JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking at purchasing a small 380 and have settled on a few options. The two main contenders being the Micro Desert Eagle and the Ruger LCP. Of course the Kel Tec P3AT is in there too. Any info, pro or con, on the Micro Desert Eagle would be appreciated. I have read a lot about the Ruger and Kel Tec but not so much about the Micro.

Why not a sig p238 or a kahr p380? But if its between those two you have listed, I've heard the micro deagle jams and shoots off a lot, if its not maintained. The ruger lcp on the other hand is stone cold and a great shot.

Why not a sig p238 or a kahr p380? But if its between those two you have listed, I've heard the micro deagle jams and shoots off a lot, if its not maintained. The ruger lcp on the other hand is stone cold and a great shot.

The main reason for not going with either of the ones you mention is the price. I was leaning towards the ruger for this reason but thought the Micro DE might be a little better due to the use of more metal in the production. The Sig and Kahr are nearly twice the price of the Ruger. Nice guns but out of my budget for right now. Thank you for the info on the DE.

Thanks for the help spider. Now you have me considering saving my pennies little longer for a P238.

Anyone else want to chime in about the Micro DE?

I carried an LCP daily for 2 years. No problems whatsoever. Surprising accuracy also from the little bugger.

The only reason I don't carry it now is because I carry a Kahr P380. (I still have my LCP gathering dust)

I have played around with the Micro-Eagle a lot and just think it is too heavy for front pocket carry.

The Kahr PM45 even seems lighter.

My distributor asked if I wanted a Micro-Eagle to sell and I turned him down. They are quite a bit more expensive. (I thought they were $150-$200 more than the LCP)

If I had to choose, I would pick the LCP.

Thanks for the help spider. Now you have me considering saving my pennies little longer for a P238.

Anyone else want to chime in about the Micro DE?

Honestly I would save the extra $100 and go with the P238 or just get a Ruger LCP. I prefer to stick with a gun that has lock up or go with a proven blowback pistol that has phenomenal customer support.

I put a Crimson Trace laser on mine.... After trying it out, I feel confident about hitting
any close range target even in the dark!(Target confirmed as threat first of course).
Just thought I'd mention it in case you want to save to two different piggy banks:)

I parted with my first Keltec P3AT and looked for an a better pocket gun for two years I then purchased another one because I could not find a better option for a pocket gun. just my 2 cents

I parted with my first Keltec P3AT and looked for an a better pocket gun for two years I then purchased another one because I could not find a better option for a pocket gun. just my 2 cents

My only complaint with the keltecs is the trigger pull seems kinda long and weighted. Any ideas how to relieve that a little? is there a lighter trigger pull I can put in?

But yes, the keltecs can't be beat for stashing in your pocket.

I currently own a micro desert eagle and shot a lcp numerous of time... The MDE build and quality is superior to the lcp in every way. A lcp feels like a cheap toy compare to the desert eagle. I shoot the MDE as good as I shot my Hk p30 and sig 226! If you want a real gun feel and accuracy then you can't go wrong with the MDE :) I have shot many different rounds through it including umc, federal, magtech and currently using hornady critical defense for protection and is flawless. Again this is first hand experience with both guns :)