JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I consistently am impressed that Midway USA has what I'm looking for at a good price, and ship it very quickly. I've been buying a lot of general maintenance stuff lately, and a few odd gun parts, and I keep finding good pricing and stock at Midway USA. They also consistently ship within about 12-24 hours of ordering. Just had to say that; been buying stuff from them for years but they seem to be going above and beyond when most other companies are slipping.

I buy a lot from Midwayusa and mostly happy with what I buy. Shipping is always on time but they don't always package things right. Last order was crushed and packaged so badly you couldn't return it if you wanted to. Fortunately what was in the package was ok. o_O

Plus 1 for Midway
I['ve been shopping with them for about 30 years now from phone orders (When they had free shipping on everything) to internet orders.
I always look at Midway first when I'm looking for anything gun-related.

In the past I have ordered quite a few needed items from them, despite HIS sordid past. I never did "round-up" any of my orders so that Larry and the Mrs. could get that "good boy" pat, pat, pat on the head from Wayne for presenting the NRA the monies that his customers donated, not him.
Remember when 'Ol Larry bought Reinhardt Fajen's gunstock company? How did that endeavor work out? Bobby Chambers left that company and started Wenig Gunstock, continuing on with the very fine stock making efforts that Mr. Fajen provided for years, because it became very difficult to work with the **NEW** owner. All the skilled craftsmen went with Fajen's chief stockmaker and they have a very successful business. Larry is not in the gunstock business any longer, but only sells some of the replica buttplates that were in the previous Fajen inventory on ebay.
A very adept and knowledgeable "gunsmith" was lured away from Brownell's to join up with Larry. That gunsmiths brain was drained of all he knew and then after a couple or three years, when Larry was educated to his liking, that gunsmith was let go. I would provide that 'smiths name, but I don't have permission to do so, but he did write the gunsmithing column for a major "slick page" magazine for several years after his departure from Midway USA. He was/is a damn good resource whom I called a few times when I had questions about a product that Brownell's had in stock and whether it might work for an application I had in mind.
Anyone here remember the "lawsuit" involving Larry's intention of copying how Brownell's catalog was designed? I sure do. Brownell's won that lawsuit.
Yup, I get flyers from Midway USA, but it seems to me that all the products offered didn't sell very well in the first place. I received a needed replacement part not too long ago that was mismarked and NOT the part I needed, it didn't cost a lot, but I still sent it back. Took around three weeks but I got an email from Mrs. Larry about what I wanted them to do. DUH! I want the part that was depicted on your web page, not the one you sent. Never did get the replacement. I may be a slow, deliberate learner, but I've learned that others do indeed provide much better customer service and some will even provide a paltry dealer discount. I don't miss Midway USA in the slightest.
This is not sour-grapes on my part, it just involves some of the shenanigans that have gone on that I'm aware of, and have no intention of supporting. Your intentions may vary, and I wish upon you all the luck in the world in your dealings with that outfit.

I have purchased a lot of different reloading and various other shooting items from Midway USA over the years. I usually order bullets from them when they have free shipping. Due to weight involved with bullets, I figured I saved a lot on shipping over the years. Last year one of the shipments was lost by UPS. I contacted Midway USA and they gave me a credit on my card. About two months later the shipment showed up at my doorstep, so I again contacted Midway USA and informed them that I had finally received my shipment. They promptly charged my credit card card for the full amount of the original purchase. I mistakenly thought they would give me some kind of credit for 1)being honest and 2)being put out a couple months, but no. I will continue to order bullets from them, but only if I can get free shipping.

I have purchased a lot of different reloading and various other shooting items from Midway USA over the years. I usually order bullets from them when they have free shipping. Due to weight involved with bullets, I figured I saved a lot on shipping over the years. Last year one of the shipments was lost by UPS. I contacted Midway USA and they gave me a credit on my card. About two months later the shipment showed up at my doorstep, so I again contacted Midway USA and informed them that I had finally received my shipment. They promptly charged my credit card card for the full amount of the original purchase. I mistakenly thought they would give me some kind of credit for 1)being honest and 2)being put out a couple months, but no. I will continue to order bullets from them, but only if I can get free shipping.
Well, that would have been a very good gesture on their part had they at least offered you something like, even a credit on your next order.

I agree and I was really surprised, because I am a long time (30 plus years) customer.
So, UPS lost your original order, Midway immediately refunded what you paid. Two months later, what you originally ordered shows up, and Midway charges your card for exactly what you agreed to pay for the products you received. I don't understand what you were expecting? You got exactly what you bargained for, just delayed through no fault of Midway, yet somehow they owe you something? :rolleyes:

I like them, I really do but it's the little things that have stopped me from buying. First, the constant begging for a "round up" that you have to opt out of, not into. I give enough to NRA already. Second, their packaging screams "GUN STUFF!!!" and is readable across the street. Don't need that left on my step. So primary arms and RTB get most of my business now because they do neither of those things

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top