JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
23 pages of posts - where did you ask that question?

page 3

Michael Strickland, guilty of 21 counts

yes, I realize that was a while back but there is 23 pages of back and forth banter between those that looked at the bystander video (see Oregonian) and claimed "he was looking for a fight", "he had X loaded mags" etc. ....gun owners here, who carry guns for self defense. Never answered my question.

IMO a guy doest go looking for a fight walking backwards.

page 3

Michael Strickland, guilty of 21 counts

yes, I realize that was a while back but there is 23 pages of back and forth banter between those that looked at the bystander video (see Oregonian) and claimed "he was looking for a fight", "he had X loaded mags" etc. ....gun owners here, who carry guns for self defense. Never answered my question.

IMO a guy doest go looking for a fight walking backwards.

Koda asked it about a dozen times, and each time he did, there was all sorts flippant answers but nothing that directly answered his simple question!!! Sadly, many cannot give Koda that simple answer, and that worries me!:(

Got it. I've been away from this thread for a while, just didn't want to dig through 23 pages of posts again.

But yes, he was backing up and the crowd, for a time, continued not only to advance on him, but also to flank him. And this video now provides even more evidence that the crowd were, from the beginning, the aggressors. Clearly, this needs to be reviewed and everyone responsible for concealing this evidence need to be punished - though I doubt that will happen.

Got it. I've been away from this thread for a while, just didn't want to dig through 23 pages of posts again.

But yes, he was backing up and the crowd, for a time, continued not only to advance on him, but also to flank him. And this video now provides even more evidence that the crowd were, from the beginning, the aggressors. Clearly, this needs to be reviewed and everyone responsible for concealing this evidence need to be punished - though I doubt that will happen.

It's only going to happen if enough people make a ruckus about it until it gets addressed.

I still am baffled by any need for additional evidence and the criticism by gun owners, 2nd amendment supporters, who supposedly have studied the law on the use of deadly force and guns cannot understand how retreating from an advancing mob scene is somehow "asking for it"... o_O (let alone the connection here to gun rights)
...and that worries me.

I still am baffled by any need for additional evidence and the criticism by gun owners, 2nd amendment supporters, who supposedly have studied the law on the use of deadly force and guns cannot understand how retreating from an advancing mob scene is somehow "asking for it"... o_O (let alone the connection here to gun rights)
...and that worries me.

There is only one aspect of that argument I can see - and it's this - as CHL holders, we are pretty much all taught to avoid situations where you could potentially be in danger. I don't think that was really the best place to go, in the middle of a heated rally, especially since folks knew who he was. That being said, he had every right to be there and be free from harassment and intimidation.

Honestly, if it was me, I would have stayed out of there in the first place, just like I avoid downtown PDX in the middle of the night or during protests/riots, etc. But again, no justification for the attack on him or the phony baloney charges made against him.

There is only one aspect of that argument I can see - and it's this - as CHL holders, we are pretty much all taught to avoid situations where you could potentially be in danger. I don't think that was really the best place to go, in the middle of a heated rally, especially since folks knew who he was. That being said, he had every right to be there and be free from harassment and intimidation.

Honestly, if it was me, I would have stayed out of there in the first place, just like I avoid downtown PDX in the middle of the night or during protests/riots, etc. But again, no justification for the attack on him or the phony baloney charges made against him.

for most people maybe but it was his job to film protests. Thats where many are not seeing the connection... the bigger picture. He filmed and exposed many anti gun liberal hypocrisy and was beaten for it to silence him. When that didn't work they attacked him again, but then only he was arrested for it. See the bigger picture with gun rights yet?

for most people maybe but it was his job to film protests. Thats where many are not seeing the connection... the bigger picture. He filmed and exposed many anti gun liberal hypocrisy and was beaten for it to silence him. When that didn't work they attacked him again, but then only he was arrested for it. See the bigger picture with gun rights yet?

Oh, I do see it. In some ways, I think they were almost baiting him, just waiting for the opportunity to catch him in the act. He's been irritating the hard core left in Portland for a long time.

Oh, I do see it. In some ways, I think they were almost baiting him, just waiting for the opportunity to catch him in the act. He's been irritating the hard core left in Portland for a long time.
its deeper than that. Were not allowed to expose the truth. But the city allows them to protest violently by not arresting them when they attacked. They get their say by force just like how they shut down the Republican parade on 82nd.

Arggggggg!!!
I was home drinking tea! I didn't get charged! If you want to be a martyr ya gotta die! If I see this thread much more I'm gonna die!:mad:

The overall message is that the city council tolerates anarchists protesting violently and destructively but one guy documenting them is the actual criminal. Yay Portlandia.

I see things differently. I don't think pouring gasoline on a fire is a good idea. He pretty much knew what the opposition's reaction was going to be. My opinion had no impact on the out come so it appears others felt as I do.

I see things differently. I don't think pouring gasoline on a fire is a good idea. He pretty much knew what the opposition's reaction was going to be. My opinion had no impact on the out come so it appears others felt as I do.

I'm not sure there was gas actually being thrown on the fire? Unless I missed something and/or Strickland omitted facts in this little production of his. Might we say, instead of "Gasoline being thrown on a fire" that Strickland was in the vicinity of gasoline, and holding a match? It looks to me that the black hoodie, mask wearing, thugs were indeed looking for him and used intimidation to get him to act. I don't quite understand how a person video taping a protest deserves to be verbally attacked, intimidated, and quite possibly got his but beat. If not worse.

I also find it interesting that there appeared to be ZERO police presence at the time he was there. Unless I missed something.

I'd like to see the people who mangled to evidence be held accountable along with the judge who ran the railroad.

Wasn't his personal video footage confiscated and not allowed to be used in court? Where the hell is that video? Did the damn courts destroy it? Will he get it back?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top