JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Losing Faith in the State, Some Mexican Towns Quietly Break Away

merlin_131641868_bc1ff56d-d4b2-42cc-9143-1038e27f3758-superJumbo.jpg
That looks like an m1 carbine

Local orchard owners, who export over $1 million in avocados per day, mostly to the United States, underwrite what has effectively become an independent city-state. Self-policing and self-governing, it is a sanctuary from drug cartels as well as from the Mexican state.

Tancítaro represents a quiet but telling trend in Mexico, where a handful of towns and cities are effectively seceding, partly or in whole. These are acts of desperation, revealing the degree to which Mexico's police and politicians are seen as part of the threat.

That looks like the same road we (USA) is heading. I give it 50'ish years and you'll see this in a bunch of neighborhoods.

No help from the local PD's or the feds. Folks gotta do something to protect themselves......

With our legal system tying the hands of law enforcement with varying shades of political correctness, we could very well be going there in the future. Corruption is a human thing. Ignoring the problem in Mexico has created the perfect stage to illustrate the very reason why we need firearms. While I don't think I want to call several of their armed groups "militias", they are the only thing sort of fixing the problem and not making it worse.

Last Edited:
It sounds to me like they kicked out one type of goon only to have another type of goon take it's place.

E

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top