Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mexico Makes Biggest-Ever Firearms Seizure

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Chee-to, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Guess they had to get their weapons somewhere else since the BATF connection dried up.....

Federal authorities confiscated 911 guns from a container ship in the port of Lazaro Cardenas, on Mexico's Pacific, which was headed to Nicaragua.

The guns were found on board a cargo ship en route to Nicaragua, during a planned stop at the Michoacan port of Lazaro Cardenas. The ship is believed to be of Turkish origin, but no information was provided on the origin or destination of the weapons.

The operation was carried out by Mexico’s Navy, working with the Federal Attorney General’s Office and customs officials, and represents the largest seizure of illegal weapons in the country’s history, reports Milenio.

The cache included several varieties of handguns and more than 750 shotguns. Organized crime groups generally prefer to use semi-automatic and assault weapons, like the AK-47 or AR-15. One variant on the AK-47, the WASR-10, is the gun most commonly seized within Mexico.

Mexico Makes Biggest-Ever Firearms Seizure

2. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

Wow, corrupt US gun dealers are selling so many illegal machine guns, now, that the drug cartels have to hire cargo ships to get them all into their country. That's crazy!

3. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Not only that, but I wish I could find those hand grenades at my local gunshow. If only I was a mexican criminal, maybe then I could get a few

4. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

The BATF will ship them to you for free. Why go out'ta country?

BTW...they will cover-up the deal,too. What more can you ask?

5. Father of four

That's almost funny, but its quiet real.

6. EagleEyeEOD

EagleEyeEOD Pacific NW Member

Wait for it.....How long until something like this hits the media?

"Up to 90% of the weapons seized may have ties to legal purchases made at guns shows in the US!" ...

What it means "100% of the only gun they ran thru a database almost matched a serial number that was tied to a legal purchase in the US."

7. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Story says they were headed to Nicaragua FROM Mexico

8. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

Could have been a legal shipment that made a mistake stopping in a Mexican port. They'd probably grab from any foreign ship. Unless the ATF sent them.

9. Father of four

Then I retract everything I posted above. Well some of it.

10. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

If they were heading to nicaragua from Mexico then what business is it of the us or mexico? Sticking their noses in where it doesn't belong. Unless Mexico wants their guns back......

11. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Illegal smuggling out of Mexico would certainly be Mexico's business. Guess the cartels didn't pay the right people off!

Mexico has "Federal Officials" too, just like the US does.

12. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Wow. Mexico complaining that they have too many guns that are smuggled in from America. Now their seizing guns that are being smuggled out of Mexico. I see the ATF has taught them well.......

13. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

It's funny to see this headline pop up a couple times a year. It's like the cartels are trying to 1-up each other with the arsenal so when a bust goes down it's always going to be the biggest find...thus far...this year.

14. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol Salem Active Member

Interesting... I thought these were drying up in the States.