JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then if the klan held a rally in downtown Portland a black reporter should not cover it because the crowd might turn on him or her? Then if they try to defend themselves to prevent being pounded into goo they are at fault and should have their first and second amendment rights taken away? Seriously?

You'r making a different scenario than I presented. But, in your case if a black reporter went to a klan rally, he'd be an idiot not to take proper precautions. That's just called professionalism. The kind that doesn't end in arrests or personal injury.

The man should be set free, have all his constitutional rights restored, have his record washed to a squeaky clean, and receive millions in damages from the corrupt Portland/Multnomah County combined government.

Those captured on film as the instigators should be apprehended and duly punished... To the fullest extent of the law...

But that won't happen, liberals run every level of government in the metro area... So sad...

They would rather have seen him beat to death.. I saw the videos.. The crowds were clearly being agressive. He has the right to journalism, the right to be there and record.. because who else is going to show the true nature of these rioters? The media? HA!

Its sick that he's getting any charges at all as no one was physically harmed..
At best, brandishing.. But there was just cause.. He was being surrounded by aggressive rioters who were making violent threats...

Portland deserves what it gets when the next series of riots happen. Portland can turn to ash for all I care, after all they encourage this garbage. In fact, I look forward to it.

Just another reason why I dont do business in any parts of portland. Bad parking, bad people, bad politicians.. Seriously, no reason to wade in the filth with the lot of those insane city dwellers.

They would rather have seen him beat to death.. I saw the videos.. The crowds were clearly being agressive.

I believe that web page is referring to new video that no one has seen before, which supposedly actually shows him being assaulted.

And if that is the case, that would really change the outlook of what happened in this incident.

It will be interesting to see what this video shows.

Interesting, three masked men rush him, get in his face and put their hands on him, demanding that he leave.

Certainly looks like it would be a very scary situation for any person to face.

Did he have reasonable cause to fear for his safety? That is the crucial question here.

Wow, he apparently attended the recent Trump free speech rally in Portland. I thought that the judge had banned him from recording any more videos? I wonder if he had someone else record this video below?

Our local news media did not show coverage like this, showing how badly the anti-Trump protesters behaved. Police had to resort to using some kind of flash bombs or tear gas bombs, in order to disperse the crowd.

No wonder the far left hates him so much. He exposes their truly ugly side.

Boy, it's hard to tell what's going on, but it is obvious he was issuing verbal warnings to those attacking him before he drew his gun. Boy, I would have to say that whole case needs to be reviewed on this new information/evidence, and the ethics of the prosecutors/judge preventing it from being released for his trial. Sounds like a lot of corruption going on there - but then who here would be surprised about that??

Interesting, three masked men rush him, get in his face and put their hands on him, demanding that he leave.

Certainly looks like it would be a very scary situation for any person to face.

Did he have reasonable cause to fear for his safety? That is the crucial question here.

looks to me like it's that way. At a little after the 40 second mark you see one of the people trying to flank him on his left. Other footage that has been posted or referenced in this thread shows he was being flanked on both sides just before he drew his pistol.

Imagine, you are being pushed backwards by a hostile crown that is screaming and shoving you and just as you manage a small amount of free space you see people flanking both sides to keep you from escaping. You're damn right you are in fear of your safety.

Furthermore the action by the protestors against Strickland appears to be planned as opposed to a spur of the moment thing. They knew what he looked like and had seen him at similar events previously and nothing like this had happened.

The judge that restricted this tape needs to be thrown off the bench and disbarred. Then he needs to be prosecuted. We also need to see if jurors were selected through normal processes. This is a bad a miscarriage of justice as I have ever observed.

Michael Strickland's statement on his YouTube channel:

"Violent Ben Kerensa, known domestic terrorist and federal felon, attacks me last July 7th, 2016. You can see him leading a group of mask-clad anarchists, 3 of which of with flag poles in hand, which I have seen used as weapons. They surround me, Kerensa verbally accosts me, then begins to physically attack me. You can hear me issue verbal commands as I start to retreat. Benjamin Jacob Kerensa begins to pursue me as I retreat, and calls for others to join in the pursuit. After retreating down the block, while being aggressively pursued, my attention was drawn to the bulk of mob on my right. At this point, Ben Kerensa begins to flank me from my left, my blind side, and I caught him out of the corner of my eye. At that point I draw and issue commands for everyone to get away from me. I had every reason to believe that Ben Kerensa's 400 pound body was seconds away from flattening me into the pavement, and that several others, already in a mob mentality, would join in, not only beating me but also robbing me of personal possessions, which included my video camera, computer, other electronic devices, and my Glock 27. They left me with no choice but to draw in self defense.

Somehow, Kerensa and the rest of the mob are considered "victims" and were never charged with any crimes, even though Ben Kerensa's actions clearly meet the definition of Riot (ORS 166.015), Assault (ORS 163.165), Menacing (ORS 163.190), and Disorderly Conduct (ORS 166.025), having begun the altercation in the first place.

Benjamin Jacob Kerensa has a long criminal rap sheet that includes bomb threats, impersonating FBI agents to get people SWATed, filing false police reports, improper use of 911, theft, writing fraudulent checks, and more. He also been known to creepily stalk students at PSU, attack female police accountability activists, and tried to get the mob to attack another videographer earlier this June.

It is best to stay away from him if you see him in public and have no contact with him. I post this as a public service announcement so that people know how dangerous and violent he is.

This video was my first person video of the events that night. I was arrested a few minutes after I was attacked, and my camera and SD were seized immediately. This video was part of the sealed evidence. The prosecutors, Kate Molina and Todd Jackson, and Judge Thomas Ryan did not want the public to see this video before the trial. The evidence has since been unsealed."​

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top