JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haven't shot a micro draco yet, but it's worth noting that 7.62x39 is an excellent cartridge for short barrels. I got rid of all my 7.62 AK rifles because I like 5.45 better, but if I were to get an AK pistol it would definitely be in 7.62

So the micro has a 6" barrel and the mini has a 7.75"

Maybe the mini might be a little better choice.

Only a 2" overall length vs the two.

View attachment 507912

The micro with this rail and a high power green laser would be a great little combo.

View attachment 507913

Apparently this is an older model that they no longer make.

The second one is on a ,milled receiver .

The second one is on a ,milled receiver .
Ya, I looked into it. Looks like century arms produced a mini Draco on their C39 receiver. Originally I though it might have been a special run with that little top rail, looks like a completely different pistol.

I have trust issues with Century Arms built guns and trunnions.

Ya, I looked into it. Looks like century arms produced a mini Draco on their C39 receiver. Originally I though it might have been a special run with that little top rail, looks like a completely different pistol.

I have trust issues with Century Arms built guns and trunnions.

The century's built with surplus parts kits can be good. And the milled ones should be ok ,they don't have a trunnion.

I hear IO I think poor quality, is that what you are saying!

Yes . The company that makes the hellpup is the same company that made all the polish sporters that were imported mostly by IO .They looked good but. The one I had fell apart with in 100 rds .and had a list of problems that would not be expected of a european AK.

Good to know. I'll see how these do then before jumping in.

Hard to pass at that price though. Last time I bought at that price was my Zastava and it has already appreciated in value.

Had my Romainian Micro for about three years now and love it. Put on a quad rail so I could mount a red dot as the buis sights were useless.

A great conversation starter and just about anyone that shoots it loves it. Major fireball spitter and loud but in a good way.

Last Edited:
I've been looking into these for a while now. I love them all but have a soft spot for AK's.

I was on a business trip and the guy I shared a suite with luckily happened to be a gun guy and brought his arm braced micro draco. At the range nobody wanted to shoot next to us lol. I have a video where a chick literally stopped a few rounds into a mag because she couldn't stand the concussion/blast/flame lol. I didn't think it practical what so ever at the time but we did run it hard and it had zero issues so thought it was a cool toy.

Fast forward and I've realized after personal experiences and seeing possible experiences that could happen at a moments notice, not to mention have the wife and kids to protect, a pdw weapon would be great to have. As the old adage goes, never bring a knife to a gunfight, and bring a rifle, and a buddy, who also has a rifle lol. The point is, I have been in situations where any firearm would have been of use, but again why underestimate when you can just as easily overestimate?

My idea is to throw some sort of folding brace on it and a mini red dot and toss it in basically any backpack. A plate carrier with some soft armor and a few extra mags would take up much more room either. hmmmmmm

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top