JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just saw the movie 'The Dirt" on Netflix. It's a movie about the story of Motley Crue. I HIGHLY suggest seeing it. One of the best movies I've seen in years. So I have been on a Motley Crue kick lately and I was watching a documentary and they where interviewing Mick Mars while he was doing one of his hobbies.
So I'm just gonna leave this right here.

IMG-4227.jpg

I was in my 30's during the time. Personal experience of the drugs, no. Partying, hell yes. MC was after my days.
The memories I have are those of friends, consumed. Wives, the children of, families, and friends.
During my rocking out days, I experimented. I played in a few bands, and partied with Kurt Cobain in his earlier grunge days.
When I witnessed where the "partying" was headed, I stepped back from all of it, cut the strings on my fiddles, and moved on.

I regret to say, I lost a lot of friends to drugs.
So yes, memories. I laugh because that's how i cope with it all.

Some choose the wrong direction in life

I went to Boot Camp in San Diego in `88 and one of my buddies was a wannabe rocker from Mission Viejo. He said he would go to the Whiskey A Go Go and watch the upcoming metal bands. He claims he saw Motley Crue and talked with Mick Mars. Said he was the only sane one.

Watched the show on Netflix last night and it brought back a ton of memories from those times. I think my buddy was absolutely correct in his assesment...

That was a good movie, was hard to watch on an airplane though haha. I wonder if he still reloads, his body is rough. Last Crue concert I went to was in 2015 or so, after the show there was video of Tommy, Vince and Nikki back stage and if you looked closely there were two guys carrying Mick. That's a tough SOB

I played guitar for a lot of years, gigging during the late 80's and 90's mostly. Played hard rock, hard core, metal, whatever you want to call it, loud and thrashy. Then went grunge, louder, heavier, more of a cadence, sometimes more melodic. Definitely more into the NW sound than the southern Cal metal/hair bands.

Crue was the epitome of skank, hair, poser metal, I hated everything they stood for or didn't. The Axle Rose/Vince Neal chest pumping was hilarious, G&R was another skank band IMO. I like Slash and Mars guitar work but the front men killed the bands for me, plus they were poser rock. I was more into underground working bands with attitudes, hard rockers who didn't care about image.

20 years later, I don't turn off a Crue or G&R song anymore, my 10 yo boy is into Rock, I let him make up his own mind who he likes or doesn't. I can listen to it now w/out the hard core prejudice I used to carry around and appreciate it for what it is, nostalgic.

I started watching Dirt the other night, got about 1/2 hour into it and switched to something else. A friend told me I should watch it, heck I lived that life for a while but still think those guys are douche bags and would have punched Vince in the face at a party just for fun and then tipped one w/Mick, he actually seems pretty cool.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top