JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once Mike gets cleared of any wrongdoing, then he needs to pursue damages from the city of Portland and Multnomah County... I'm thinking that nine figures to the left of the decimal should be a sufficient settlement... Then he can truly laugh at liberals...

I hope so... then he can pay me back that 20 bux he owes me LOLZ.... JK

Sounds legit.

gallery-1466436264-ramsay-dog-death-l.gif

Yeah the media it was all up in a tizzy thinking that the judge could give him 40 to 50 years in jail. What a bunch of jackasses there is no Justice left anywhere in the Pacific Northwest. The feds need to be brought in to clean house of these anti constitutionalist!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Last Edited:
STOP Oregon Gun Ban, has reported on their Facebook page, Strictland got 3 years probation, and his Attorney is moving for a NEW trial.
Seemingly good news for Mike.

From the Post:
Attorneys moved for new trial. Appeals attorney named (Robert Barnes). Both will go forward. Hearing for new trial in June.
For July 7, 2016 incident, Mike has been given 3 years probation, and sentenced to 40 days in jail which will be reduced accounting for time served and other factors.
Michael's 1st and 2nd amendment rights have been revoked, so to speak. He's supposed to pay fines but can't make a living doing his job.

Here is a link to a news report about Strickland's sentencing. He is banned from owning firearms for the rest of his life, as he is now a convicted felon. He got only 40 days of jail time, which will be reduced to only 29, as he already spent 11 days in jail. But he is on probation for the next 3 years. He is forbidden from attending any events and recording videos, until 2018. And he will have to get advance permission from his parole officer at that point, in order to attend and record any events.

Man who pointed Glock at 'Don't Shoot PDX' protesters banned from owning guns

Last Edited:
Lance,
For the record the first part of my post is indeed pointed at you Lance.
I disagree with the idea of using a fake ID to report on anything.

Notice then the space between the first , pointed at you comment and my second comment.
The space was meant to separate the two thoughts.
This second thought about truthful and respectful investigating and reporting , was not aimed at you.
It was a general statement.

No where in any of my postings did I call you out by name* or insult you.
*edit to add : except to reply in my post #365 / #366
Andy

No Andy, you are most definitely guilty of engaging in personal criticism of me here in this thread. That is most obvious and plain for anyone here to see.

You come across in your statements as being totally oblivious of the deep polarization that now exists in our society. Your statements that people like Strickland can somehow get away with openly doing this sort of thing, are downright ludicrous. The radical left is not going to allow Stickland, or anyone else, to continue to record them, and expose them to ridicule on the Internet. The left won in this matter, as they totally succeeded in silencing Strickland.

Strickland, or anyone else, would have to be nuts in order to try to continue to do this sort of open video recording of these radicals. No one in the Portland area has stepped in to take Strickland's place since his arrest. And after everything that has happened to him, I can fully assure you that no one else ever will. You seem to be living in some kind of dream world, to think that such video recording would ever be tolerated and allowed by the far left.

For you to insist that conservatives must operate as Strickland did, is thus really being totally out of touch with today's reality. I just cannot believe that anyone would hold such an extremist viewpoint, in light of all that has happened to Strickland. That is why I believe that you are going well out of your way here in making your statements, in an effort to simply criticise me personally.

So what you are proposing, is basically impossible in today's society. Your position is tantamount to saying that this sort of exposing of the far left that Strickland did should end. The only way that these radical rallies, protests, and meetings could ever possibly be successfully recorded by a conservative, would be for them to do it surreptitiously, under false premises. And that is because the far left is simply not going to tolerate or allow this to go on.

And by the way, I never used Fake ID the couple of times that I went to cover gun control rallies. I simply used the card that I had with me to make up a false story about of why I was there. All I did was lie to the people in charge regarding what my motivation was for recording their event. I simply made them believe that I was a fellow gun control supporter.

If you think that doing that is in anyway wrong, unethical, or dishonest, well, you are simply not looking at the much bigger picture. The far left is currently at war with conservatives, and they are most definitely at war with gun owners like ourselves.

Perhaps you would not mind them targeting you, like they did Strickland. However, I most defiinitely would.

Mark my words: If Strickland ever tries again to resume his exposés of what the left is up to in the Portland area, things will go south for him yet once again. His first amendment rights don't mean anything in today's harshly polarized political climate.

Last Edited:
Lance ,
Do not engage me on this topic anymore.

You do not understand what I have posted... And I have failed in explaining myself to you.
Please leave me out of any other comments you may have or make...
Andy

To all who have liked or otherwise understood my comments and thoughts in this thread : Thank you!

To any who have read my comments and agreed or not agreed :
Please note that it was not my intention to offend or cause a disruption in this thread, but to state my thoughts on a action or comment.

I encourage thoughts and discussion on the matter in the OP.
But because of my part in the causing of offense or disruption , I will not longer be replying here in this thread.
Andy

Here is a link to a news report about Strickland's sentencing. He is banned from owning firearms for the rest of his life, as he is now a convicted felon. He got only 40 days of jail time, which will be reduced to only 29, as he already spent 11 days in jail. But he is on probation for the next 3 years. He is forbidden from attending any events and recording videos, until 2018. And he will have to get advance permission from his parole officer at that point, in order to attend and record any events.

Man who pointed Glock at 'Don't Shoot PDX' protesters banned from owning guns

Silencing him was always the goal, taking his Second Amendment rights away was just icing on the cake. The only reason he got a short term and probation was to prevent this story from getting attention outside Portland and thereby making him a martyr.

Silencing him was always the goal, taking his Second Amendment rights away was just icing on the cake. The only reason he got a short term and probation was to prevent this story from getting attention outside Portland and thereby making him a martyr.
Strickland went looking for trouble and found it. Stupid prizes for stupid games.

To all who have liked or otherwise understood my comments and thoughts in this thread : Thank you!

To any who have read my comments and agreed or not agreed :
Please note that it was not my intention to offend or cause a disruption in this thread, but to state my thoughts on a action or comment.

I encourage thoughts and discussion on the matter in the OP.
But because of my part in the causing of offense or disruption , I will not longer be replying here in this thread.
Andy
I like 90 percent of the people here, including you. Then again all you guys have to do is own guns and not have a chip on your shoulder.

Don't let that guy bother you. The internet is filled with shi#heads. Almost every single one of them wouldn't talk to your face in that manner. People are predictable creatures and that's why I left this thread alone for a while.

If any of you on this forum can't handle another persons opinion...stay mad; I hope it drives you crazy.

While I don't agree with the actions of Strickland that day (mainly due to the lack of a non-lethal option), I also don't agree that he should have to just give up his 1A rights simply because some protesters wanted to push him around due to his beliefs.

And the sheep never understood why the sheepdog went towards the wolf instead of away. Later when the wolf had been chased away and the sheepdog returned bloodied and limping the sheep criticized him for running into danger instead of away to safety like they had done.

And the sheep never understood why the sheepdog went towards the wolf instead of away. Later when the wolf had been chased away and the sheepdog returned bloodied and limping the sheep criticized him for running into danger instead of away to safety like they had done.

Yes, exactly. They never understand.... Like the folks who say, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", this is NOT one of those cases.

He was not playing a stupid game, just (IMO) overreacted..

My problem with this case was how it was handled by the courts. His camera evidence was sealed, he was denied moving the trial, his potential jurors we all anti gun.... It all stacked up against him unfairly speaks corruption.

Could he have responded better? Maybe, but then why wasnt any of his attackers arrested and put on trial for assault? How would this story change if say, they got convicted of assault?

Clearly there is political corruption in the system to silence their opposition, that he was exposing. The gun rights supporters here who says he played stupid games dont realise it will happen to them if they need to defend themselves. Better not get caught up in protest traffic next time your just trying to get home. Take your beating... Or worse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top