JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope. Bad decision.

One member of a jury is enough to acquit. Having a judge only has no bearing on appeal. The verdict is not appealable, only the process is and the judge was on the hook for that anyway.

A fool for a client and a fool for the lawyer.

Hung jury gets you a mistrial, or a bench decision anyway. Denial of change of venue is part of the process and the decision to ask for a bench trial is supportive of the defense's position that they could not get a fair trial by jury due to bias and media tainting. You gotta play the hand you're dealt.

Hung jury gets you a mistrial, or a bench decision anyway. Denial of change of venue is part of the process and the decision to ask for a bench trial is supportive of the defense's position that they could not get a fair trial by jury due to bias and media tainting. You gotta play the hand you're dealt.
Hung jury gets another trial with the possibility of getting the video back in evidence. At best it's an Acquital. There's no reason at this point to claim there wasn't a fair trial. No appeal even if he had the money.

It sucks he was found guilty. It really sucks. But in the end if he really did fear for his life and valued that life enough to contemplate taking another for it then he should be happy he is alive... even in jail for a while.

Then again there is the whole Patrick Henry way of thinking.

In your first post you said random Azholes ... I was pointing out that it's not random at all.
You are asked questions and interviewed by the lawyers in the case.
You are selected. ( or not if you don't "fit)
It is not a random pick when you need to be on a actual jury.

It could argued that the selection for jury duty is random.
But serving on a jury is not.
And pointing out that I was on a jury and not a " random Azhole"....
Andy
And that is "why they have jury selection".
AFTER the fact they send you a letter for jury duty.= Random A-hole.
99% of the time people that are chosen for that duty are not truly one's peer.
Just people from the same area.
That was the point,The system is F-d and everyone knows it it's.
I feel bad for this guy, I'm also under the impression never pull a gun unless it's going to go bang.
I don't believe in show of force to deescalate a situation. But that's just me.

Last Edited:
The jury system is not random in my experience.
And it is made of peers.
Those who are about the same background as you , since no one can be truly equal to one another.
We are just going to have to disagree ...

Andy

Yes.
We the jury had a lot in common with the folks involved on both cases I was on.

Being on a jury which I have been on twice,
I can say and will say it is not random!
I did not say it ( the legal system ) was messed up. You did.
Now since you and I are never going agree .... Do not ask me about this again.

We are just going to have to disagree.
Andy

Last Edited:
I like it when people get offended in a conversation then they wont explain themselves.
Kind the whole point of a conversation.
I do like the condescending thing makes me think I'm dumb and you are correct without an explanation.
Makes me think the other person has no valid point or cant articulate it.

We are peers on a jury.
We the jury are made up of folks who have similar backgrounds and experiences.
One is interviewed by the both lawyers about relevant matters to see if you are indeed a peer.
I explained this in my first posting on this matter.
Andy

When they said a "jury of ones peers" they considering recent history (at that time) and wanted to ensure that a jury was to be selected randomly of citizens. This was to prevent a "commoner" from being judged by a group of aristocrats, and vice versa. Every prosecutor tries to subvert this in the selection process, and every defense attorney does too! The big problem is when the jury pool consists predominately of citizens with a similar world-view. That precludes selecting an objective cross-section of jury members. The jurors are supposed to set aside their personal views and act objectively, but that is an ideal, rather than a realistic goal.

How come none of the "protesters" who were threatening the officer were arrested, same with the Portland gang?.....Spad:eek:
questions I posed after the Portland debacle.

If those clowns were shoving (assault), threatening with poles, (brandishing) etc, WHY were not any of them charged? Oh, I forgot, sorry HOW silly of me. They were in their safe spaces and could not bear to have their widdow psyches harmed.....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top