JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The first point I guess is to recognize that you simply cannot make everyone happy. Heck we don't seem to get along on this board at times and we have at least one common theme - guns. I think we need to protect our country and that includes it resources.

I am not disagreeing with you and apologize if I came across that way. I was just making a point that we can't please everyone all the time.

We are way off topic because I was on the best dog thread and there was a picture of a dog with a corona and a gun and it made me go buy a 12 pack of corona lol now I'm SIX DOWN AND WE ARE OFF TOPIC HMMMMM WONDER WHY

I'd like to see things from their perspective, but I just can't get my head up my azzzz....

I like this. Do you mind if I use it? It would be perfect for when you're having a discussion with someone on the opposite side and you can not get a word in, or get them to even consider another view of a topic....Yeah.

I like this. Do you mind if I use it? It would be perfect for when you're having a discussion with someone on the opposite side and you can not get a word in, or get them to even consider another view of a topic....Yeah.
Of course...

Here a graphic for seeing things from their perspective...
image.jpeg

We are way off topic because I was on the best dog thread and there was a picture of a dog with a corona and a gun and it made me go buy a 12 pack of corona lol now I'm SIX DOWN AND WE ARE OFF TOPIC HMMMMM WONDER WHY
It only gets better from here

I don't know what people don't get, especially being a CHL holder. I'm sure he had to have gotten some certification to conceal that gun.

Pulling your gun out is a LAST RESORT, when you feel your life is in IMMEDIATE danger.

I didn't see a single other person armed in this video, let alone enter the camera frame and get within 5-10 feet of him when he reached for his weapon twice, and then pulls it out to take aim.

People like this throw fuel on the fire for bullsh*t gun laws.
The police shoot unarmed attackers at 20 feet, I believe they train for a 21 foot zone... only takes three seconds for a single attacker to be on you and have a vise grip on the working end of your weapon, IF you have it drawn. Multiple obviously agitated people confronting me? I would have found a wall to back up to and kept the gun out until forced to shoot or the PD arrived.

The police shoot unarmed attackers at 20 feet, I believe they train for a 21 foot zone... only takes three seconds for a single attacker to be on you and have a vise grip on the working end of your weapon, IF you have it drawn. Multiple obviously agitated people confronting me? I would have found a wall to back up to and kept the gun out until forced to shoot or the PD arrived.
21 feet =7yards that's what police train for a grown man with a knife or something or even nothing can take off running from a dead stop and cover 21 feet in under 3 second 's so that is why they keep the distance you have probley seen the video 's of cops gun drawn walking backwards when crazy person walking at them and the cop don't shoot until he backed in between two car 's and had no choice

21 feet =7yards that's what police train for a grown man with a knife or something or even nothing can take off running from a dead stop and cover 21 feet in under 3 second 's so that is why they keep the distance you have probley seen the video 's of cops gun drawn walking backwards when crazy person walking at them and the cop don't shoot until he backed in between two car 's and had no choice
Right, but that's one attacker... when you're facing a mob and know they're trying to flank you.....

Events are rarely simple. There are usually not 2 sides to any story; there is a side for anyone who takes interest, so the perspective can be infinitely different. I wasn't at the rally. I wasn't at the trial. I didn't watch any video. I didn't attend law school. I didn't read a transcript of the trial. I don't know anyone involved personally. I don't even live in Oregon. There is no way of being sure that anything said on the internet can be found to be actually based on fact or truth, and there is no system in place to hold anyone accountable. Was he right? Was he wrong? I don't have enough of anything to form an answer. Any controversial and highly publicised legal event produces seemingly no end to speculation, emotion, and opinion.

Look, sporting events are watched and filmed from every conceivable angle, and many important segments are shown with extreme attention. And yet, there can still be a difference of opinion not just on the state of mind involved but the event itself.

It's okay to have your own opinion on this topic. No one will be 100% right or wrong. But please let's treat everyone with respect.

Have been chewing on this today. Looks like the Tueller Drill and disparity-of-force both apply to his case.

Interesting, that he's in so much trouble but did no physical harm. Maybe the left-wing fruitcakes are just making an example of him. (To put the Fear of Democrats into everyone.)

I'm concerned that the left will keep pushing their "tolerant" agenda until this turns into a shooting war across the nation.

Now that Mr. Strickland has been found guilty, what good will it do to protest? I ask this in all sincerity. Can he be helped by a group of protesters?

Regarding post #195...
Getting a fake ID or fake anything else ... Just means that you will be caught and or outed later.

Yet, I was never outed. Strickland made a number of mistakes. By showing himself in his videos, it made it very simple for people to identify him. I certainly never did that in any of my videos. I just video recorded what the speakers said, and let their own words indict them.

Investigate and report all you want.
But do so in a truthful and respectful manner.

And end up being targeted and harassed like Strickland was? Your statement here is absolutely ridiculous in nature. Just look at what doing that got Strickland. You want other people to be subjected to the same ordeal that he went through?

Investigative news reporting has employed ruses and subterfuge all throughout the history of news gathering. In fact, 60 Minutes initially got its start as an investigative program, where reporters were sent undercover to investigate. They would typically have their undercover people gather evidence using a concealed micro video camera, and then reporter Mike Wallace would walk in on the subject afterwards, and explain who they really were.

So don't be so silly and snobbish. There is nothing either illegal or unethical about doing what I suggested. It can help someone avoid getting beaten up by these thugs, if not worse done to them.

But who knows? Maybe there are people out there that would like to take over Strickland's work, do it exactly the same way that he did, and end up in prison just like he did too.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads