JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's another question to consider... My aunt and mother are looking at replacements for their '98 Astro and '07 Trailblazer respectively, and Question 1 from the Evil Old Crab when I started to mention you guys' discussion was "but do I have to step up into it? I don't wanna have to deal with anything I can't just plop my couch-potato butt into."

There are days when I wonder how she waddles her lazy whiner rear to her desk... I may be chunky, but I still do a ten-minute mile every day while her idea of the Bataan Death March is "from handicapped parking space to scooter parked just inside the door."

Would PM for the spreadsheet, but my inbox is unusable. :( Thinking about starting my own, in which case I'll post a link to it on my Dropbox.

We are doing the same thing! Selling our 09 Expedition as soon as it is fixed, cam phasers, timing chain, etc... and decided to buy an older Toyota Land Cruiser. Man, talk about expensive machines...

Here's another question to consider... My aunt and mother are looking at replacements for their '98 Astro and '07 Trailblazer respectively, and Question 1 from the Evil Old Crab when I started to mention you guys' discussion was "but do I have to step up into it? I don't wanna have to deal with anything I can't just plop my couch-potato butt into."

There are days when I wonder how she waddles her lazy whiner rear to her desk... I may be chunky, but I still do a ten-minute mile every day while her idea of the Bataan Death March is "from handicapped parking space to scooter parked just inside the door."

Would PM for the spreadsheet, but my inbox is unusable. :( Thinking about starting my own, in which case I'll post a link to it on my Dropbox.

I don't mind giving it to you. email me at

[email protected]

and I'll send it along.

With respects to the question, most of them require no stepping up to get into them.

Where we landed after checking out over 15 different vehicles:

070416%20Cindys%20car_zpsjmyhxu2r.jpg

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring with all the options. Mazda was offering up some decent incentives for the holiday plus the dealer was starting their prior year model blowout sale so we did pretty well. It scored the highest in what I call "User Factors" for comfort, driveability, cargo and passenger room, safety features and tech options out of all the vehicles we inspected and test drove.

One thing we will add is remote start. Mazda's system is super high priced so I'll get it done elsewhere for a lot less.

Where we landed after checking out over 15 different vehicles:

View attachment 300699

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring with all the options. Mazda was offering up some decent incentives for the holiday plus the dealer was starting their prior year model blowout sale so we did pretty well. It scored the highest in what I call "User Factors" for comfort, driveability, cargo and passenger room, safety features and tech options out of all the vehicles we inspected and test drove.

One thing we will add is remote start. Mazda's system is super high priced so I'll get it done elsewhere for a lot less.
id go factory remote start. just sayin

We put an aftermarket unit on her previous vehicle 8 years ago and had no issues the whole time we had it. I think what matters here is the type, quality and maker of the kit, in addition to cost.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top