JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pistachio Roca...

DSCN0584.jpg

DSCN0585.jpg

YUM!:s0001: You guys even talk about food--sweet! Alright, my .02--you really ought to be fair and post recipes if you're gonna post pictures like that. Might make up for all the drool I have to mop up later. ;) It's like I can almost taste it...

YUM!:s0001: You guys even talk about food--sweet! Alright, my .02--you really ought to be fair and post recipes if you're gonna post pictures like that. Might make up for all the drool I have to mop up later. ;) It's like I can almost taste it...

Here you go, post some picks if you make it!

2 sticks butter
1 c. sugar
1 tbsp. Corn syrup
1/4 c. water
3/4 cup Slivered almonds or whatever nuts you have handy
1/2 bag or more Chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla before pouring into pan

Mix to a low boil over medium heat stir constantly with a wooden spoon (plastic will melt). Once boiling turn up to med/hi. Stir in 2/3 of Almonds, keep stir for approx 10 mins this part is tough as you have to watch that you don't burn it but you need to take it just to the point where it starts to puff smoke. Pour into greased bowl and then put chocolate chips on top of the Roca. Smooth out chips when melted. You can put the remaining almonds on top. The secret is to be vigilant about constantly stirring, I find a metal whisk is best.

Sometimes it will separate and not "Gel" so to speak, the ambient humidity can play games with it. If that happens use it anyway and it will still be great as it will be a little softer but equally enjoyable.

Trlsmn you're the sweetest.... thank you!

I made them and they're still cooling--but from the piece I stole they are sooooo good and buttery!! Since they were too gooey yet to break up, I'm posting these pics instead... us happy and impatient gals. My little kitchen helper is your newest little friend. She says, "Trailsman my frien' who gived us the yummy treats!"

Thanks again--you're awesome!

Trlsmn you're the sweetest.... thank you!

I made them and they're still cooling--but from the piece I stole they are sooooo good and buttery!! Since they were too gooey yet to break up, I'm posting these pics instead... us happy and impatient gals. My little kitchen helper is your newest little friend. She says, "Trailsman my frien' who gived us the yummy treats!"

Thanks again--you're awesome!

Well tell her she did a good job! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews