MI Shooting - Dum* A$*

RicInOR

Messages
13,352
Reactions
28,121
Deputy who fired gun in school waives hearing
Auburn, Michigan
A Bay County Sheriff's deputy alleged to have fired a pistol in a high school classroom, causing a bullet to strike a teacher in another room,
The school's resource officer, at about 12:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 11, was in the school's robotics classroom with another teacher. They used a force machine to test the trigger pull on Brown's personal Springfield EMP 9mm handgun.
BUT
After the pair left the room, Brown returned alone and used the machine to test the trigger pull on his .380-caliber Sig Sauer, another personal handgun that he brought into the school that day.
The gun was not empty of bullets and the experiment caused the gun to fire a round through two pieces of drywall. The projectile entered a classroom containing about 30 students, traveled toward the ceiling, scraped a tile, proceeded to hit a cement wall, ricocheted off it, careened across the room, and struck teacher Brenda Amthor in the neck.


There are a number of videos on U-tuby on a Force Machine vs various objects -
 

Andy54Hawken

Messages
16,207
Reactions
78,116
I have no idea what a force machine is ....
But I do know that if I am looking at or testing a feature of a gun , its an unloaded gun.
One that I've checked at least twice.

Glad the only injury was minor one.
As for you Deputy , you earn a living carrying a gun.
I know everyone can have a "Oops moment" , but I hold you to a higher standard.
You are a law enforcement officer ... you should know better...
Andy
 

cooper

Messages
1,357
Reactions
829
Just goes to show 90% of US go LAZY time to time. The other 10% are waiting FOR THEIR TURN.

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER DISTRICT EMPLOYEE WHO WAS PLAYING IN THE ROBOTICS ROOM WITH HIM. THAT PERSON SHOULD BE FIRED AS WELL.
SHOULDA HAD A CAN....
 
OP
RicInOR

RicInOR

Messages
13,352
Reactions
28,121
Follow up:

Bay County, Michigan, sheriff's deputy Adam Brown has been charged with careless discharge of a firearm and tampering with evidence. Brown, a school resource officer, used a force machine in the robotics lab of the school he worked in to test the trigger pull on his personal firearm. He fired a bullet through drywall into a classroom, striking a teacher. Brown did not admit he fired the gun to school staff, causing the school to go into lock down. Staff gave Brown the bullet, but he tossed it into a grassy area covered by leaves.
 

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
Top Bottom