JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As much as we like to blame the school, what should they have done?? Can't discipline the little bastard without getting sued, can't even send him home with the parents if they won't take him, can't handcuff him and throw him in the dumpster, which would have saved everyone a lot of grief, just WTAF should they do??
This little sh!t and his actions are just another symptom of our failed social policies.

Two day suspension? I mean -- why cant they do this? I don't comprehend.
In Oregon at least:

REGULATIONS

581-021-0065. Suspension.

(1) Students may be suspended when such suspension contains within its procedures the elements of prior notice (OAR 581-021-0075), specification of charges, and an opportunity for the student to present his or her view of the alleged misconduct. The suspending official shall notify the student's parent or guardian of the suspension, the conditions for reinstatement, and appeal procedures, where applicable. These procedures may be postponed in emergency situations relating to health and safety.

(2) Emergency situations shall be limited to those instances where there is a serious risk that substantial harm will occur if suspension does not take place immediately.

(3) School district boards shall provide students suspended under emergency conditions with the rights outlined in section (1) of this rule as soon as the emergency condition has passed.

(4) In all suspensions ordered by the executive officer of the school district or designated representative, the district school board shall have the right of final review if the action is not taken by the school board itself.

(5) School district boards shall limit suspension to a specific maximum number of days. That maximum shall not exceed ten school days.

(6) School district boards shall adopt policies that require consideration of the age of a student and the past pattern of behavior of a student prior to imposing the suspension or expulsion of a student. For students in fifth grade or lower, the policies must limit the use of out-of-school suspension to the following circumstances:

(a) for non-accidental conduct causing serious physical harm to a student or school employee;

(b) when a school administrator determines, based upon the administrators observation or upon a report from a school employee, that the students conduct poses a direct threat to the health or safety of students or school employees; or

(c) when the suspension or expulsion is required by law

(7) When an out of school suspension is imposed for a student who is fifth grade or younger, district policies must require schools to take steps to prevent the recurrence of the behavior that led to the out-of-school suspension and return the student to a classroom setting so that the disruption of the students academic instruction is minimized.

(8) School district boards or designated representatives shall specify the methods and conditions, if any, under which the student's school work can be made up. Students shall be allowed to make up school work upon their return from the suspension if that work reflects achievement over a greater period of time than the length of the suspension. For example, the students shall be allowed to make up final, mid-term, and unit examinations, without an academic penalty, but it is within the districts' discretion as to whether the students may be allowed to make up daily assignments, laboratory experiments, class discussions or presentations.

(9) In special circumstances a suspension may be continued until some specific pending action occurs, such as a physical or mental examination, or incarceration by court action.
If MI is anything like OR they didn't have an "emergency situation" as defined.

Over the last few decades it's been decided that public school authorities must operate with students under largely the same rules the police/courts operate with you, an adult citizen. Because rights. Jury's out on whether or not this is a good development.

If I had a kid who looked like this….. the LAST thing he'd have access to (in my household) is weapons of any kind.
View attachment 1081325

They almost always have that same "look", regardless of skin color.
1ADE3F34-13D7-41D3-8AF6-74B341B45D4F.png

64788A07-781E-43D9-A0A5-128EE50C29EB.jpeg

That one right there! The administration had already seen his drawing showing that he was going to kill students, as well as the statement on said drawing confirming same. How his backpack was not searched and how he was sent back to class simply boggles the mind of any thinking person.
Watch the movie "Ideocracy" it spells out why they will eventually get the firearms from the law abiding.
Because of the gun owners.

Hear me now and believe me later.

It's pretty much impossible to force a guardian to take a child from school. Turning a kid out of school without knowing who they're going with, or just sending them out alone, is against school policy.

I imagine at that point all the school had was the drawing and internet search. Don't think they knew the parents had bought the gun, or that they'd bought it for the student.

So, I doubt they thought they had "reasonable suspicion" to search him. That's the legal standard. Even if they did staff are often hesitant to search without the kid's permission. Opens the school up to big liability, and gets into what's "reasonable" which is not really defined so is risky.

Oh, and about going back to class. The only other option is in school detention. That depends on policy, space and staff available. IME for things that don't directly disrupt a class (eg, a drawing) they're just sent back to class.

As much as we like to blame the school, what should they have done?? Can't discipline the little bastard without getting sued, can't even send him home with the parents if they won't take him, can't handcuff him and throw him in the dumpster, which would have saved everyone a lot of grief, just WTAF should they do??
This little sh!t and his actions are just another symptom of our failed social policies.
What, no school psychiatrist? Not even one on call???

IMO that drawing should have been enough to have him placed on a 48hr psych hold. And then a two week extension while Mom/Pop are grilled about what is going on with their baby boy.

Last Edited:
I can't imagine how the school cannot be considered criminally negligent after watching that. Also makes it pretty clear parents are trash. I also cannot fathom how the kids who knew he was going to do something didn't tell someone.

In Oregon at least:

If MI is anything like OR they didn't have an "emergency situation" as defined.

Over the last few decades it's been decided that public school authorities must operate with students under largely the same rules the police/courts operate with you, an adult citizen. Because rights. Jury's out on whether or not this is a good development.
They have a duty to protect the students and staff first. If they have a bomb threat, whether tied to an individual or not, they can act on it. It appears they made no attempt to act on the info they had or even the most basic common sense things such as ask him about weapons he had, search etc. unbelievable incompetence by the school.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top