JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tee text by the mother to her son saying 'Don't do it' is odd as well.

Did she discover the gun missing and just 'assumed' he had it - but texted him to late?

If 'don't do it' meant don't do what you are thinking then she must have had some indications he might be considering a shooting.
Agree. It could be continuation of stuff kid had hinted at or takes about with his Mom, or Mom saw gun was missing, or could even be his Mom knew it from his behavior in the meeting she attended with him 3 hours before the shooting.

If 'don't do it' meant don't do what you are thinking then she must have had some indications he might be considering a shooting.
I was thinking that came when mom and dad got home and looked to see if the gun was still in it's place. It wasn't and that message went to the boy.

Just F'ing crazy that they didn't take the boy home with them at that point. Boy-howdy, how fricken brain dead can parents be?

Agree. It could be continuation of stuff kid had hinted at or takes about with his Mom, or Mom saw gun was missing, or could even be his Mom knew it from his behavior in the meeting she attended with him 3 hours before the shooting.
And if this in in fact the case it kinda negats the gun being 'locked'.

Also reading 'between the lines' when the Attorney says it was 'locked' she does not indicate how it was locked such as in a safe, a trigger/cable device etc. just that it was 'locked', but my point is that in itself does not make it sound very believable when she simply says 'locked' with no further information.

Last Edited:
And if this in in fact the case it kinda negats the gun being 'locked'.

Also reading 'between the lines' when the Attorney says it was 'locked' she does not indicate how it was locked such as in a safe, a trigger/cable device etc. just that it was 'locked', but my point is that in itself does not make it sound very believable when she simply says 'locked' with no further information.
Just an attorney trying to create reasonable doubt imo, maybe they "locked" the door to their house when they left ha ha.

Just an attorney trying to create reasonable doubt imo, maybe they "locked" the door to their house when they left ha ha.
Exactly!

Kind of like when the attorney publicly stated about how they 'weren't on the run ' and were planning on 'turning themselves in' - it looked like she was about to pizz her pants when she said it as it was obvious it was BS.

F14FF27E-7091-4669-8518-A8EC2043D3F8.jpeg

Details not looking good for the parents. They pulled $4000 cash from an ATM and were hiding a half mile from the Canadian border. Looks like they were trying to cross the border illegally. Now the judge is saying they have to put up $500k bond IN FULL each for bail. Unlikely.

Looks like Papa Crumbley was a real winner. Three baby mommas, multiple children in multiple states, and he was ducking child support.

Yeah, She's probably a real sweetie, a dream girl! A real peach. No possible axes to grind? "Exes" to grind?
:s0114:

When the articles like those start coming out it's time to be real choosy in what you read. Some of that feces may rub off on you.

It's almost time for the howling: "We need stronger background checks" "More common sense gun law's are needed", etc.

Details not looking good for the parents. They pulled $4000 cash from an ATM and were hiding a half mile from the Canadian border. Looks like they were trying to cross the border illegally. Now the judge is saying they have to put up $500k bond IN FULL each for bail. Unlikely.

But at least they'll all be together for Christmas this year.

Yeah, She's probably a real sweetie, a dream girl! A real peach. No possible axes to grind? "Exes" to grind?
:s0114:

When the articles like those start coming out it's time to be real choosy in what you read. Some of that feces may rub off on you.

It's almost time for the howling: "We need stronger background checks" "More common sense gun law's are needed", etc.
You know a lot of quality dads who have three kids with three different women?

You know a lot of quality dads who have three kids with three different women?
I just try to not pre judge people too much in the beginning of something like this. I have my inklings. But pegging people as trash because of such things as a picture taken in less than favorable circumstances is too close to things like being judged as would be killer because of an "Arsenal" and 1000 rounds of ammo.

I wonder how many parents that GIFT (LEGAL gifts according to their state laws and the ATF.) their NORMAL children of all ages firearms and keep them safely stored - locked up will now NO longer gift or take away their former LEGAL gifts until their child is 21 years old?

Cate
Personally, and only speaking for myself, I will continue to gift firearms to my grandchildren. These firearms are kept under the parent's control at all times. (Until they matriculate.)

I gave my 14yr old grandson my .308 hunting rifle because he is interested in deer hunting.

My Glock 34 is earmarked for my grand-daughter, now 12, when she is either 14 or 16 (I haven't decided.) She loves to shoot the .45 that I gave her dad!!!

Crumbley attorney says gun used in school shooting was 'locked'
If it was a cable lock, they are merely an annoyance, a hesitation. Reason why OR new "Safe Storage Act" is so lame. They are actually saying that a great number of suicides will be prevented by a cable lock. :rolleyes:

Agree. They need to look at warning signs and see if it is a real threat or just life. Knee jerk reactions by the school are not what is needed. But isolating the kid and investigating is what's needed imo. Seems like this school didn't even try to see the obvious warning signs all around and also ignored the warning signs right in front of them.
Immediate session with school or contract psychiatrist upon finding that drawing. Complete with investigation of social media, home life, etc.

Just F'ing crazy that they didn't take the boy home with them at that point. Boy-howdy, how fricken brain dead can parents be?
Uhhhhhhmmmmm, they didn't want to take time off work???

Last Edited:
Uhhhhhhmmmmm, they didn't want to take time off work???
🤷
I looked up "deny reality", and came up with "Denialism". The reality was the kid was on the edge.

If I were to guess, I'd say these "parents" are going through something worse than they could have imagined, ever. What's going through their heads now must be worse than one of them dying in a horrible car crash for instance. Any thing you could imagine happening. I don't know, or can even imagine, what the human psyche goes through in a situation like this. Who would ever think their child would go to this place?

I sure would have liked to hear them plead guilty for a change. The whole GD world knows they directly led their addle brained kid to do what he did. Involuntary manslaughter seems like a pretty light charge for their part of this.

Let's be honest, much like the Kyle Rittenhouse case, nothing that is being portrayed as "facts" by any side of the media is actually 100% certain and verified.

Speculation and condemnation based off of personal interpretations and inferences is "guilty until proven innocent" thinking, which is detrimental no matter which side of the political aisle you are on.

Let real investigations happen, let a fair trial be held, let the truth be brought to light, and then respect the verdict. As much as I would agree with a lot of what is being said here, I also think that it is useless to commit myself to any judgment; otherwise we just contribute to the sensationalist "court of public opinion" that most of us took issue with during the Kyle Rittenhouse trial.

I already listened to that. It was posted above. Don't need someone telling my what is going on in his opinion. I refuse to watch most MSM for that very reason.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top