JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, here is some more information and I APPRECIATE and thank some of you for the video links which I have not seen yet.

I had the boob tube and my computer off almost all of the late afternoon/evening on Friday.

QUOTE:

"The prosecutor revealed that James, who - like his wife - had a prior criminal history, bought the murder weapon from a retailer with his son there on November 26. He stored the 9mm handgun in an unlocked drawer in his bedroom, McDonald said."

US Marshals offer $10K reward for fugitive parents of Michigan shooter Ethan Crumbley, 15, after they withdrew $4,000 from ATM and fled manslaughter charges: Lawyer claims they are 'returning'

• A fugitive warrant has been issued for James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of Michigan school shooter
  • Marshals place $10,000 bounty for tips leading to their arrest: Contact the US Marshals at 313-202-6458
  • Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald filed involuntary manslaughter charges against them Friday
  • They each face a maximum of up to 15 years in prison if convicted and are being sought by law enforcement
  • Their attorney insists they are not on the run and plan to return to the area to face charges
  • But police have issued a BOLO alert and say that no voluntary surrender has been arranged
  • In Michigan, involuntary manslaughter charge refers to contributing to a situation where death is likely
  • James Crumbley purchased the handgun police say his son, Ethan Crumbley, 15, used to kill four on Tuesday
  • Social media posts indicate the 9mm Sig Sauer was a Christmas gift from the parents to the teen
  • Days before shooting, Jennifer warned son 'learn not to get caught' after he researched gun ammo at school
  • She also posted a photo of the gun to social media: 'Mom & son day testing out his new Xmas present'
  • Ethan was charged as an adult with two dozen crimes, including murder, attempted murder and terrorism
  • Shooting at Oxford High School near Detroit killed four students and wounded seven others

The Crumbleys are believed to be driving a black 2021 Kia Seltos SUV with the Michigan license plate number
DQG 5203.
If you see the car or them — call the Oakland County Sheriff's Office at 248-858-4911. pic.twitter.com/VKLtspc5tu

— Brian Entin (@BrianEntin) December 3, 2021

The police GOT THE PARENTS!

Parents of Michigan shooting suspect nabbed in Detroit after frantic search: LIVE UPDATES

The parents of the Michigan high school shooting suspect were taken into custody early Saturday morning following a manhunt for James and Jennifer Crumbley. They both face involuntary manslaughter charges.

Cate

I wonder how many parents that GIFT (LEGAL gifts according to their state laws and the ATF.) their NORMAL children of all ages firearms and keep them safely stored - locked up will now NO longer gift or take away their former LEGAL gifts until their child is 21 years old?

Cate

I wonder how many parents that GIFT (LEGAL gifts according to their state laws and the ATF.) their NORMAL children of all ages firearms and keep them safely stored - locked up will now NO longer gift or take away their former LEGAL gifts until their child is 21 years old?

Cate
On the flip side, I wonder how many 15, 16, 17, 18yr old kids will be sent home from school and monitored because he/she was looking up ammo prices on the internet?
And the message perp left on his school desk the morning of the shooting?"I can't control my thoughts" "I'm lost" "someone help" drawings of a handgun, laughing emojis, blood drops..............R u fn kidding me?? How n theee hell did the school leave the option up to the parents to leave him in school that day????
I believe this local school jurisdiction has some more explaning to do and should be held as much accountable as the parents.

On the flip side, I wonder how many 15, 16, 17, 18yr old kids will be sent home from school and monitored because he/she was looking up ammo prices on the internet?
And the message perp left on his school desk the morning of the shooting?"I can't control my thoughts" "I'm lost" "someone help" drawings of a handgun, laughing emojis, blood drops..............R u fn kidding me?? How n theee hell did the school leave the option up to the parents to leave him in school that day????
I believe this local school jurisdiction has some more explaning to do and should be held as much accountable as the parents.
The school and the police have some explaining to do because they were TOLD - warned that something was going to GO DOWN.

Immediately, it was a Cover Your @@@ story as I heard LIVE on the boob tube that very day and all over.

LE said not to believe all of the stories about the warnings but some adults and their own children said that they were WARNED. They personally made calls.

That is why some parents ALLOWED their own children to stay home due to the FEAR of the murderer and what he said and wrote. Those kids were not officially sick with a cold in their reason for wanting and choosing to stay home.

The parents need to be held accountable big time and the murderer should get the death penalty as I previously stated.

I would NOT want any person including an ADULT to get into trouble for looking up ammo prices online so maybe CHILDREN or TEENS of all ages should ONLY look at ammo prices at home. And those young people don't BUY ammo - their parents BUY IT and different laws apply to the ammo buying issue in various states.

Cate

Holy moly!

The parents and lawyer say that the gun was 'locked'.

More new news here.

Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do!

Updates:

59 min(s) ago

Crumbley attorney says gun used in school shooting was 'locked'

Mariell Lehman, attorney for James and Jennifer Crumbley, on Saturday said the gun used in the Oxford High School shooting earlier this week was "locked" during the Crumbleys' arraignment hearing in an Oakland County court.
"That gun was actually locked, so when the prosecution is stating that this child had free access to a gun, that is...absolutely not true," Lehman said.

More:

Michigan shooting suspect parents plead not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges: LIVE UPDATES

Jennifer and James Crumbley, the parents of the Michigan high school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley, made their first court appearance in an Oakland County court in Michigan on Saturday morning.

Not guilty?!

My aching @@@!

The parents are responsible in my opinion for this, the school and the police are not innocent bystanders too.

The KID - young man is totally guilty of MURDER since he did this with full intentions.

So was there a CHEAPO handgun trigger LOCK on that handgun and the MURDERER CUT IT OFF OR DID HE HAVE THE KEY OR COMBINATION FOR IT?

Cate

So was there a CHEAPO handgun trigger LOCK on that handgun and the MURDERER CUT IT OFF OR DID HE HAVE THE KEY OR COMBINATION FOR IT?

Looking at this from an emotionless perspective, I would hope that putting a lock on the gun would go a long way to defeating these charges because the fact is, there is no lock or safe that is within the financial capabilities of the vast majority of people that can exclude a person determined on defeating the lock. Locks are a signal of intent really -- they say "please keep your mitts off this gun" -- but if we require that locks be undefeatable, that will make all gun owners, especially those in jurisdictions with locking requirements, in a very dangerous place. That's something the anti-2A community drools over.

To understand just how worthless locks are, check this guy and his pretty extensive list of defeated gun locking products: https://www.youtube.com/c/lockpickinglawyer/search?query=gun

Like this one. With a fork.

I can't imagine how the school cannot be considered criminally negligent after watching that. Also makes it pretty clear parents are trash. I also cannot fathom how the kids who knew he was going to do something didn't tell someone.
Where's the line drawn? Should the 14 YO that took his first dear and put photos of him and the bleeding, freshly killed dear, on social media be deemed an animal torturer and sadist? There are a lot of people out there that would connect that kind of thing with the next step being murdering humans.
What about creative minds of physically, and mental maturing adolescents, drawing, or speaking about things that could be seen by some people as dangerous?
What do you suppose you would see if you went back in time and looked at the drawing and writings of these people in their formative years?....

It's a slippery slope. We claim to want schools to teach the three "R"s. Will we now trust/want them to decipher our children's psychological well being?
F'ing glad I'm not in school any more. I barely got through it. I hated almost all of it. I looked like that kid some of you are claiming you can see the murderer in his eyes and the look on his face. Never could draw worth a damn. I may have had some drawings that would disturb the snowflakes today Somehow I made it to 66 without being a mass murderer though.
The parents have a huge responsibility in this. But I don't think I'd want a lot of the kinds of teachers we have today deciding weather or not my child is a nut job because of a drawing.

Crumbley_Updated_Mugshot.jpg

Living by the American dream :s0114:

Where's the line drawn? Should the 14 YO that took his first dear and put photos of him and the bleeding, freshly killed dear, on social media be deemed an animal torturer and sadist? There are a lot of people out there that would connect that kind of thing with the next step being murdering humans.
What about creative minds of physically, and mental maturing adolescents, drawing, or speaking about things that could be seen by some people as dangerous?
What do you suppose you would see if you went back in time and looked at the drawing and writings of these people in their formative years?....

It's a slippery slope. We claim to want schools to teach the three "R"s. Will we now trust/want them to decipher our children's psychological well being?
F'ing glad I'm not in school any more. I barely got through it. I hated almost all of it. I looked like that kid some of you are claiming you can see the murderer in his eyes and the look on his face. Never could draw worth a damn. I may have had some drawings that would disturb the snowflakes today Somehow I made it to 66 without being a mass murderer though.

The parents have a huge responsibility in this. But I don't think I'd want a lot of the kinds of teachers we have today deciding weather or not my child is a nut job because of a drawing.
Not just a drawing. Posts on social media indicated he wanted to kill as many people as possible not deer. Drawing was twisted and showed people not deer. Parents appeared to know he was capable
of doing it and immediately checked for the gun when they heard news of the shooting. Kid was a deranged F.

If a kid had a drawing of bomb going off in school I don't think the school counselors should say "that's a nice drawing Timmy, I like your depiction of the bomb located on the gas lines of the school and the blood and guts after it exploded, now run along back to class and take that really heavy backpack with you".

They should damn well do something about it, including checking all his social media, searching his belongings and locker, and get him isolated immediately until they can chase some things down like social media etc.

Difference between a kid with a deer kill and an obviously deranged psycho should be obvious to anyone with common sense. If they don't have the common sense they should find someone who does.

Can't look at one isolated thing by itself (Fe searching for ammo online) which could be totally innocuous. That one thing is a possible warning sign which should make them look for other warning signs. In this case the warning signs were everywhere and if they had dug into it for even 10 seconds to ask questions, 2 min to search his backpack, or 5 min to check his social media they would have found tons of other warning signs. Gross incompetence imo.

Last Edited:

Crumbley attorney says gun used in school shooting was 'locked'

Didn't she also say the parents weren't 'on the run' and were planning on 'turning themselves in'?

Also it was reported (many times) he had 'access' to the gun so when did the 'locked' part suddenly become a reality?

This is going to get interesting when the house is searched and report on what they find, if anything, for a 'lock'.

Last Edited:
Not just a drawing. Posts on social media indicated he wanted to kill as many people as possible not deer. Drawing was twisted and showed people not deer. Kid was a deranged F.

If a kid had a drawing of bomb going off in school I don't think the school counselors should say "that's a nice drawing Timmy, I like your depiction of the bomb located on the gas lines of the school and the blood and guts after it exploded, now run along back to class now and take that really heavy backpack with you".

They should damn well do something about it, including checking all his social media, searching his belongings and locker, and get him out of school immediately.

Difference between a kid with a deer kill and an obviously deranged psycho should be obvious to anyone with common sense. If they don't have the common sense they should find someone who does.
I am NOT SAYING that this kid shouldn't have been pulled from school. That was pretty damned obvious.

I'm just stating the obvious "possible" outcome of allowing schools to decide who is a dangerous child. Who decides where the line is between a kid chewing his pop tart into the shape of a gun and a maniac? And kids showing the fresh killed deer is absolutely triggering some people who believe it's a very short hop from getting food for the table as a sportsman to being a cold blooded killer.

Common sense? Look around potland. Common sense is a totally different thing now than it was 40 years ago.

.If a kid had a drawing of bomb going off in school I don't think the school counselors should say "that's a nice drawing Timmy, I like your depiction of the bomb located on the gas lines of the school and the blood and guts after it exploded, now run along back to class and take that really heavy backpack with you"..
Obama gave clockboy a scholarship and a warm hug..

I am NOT SAYING that this kid shouldn't have been pulled from school. That was pretty damned obvious.

I'm just stating the obvious "possible" outcome of allowing schools to decide who is a dangerous child. Who decides where the line is between a kid chewing his pop tart into the shape of a gun and a maniac? And kids showing the fresh killed deer is absolutely triggering some people who believe it's a very short hop from getting food for the table as a sportsman to being a cold blooded killer.

Common sense? Look around potland. Common sense is a totally different thing now than it was 40 years ago.
Agree. They need to look at warning signs and see if it is a real threat or just life. Knee jerk reactions by the school are not what is needed. But isolating the kid and investigating is what's needed imo. Seems like this school didn't even try to see the obvious warning signs all around and also ignored the warning signs right in front of them.

Tee text by the mother to her son saying 'Don't do it' is odd as well.

Did she discover the gun missing and just 'assumed' he had it - but texted him to late?

If 'don't do it' meant don't do what you are thinking then she must have had some indications he might be considering a shooting.

I'm guessing Papa and Mama Crumbley are wishing they spent $500 on an Xbox instead of a SP2022.

A single Christmas gift is all it took to clip this particular branch of the Crumbley family tree. They'll all be in jail, broke, or both.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top