JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like a justified shoot to me.

**Edit**

The Police Tribune released a body cam video (warning: explicit violence) of a Michigan deputy emptying her magazine (after clearing a malfunction) into Sean Ernest Ruis shortly after the unarmed suspect stabbed a senior citizen and then came after the deputy with a knife and a screwdriver.

Not sure how an "unarmed" suspect stabs someone. Unless they have an awfully rigid finger....

Never should have allowed him to get as close as he did, she is lucky to be alive and uninjured.

Agree 100%. But I think for the sake of trying to save themselves from the overwhelming scrutiny, SJW attacks and Twitter Mob that is associated with a deadly situation like this one, officers are now taking that extra second or so to make damn certain they are justified. In some ways it's good and perhaps it will save a few lives (that may or may not deserve it), unfortunately I fear it's going to cost a few police officer's lives in the process...

Damn, She was very cool under the circumstances.

I know a few local police that would have dumped that guy the second he moved towards the officer more than 3 steps.
Good on her and F-that D-Bag.

Play with the police and this it what happens, Sorry...… Dimwit...

Worst thing the police did was get away from Shooting Felony suspects after 1 command.

Agree 100%. But I think for the sake of trying to save themselves from the overwhelming scrutiny, SJW attacks and Twitter Mob that is associated with a deadly situation like this one, officers are now taking that extra second or so to make damn certain they are justified. In some ways it's good and perhaps it will save a few lives (that may or may not deserve it), unfortunately I fear it's going to cost a few police officer's lives in the process...

He was the wrong color to have those concerns, should have been more concerned that she was nearly disarmed, so close that the perp induce a weapons malfunction.

Did he get a hand on her pistol causing the the pistol to jamb during return to battery?

She's lucky to have had the time to rack the slide and continue fire.

She clearly is in need of de-escalation training.

That poor man would be alive today and not the victim of police violence if she wasn't so quick to just shoot.

Biden will teach the police to just shoot them in the leg!

I'd be interested to know what caliber she's using.... 9mm, I'm guessing. I wonder if he would've dropped sooner if she'd been carrying a .45

Glad she survived.

Last Edited:
I wonder what drug(s) they will find in his post mortem screen. Dude was evidently psychotic.

Did he get a hand on her pistol causing the the pistol to jamb during return to battery?

She's lucky to have had the time to rack the slide and continue fire.
A swing and stab from his right hand appeared to hit the pistol. She had time because he appeared to be slowing down, probably due to the delayed effects of the rounds already in him.

She clearly is in need of de-escalation training.
That poor man would be alive today and not the victim of police violence if she wasn't so quick to just shoot.
Sarcasm noted. :rolleyes:

Correction, it was his left arm that caused the malfunction.
Screwdriver in his left hand, knife in his right.
I did a frame by frame. from when he rounded the front bumper, it was 00:31 when he started his lunge, 00:34 when he hit her gun with his left hand, and stabbed her with his right. Not sure if she was injured.
1595002785243.png

Correction, it was his left arm that caused the malfunction.
Screwdriver in his left hand, knife in his right.
I did a frame by frame. from when he rounded the front bumper, it was 00:31 when he started his lunge, 00:34 when he hit her gun with his left hand, and stabbed her with his right. Not sure if she was injured.
View attachment 723459

This reinforces the thinking about the 21 ft. rule. In more recent times, the concept has been challenged. To laymen, that distance may seem like a large one, but shown time and again, an attacker can close that distance pretty quickly.

In this case, even after having taken a couple of rounds; maintaining enough momentum to make contact with the defender.

This reinforces the thinking about the 21 ft. rule. In more recent times, the concept has been challenged. To laymen, that distance may seem like a large one, but shown time and again, an attacker can close that distance pretty quickly.

In this case, even after having taken a couple of rounds; maintaining enough momentum to make contact with the defender.

It is my understanding Dennis Tueller wishes it was something he could take back as there are those that have prosecuted for dealing with threats beyond that distance. Bottom line it is a stupid "rule".

Is The 21 Foot Rule Really A Thing? | Gun Belts Blog

I'd be interested to know what caliber she's using.... 9mm, I'm guessing. I wonder if he would've dropped sooner if she'd been carrying a .45

Glad she survived.
Good shoot, well justified! But it is clear that a larger caliber is needed by this department. 357sig or 45acp. Heck even a 10mm. But that is just me.

Highly doubtful. Now a shot in the snot locker would have been a different story.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top