JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Deputy who fired gun in school waives hearing
Auburn, Michigan
A Bay County Sheriff's deputy alleged to have fired a pistol in a high school classroom, causing a bullet to strike a teacher in another room,
The school's resource officer, at about 12:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 11, was in the school's robotics classroom with another teacher. They used a force machine to test the trigger pull on Brown's personal Springfield EMP 9mm handgun.
BUT
After the pair left the room, Brown returned alone and used the machine to test the trigger pull on his .380-caliber Sig Sauer, another personal handgun that he brought into the school that day.

The gun was not empty of bullets and the experiment caused the gun to fire a round through two pieces of drywall. The projectile entered a classroom containing about 30 students, traveled toward the ceiling, scraped a tile, proceeded to hit a cement wall, ricocheted off it, careened across the room, and struck teacher Brenda Amthor in the neck.

There are a number of videos on U-tuby on a Force Machine vs various objects -

I have no idea what a force machine is ....
But I do know that if I am looking at or testing a feature of a gun , its an unloaded gun.
One that I've checked at least twice.

Glad the only injury was minor one.
As for you Deputy , you earn a living carrying a gun.
I know everyone can have a "Oops moment" , but I hold you to a higher standard.
You are a law enforcement officer ... you should know better...
Andy

Just goes to show 90% of US go LAZY time to time. The other 10% are waiting FOR THEIR TURN.

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER DISTRICT EMPLOYEE WHO WAS PLAYING IN THE ROBOTICS ROOM WITH HIM. THAT PERSON SHOULD BE FIRED AS WELL.
SHOULDA HAD A CAN....

Follow up:

Bay County, Michigan, sheriff's deputy Adam Brown has been charged with careless discharge of a firearm and tampering with evidence. Brown, a school resource officer, used a force machine in the robotics lab of the school he worked in to test the trigger pull on his personal firearm. He fired a bullet through drywall into a classroom, striking a teacher. Brown did not admit he fired the gun to school staff, causing the school to go into lock down. Staff gave Brown the bullet, but he tossed it into a grassy area covered by leaves.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top