JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Awwwww.......Come On Man.
NYC is opening "shooting galleries" so that addicts can safely use illegal drugs. That's a step in the right direction Rrrrrright?

Start at 00:30

BUT, But, but.....
Brandon has not given his seal of approval (as of yet).

Normalize illegal drugs.....and it becomes "Normal".

Aloha, Mark
I wish Narcan was never invented, we would have quite a few less addicts in our midst.

In the first place I am not anti-police. But if you find yourself facing possible arrest you should know that their job is to find a person-of-interest to focus on. I do not believe that they are interested in trying to find the innocent, but to find the guilty. Do not be naive in this situation. Give a concise account of what happened, agree to give a statement after you have spoken with a lawyer, and then shut up. Let your lawyer prove you are innocent.

The police and the prosecutors are only interested in a conviction. They may say you are not guilty but not that you are innocent. Don't get me wrong, I think that most people in law enforcement are decent honest people, but they have a different view of the world.

The only person who will care about you, is you.

In the first place I am not anti-police. But if you find yourself facing possible arrest you should know that their job is to find a person-of-interest to focus on. I do not believe that they are interested in trying to find the innocent, but to find the guilty. Do not be naive in this situation. Give a concise account of what happened, agree to give a statement after you have spoken with a lawyer, and then shut up. Let your lawyer prove you are innocent.

The police and the prosecutors are only interested in a conviction. They may say you are not guilty but not that you are innocent. Don't get me wrong, I think that most people in law enforcement are decent honest people, but they have a different view of the world.

My concise statement:

It wasn't me.

I've even come across parents, school administrators and teachers who say that the POLICE can't even question a kid without a parent being present during the questioning.

WRONG.

But OK, Ok, ok.....maybe.....some jurisdiction(s) might have enacted such a law. If the kid asks for a parent/loved one, etc.... YEAH, the request is treated just as if the kid had asked for a lawyer.

Now......sometimes......getting them ALL TOGETHER in the same room????

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

It's NOT only and always......... about finding a suspect or person of interest or guilty person.

It's also about letting the innocent go free. Right. Concentrate, on finding the person who did this crime. Don't waste time barking up the wrong tree.

So, play some cute games if you wish.

Maybe, the cops might decide to hold you while they checkout your alibi. But....isn't that SOP?

Nah.
Just the F@#^ing Racist cops.
Always picking on a _________ man.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
RE : Post #103
Thanks for the music break.

Now I guess..... it'll be for the cops assigned to his suicide watch. Yeah....he probably is.

But.....you probably don't want to hear, about how resources are wasted there too.

Aloha, Mark

The strength and prevalence of psychotropics given to kids is one of the biggest under reported stories of the past few decades. Studies are out there, but rarely in the popular press, and then not with the breathless "reporting" that is most often done about any risk. It's pretty much the opposite of "reporting" on guns.

And at the risk of insulting any doctors reading, many doctors are simply pill pushers. They either don't read the latest literature, or are myopic, only taking in stuff that they already agree with. "Johnny's acting weird? Give him this pill." is the extent of their service.

Anyway, HIPAA prevents info from coming out except under very specific circumstances. In the Rittenhouse trial it was not allowed for the defense to bring out Rosenbaum's history of psychotropics until the prosecutor screwed up. Even then specifics weren't given, which drugs, what their effects are and can be, etc. Rosenbaum was just "acting crazy."

I think drugs are good. Great tech, has made human existence massively better. But, drugs are POWERFUL. Psychotropics the most powerful of all - they literally change how you exist in the world by changing what you CAN, not want to, not choose to, literally can and cannot, perceive, feel and think. And a huge number of people don't treat them with the respect they should, even with their own kids.

Rant over.

The path YOU choose is yours to take.

It's usually the case.....
That the defendant does NOT choose to take the stand in his own defense.

So then....
The cop is usually the one on the stand testifying. Testifying.....what the defendant said.

IF.....things get that far.

Yeah....you believe THAT? The racist cop is full of B.S. They are all liars and they plant evidence.

But then.....sometimes the interview/questioning is recorded.

Where is the transcript? Is it word for word correct?

WAIT, Wait, wait.....I wanna hear the recording of the actual interview. What was that slang word again? And what does it even mean? Did I even hear that correctly?

So then. If there is/was a question of whether the suspect fully understood? How did the cop help him? Is the officer really an EXPERT to talk about this subject?

I'd expect that the grilling would quickly turn......

So officer..... what steps did you take to attempt to try to explain the Miranda Rights to the suspect? Are you really a helpful/good guy or just another racist bully?

Q : Is it even the officer's duty to also explain the history of America and the US Constitution article by article? Did the officer use the correct CRT teachings when explaining?

Awwwww.......Come On Man.

Or.....
Why not?
Just forgetabout it. HARD STOP.
Because.....You know you're being set up.

Aloha, Mark
I didn't say anything about race.

Nor do I think that cops are generally dishonest. But like most ordinary citizens I'm afraid of dishonest cops, not honest ones. I have the sort of fears that probably most ordinary law- respecting citizens have these days. We see all kinds of police misconduct on videos that show a completely different story than what the cop reported. Its scarey. (And reading mystery and thriller novels in which the cops are often part of the problem or in the pay of the bad guys doesn't help either, admitedly.) I'm not asking whether cops are generally honest either. I just sorta assume/hope those in Corvallis are. At least, I haven't any reason to think otherwise. Those I've interacted with have always been courteous and efficient.

I still want to know what happens if you get arrested and say you don't understand Miranda. That's all I'm asking. We have cops, retired cops, and lawyers on this forum. Can someone tell me?

Nor do I think that cops are generally dishonest. But like most ordinary citizens I'm afraid of dishonest cops, not honest ones. I have the sort of fears that probably most ordinary law- respecting citizens have these days. We see all kinds of police misconduct on videos that show a completely different story than what the cop reported. Its scarey. (And reading mystery and thriller novels in which the cops are often part of the problem or in the pay of the bad guys doesn't help either, admitedly.) I'm not asking whether cops are generally honest either. I just sorta assume/hope those in Corvallis are. At least, I haven't any reason to think otherwise. Those I've interacted with have always been courteous and efficient.

I still want to know what happens if you get arrested and say you don't understand Miranda. That's all I'm asking. We have cops, retired cops, and lawyers on this forum. Can someone tell me?
The Miranda rights are your rights as an individual placed under arrest. Your arrest could be anything from disorderly conduct to murder.

You have the right to remain silent, the 5th amendment allows you to not say anything to incriminate yourself.

Anything you say can and will be used against you, once again, the 5th amendment protects you from incriminating yourself.

You have the right to an attorney even if you can't a one. Pretty self explanatory.

In the end, if you are arrested, keto your mouth shut until you've spoken to your attorney. If you were just involved in what you believe to be legal self defense, tell them your involvement, and that you would like to cooperate, but you would like your attorney present.

Look at Zimmerman as an example. He started spouting off his side, and many of his statements were used against him. For example, it was mentioned on more than one occasion the verbiage that he used he was a wannabe cop.

TLDR, keep your mouth shut until you've spoken to your attorney and they are present.

Last Edited:
Race?
My usual MOP is to NOT say directly. Example : ___insert race___ are blah, blah, blah......

Yes......today..... I do PLAY with the common "stereo types" of a group. Cops, suspects, teachers, politicians, Dems, Rinos, Left, Right, Antifa, etc...etc.....

BUT.....not being totally blind.....I've recognized the danger(s) of mentioning race.

That being said....IMHO.....the conversation just goes faster if I didn't have to STOP and insert The Standard Disclaimer everywhere.

My standard disclaimer applys.
I know (and everyone else probably knows) and don't need to be schooled about how "generalities assigned to groups" may not ALWAYS reflect the TRUE NATURE of an INDIVIDUAL even though they belong to that group. Duh....
So then.....
Consider the issue(s) and "the baggage". Take a look and maybe take a breath.

So then......
If someone wants to assume or wants to take offense.....is that totally on me?

Yup....even being a cop (in my case a former cop) also comes with some "baggage". And YES. Of course, there are some bad apples in every group.

Aloha, Mark

PS....as to the last paragraph/question.

YOU as the investigator decides which way you'll go. You're under NO ORDERS or OBLIGATIONS to play (at least where I was). You can be the judge, as to when you think that you're being played.

Some suspects are never ending with their questions. Yeah.....they don't want to go back to their cell. Plus maybe, they just like talking with someone (say maybe even, YOU).

And, about the dishonest police and police lies. Yes. Imagine telling a suspect.

"The fingerprints show that you were there (even though the results were NOT in yet)."

It's a recognized and valid, Police Investigative Technique.

The suspect might just come back with an admission that they were at the crime scene. It has happened before. And, admissible in court (unless things have changed).

Last Edited:
Here it comes:

"If the incident yesterday, with four children being murdered and multiple kids being injured, is not enough to revisit our gun laws, I don't know what is. I'm a parent, there are parents here, there are parents listening, we need to make sure and want to know that when we send our kids to school, they're safe. And responsible gun ownership is imperative. It's critical," she added.

Words from Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald

Well, if people are just going to IGNORE those Gun Free Zone signs, they need to be educated.

They can be asked to leave. And even charged with trespassing, in some instances.

Maybe we need to add Calming Barrels in the halls??

Unfortunately, many school administrators/staff have lost their will to do what is right for the students. I'm sure the politics and red tape bureaucracy has had a role in that. I've seen firsthand how some are essentially phoning it in, "just trying to survive".

What they're doing is teaching our future generations to not have any critical thinking, to lay down and follow the crowd, even if it's not right, or else they'll be punished by the mob.

-Robert
This is the typical line heard in education from parents with the bubblegumtiest kids who expect the education system to be parent and teacher. Parents need to do their jobs first. Not teachers job to train bubblegumty kids.

Unless he/she was White then

Public school has been a sh* show for years now. Our girls couldn't wait to graduate. The types of things they were seeing and dealing with every day made what I dealt with in the early 1990's seem like amateur hour. No way the immature brain of an adolescent can handle that stuff every day for years on end without incurring some damage.
That's what happens when you strip every bit of funding from a public service.

Post #113

Assuming (at this point) that Mental Illness is a factor here. When will the Govt address the issue of the mentally ill walking amongst us?

Who said anything about Mental Illness?

Well, isn't THAT sort of a given? Evidenced by/from the attack itself and numbers of killed/injured? I mean.....

"Who in their RIGHT MIND would do such a thing?"

But then.....in some schools and societies.....yeah, "main streaming" the Mentally Ill is a common practice. And so....who will or will anyone ever.....be held responsible/accountable for those kinds of decisions?

WAIT, Wait, wait........was he even on drugs? And what kinds?

Of course it's still early. And so far, I've made a lot of assumptions.

IMHO.....we can't solve everything. No matter that I wave my magic wand over and over again.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Post #113

Assuming (at this point) that Mental Illness is a factor here. When will the Govt address the issue of the mentally ill walking amongst us?

Who said anything about Mental Illness?

Well, isn't THAT sort of a given? Evidenced by/from the attack itself and numbers of killed/injured? I mean.....

"Who in their RIGHT MIND would do such a thing?"

But then.....in some schools and societies.....yeah, "main streaming" the Mentally Ill is a common practice. And so....who will or will anyone ever.....be held responsible/accountable for those decisions here?

WAIT, Wait, wait........was he even on drugs? What kinds?

Of course it's still early. And of far, I've made a lot of assumptions. IMHO.....we can't solve everything. No matter that I wave my magic wand over and over again.

Aloha, Mark
I am not sure these shooters are all mentally ill. If this was a soldier on the battlefield we would think he was capable. A disgruntled kid shooting students is assumed to be mentally ill. Maybe he just lacked empathy and was pissed off at other students. Humans are capable of some cruel behavior and I wouldn't necessarily consider them all mentally ill.

You can be pro law and order and anti cop (more accurately cop critical). Cops are just people who met minimum requirements set by the government. They're usually young without a lot of life
Experience or firearm experience for that matter. I'm not saying all cops are bad, got plenty LE in my family and know many good men and women who enforce the law, but being a cop doesn't make you immune to being a bad person who doesn't or shouldn't need to be in a position of authority. I tell you what a 22 year old cop w no college education or military service and a bare understanding of the law I am not
Going to respect as an authority.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR