Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Midway 55 gr Dogtown

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by pacific keeper, Jan 26, 2012.

1. pacific keeper

pacific keeper North Coast New Member

Appear to resemble 55 gr TNT's . 1.1" 20 round group @ 125 yards 25.6 gr's of benchmark . Colt 16" HBAR 1/9. Didn't shoot across the chrony yet . Crappy bench @ dusk ,so I'm pretty satisfied .

2. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

From that barrel I'd predict somewhere between 2900 and 3000 fps. They're good bullets. Play with the load somewhat. I've found that sometimes a load that's just enough to cycle the bolt on my AR's is more accurate than "Combat Loads".

3. pacific keeper

I'm looking for varmint fodder . How low can I go ? This is my first mouse gun venture and I am truly astounded at how well these rifles perform .
    I'm not getting rid of my 700's and 7's though .....

4. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Realistically, as long as the gun continues cycling, with a 55gr, the low end is probably going to be about 2500FPS in order to maintain good gas port pressure. Realistically, it sounds like you have a pretty good load right there, once you shoot it over the chrony, if the SD is less than 15FPS, I wouldn't change a damn thing.

5. pacific keeper

Changed the rear bag to one that actually supported the stock and shrunk 20 round groups to 7.3 . Now if they shoot in the 20" Armalite ..... Good info on the low loads . Thanks !