JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, in this case, I don't think he's 18, so federal law definitely doesn't allow him to own one yet.
He's 15.

"My gun" is prolly just that the gun was bought for him. Not that he really has "ownership" of it. But I wanted to point up that it is VERY likely that Dad bought it for him.... Did Dad not know his kid was "phucked up"???

The parent in Sandy Hook knew full well.

Last Edited:
What IS the penalty for violating a Gun Free Zone?
From this:

ff978c04da8e9177b26a2fd1b4b5d2e3.jpg

To this:

shu.jpg

Never said or meant that.

Teachers are much like business owners in Portland. None of them want feces on their doorstep, broken windows, theft that goes uninvestigated let alone prosecuted, customers driven away by anti-social people harrasing them and a raft of other things.

Yet they support (with their votes and voices) policies that produce those things.

Just like teachers support the policies that produce chaos in schools. If they didn't they'd use their votes and voices to get them changed to polices that don't produce the chaos.

Pretty straight forward.
The only teachers I know personally are liberal. So there's that...

A million warning signs. Gun laws would not have prevented this imo but identifying a kid with obvious mental health issues and getting him out of where he could do harm may have saved some poeple.

If a crazy person wants to kill, whether throwing rocks at car windshields, suicide bomb or whatever they will probably find some opportunity to do it. But in this case there were so many warning signs. I think ppl were too complacent. The kids who knew it was going to happen should have told someone. The school should have dug into it more. And all of them should have been taught what to watch for and to tell someone about it if they see warning signs.

1) Kid posted about it the night before:
AE322291-AF32-46B6-A76F-2F7390DCD370.jpeg

2) several kids stayed home because they thought he was going to do something. None of them reported anything to school or police apparently.

3) School met with him and parents a few hours before the shooting.

All these warning signs were missed and/or ignored.

A million warning signs. Gun laws would not have prevented this imo but identifying a kid with obvious mental health issues and getting him out of where he could do harm may have saved some poeple.

If a crazy person wants to kill, whether throwing rocks at car windshields, suicide bomb or whatever they will probably find some opportunity to do it. But in this case there were so many warning signs. I think ppl were too complacent. The kids who knew it was going to happen should have told someone. The school should have dug into it more. And all of them should have been taught what to watch for and to tell someone about it if they see warning signs.

1) Kid posted about it the night before:
View attachment 1081448

2) several kids stayed home because they thought he was going to do something. None of them reported anything to school or police apparently.

3) School met with him and parents a few hours before the shooting.

If I read this I might have stayed home too.

In Oregon it is illegal to prohibit a kid from attending school because of diagnosed mental illness, much less just "obvious" ones.

Staff is expected to just "handle it."

Policies around such handling are written by those who never actually have to do the handling. They often are... lacking, that's the word lol, in real world efficacy.

Oh, and it's also illegal to tell others about the diagnosis if you happen to know of it. As a result many staff get to "handle it" while being effectively blind.

IDK. The mean girls are now everybody male or female. They say that Columbine was triggered by bullying, yet nothing has changed for better... internet makes it exponentially worse. Instagram in particular is really impacting kids according to a recent study.
I remember as a kid after my father died we were way poor. Other kids made fun of clothes and no haircuts. Obviously didn't take a gun to school over it but taught my kid better manners when she went to school.

Most likely ignored. It seems these days teachers/admin want to KEEP the problem kids in school. Kind of like the kid in VA that identified as a girl and then raped on in the girl's bathroom - they just transferred him to another school.

Heck back in 'the day' it seems kids were 'expelled' for nearly anything.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews