that person's wages and the customers understand that.
I've started shopping at other places now that their shipping prices have gotten to rediculous levels.

Here's an example of a small range bag and a rifle case ($125 total, maybe about 8 pounds of product)

In Stock ShippingMethod Price Est. Arrival
UPS Ground $32.12 05/11/12
USPS Parcel Post $43.08 05/14/12
USPS Priority Mail $105.60 05/08/12
UPS 2nd Day Air $247.73 05/07/12
UPS Next Day Air Saver $353.70 05/08/12
UPS Next Day Air $368.17 05/07/12

I buy from midway primarily, I don't want to waste $30 in fuel and 4 hours of my time buying the parts locally to save a whole 10 bucks, usually far less. If I had a car that didn't get 40 MPG I would easily spend nearly triple that to take my pickup. This of course applies to special trips. If I go to the big stores I have a minimum of just a 3 hour drive both ways and I DON'T live in the middle of nowhere. Plus, since no big or small store in my area, this includes Cabelas, Black Sheep, White Elephant and Wholesale Sports, ever have what I want.

I bought a bunch of magazines and other stuff last month and the shipping was $8.

I purchased a case of blackhills match .308 ammo from them a couple of years ago, everything went well, except, within 2 weeks of my purchase, the credit card number i gave them started getting online gambling charges on it. The card had only been used once in the previous 6 months, the most likely suspect of the fraud was Midway. I immediately sent them an email, explaining what had happened and asked them to check there ordering department for fraudulent activity, or perhaps a bad employee, I never heard back from them, and after some due diligence with my credit card company I got the charges dropped and had the card cancelled. Not really sure it was Midways fault, but was kinda disappointed that they didn't bother to return my email, as i had just spent quite a bit of money there.

I think some sellers make a good part of their profit on shipping. That's OK with me if that's their business model, as long as my total cost is good. Sometimes it's OK if they have something I really need and can't find anywhere else.

I do know they are making a lot of money on shipping. I'm sure of it. I collect Schwinn bikes and I just had a 1959 Schwinn Jaguar shipped from Florida to Oregon for $75, and volume shippers get a discount from UPS and Fed Ex. This was just a private party thing. The bike was in an over sized box (partly disassembled to make it somewhat smaller) and pretty darned heavy although I didn't weigh it.

On the other hand I paid Midway $27 to ship a box that was about 10" square and weighed less than 10 pounds. They aren't kidding me any.

I think what the OP is complaining about is not about high shipping cost, but about Midways unwillingness to hold a shipment until a BO part arrives. It has rubbed me raw more than a dozen times. I have been very vocal to customer reps and thru feedback requests. I once was told MO law does not allow merchants to hold shipments, a lame excuse IMHO. If true I am sure they can find a workaround if they really wanted. Bottom line, I buy half or less of what'd be buying from them. My loss of business does not seem to be hurting them at all since most of everything I want is always BO. They won't even consider try changing their ways until the supply-demand dynamics revert.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top