JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Because $11 billion a year isn't enough.

Sane people who know the government has no right to tell people what to do in their own homes?

The drug war was "justified" by the interstate commerce clause, which is a gross misreading of original intent. The modern SCOTUS is nothing more than enablers of government abuse.

Last I knew the bureaucratic law is full of garbage laws enacted by power-mad politicians.

Implying the tyranny of the majority is moral in any way whatsoever.

Sure, besides the religious prudes, there's also power-tripping cops, the law-and-order sheeple, the alcohol and tobacco lobbies, and other people who stupidly believe in government propaganda.

That's why all those European countries who decriminalized drugs are being wrecked by crime... oh wait, they're not.

And don't kid yourself, the bureaucrats can preach all about how they are "saving society" with their idiotic laws and regulations, but the truth is they enjoy wielding power over others. That's the basis of all government throughout history, the desire of a small group of deviants who seek out and hoard power for emotional satisfaction.

Drugs became a blight on society only after government imposed prohibition and drove the market underground, resulting in increased crime. Yet another case of government masquerading as the solution to a problem of its own creation.

HAHAHAHA, the US stops what, 5% of incoming drugs? And that's after spending huge amounts of money and diminishing returns has already kicked in. Feel free to come back to reality any time.

Indeed it is their choice to make, but of course, the US could also choose to stop their unconstitutional war, which would save billions of dollars, thousands of lives, and most importantly, get the drug fearmongers to finally shut the F.U.C.K. up.

Whatever is wrong with your mind is probably incurable. My condolences.

As I sit here a copy of the April 16, 1912 LA Times lays on the coffee table. The most notable article is the front page account of the sinking of the Titanic but just below it the bottom front page article reads 'Army and Navy Ordered To Be Ready To Invade Mexico' 'President Taft And Advisers, Convinced That Intervention Is Inevitable, Instruct To Prepare For Action' Seems to me they were on the right track 99 years ago but strayed off the course.

Indeed it is their choice to make, but of course, the US could also choose to stop their unconstitutional war, which would save billions of dollars, thousands of lives, and most importantly, get the drug fearmongers to finally shut the F.U.C.K. up.

You need to pull your head out and breath, the methane is obviously affecting your ability to reason.
Either that or consider a move to Meh- he- co.

There are many decent, honest and intelligent people in this country who are capable of running this country and dealing effectively with pot-shotting foreign leaders.

Unfortunately, none of them are in the White House.

That's because its EASIER to be a D-bag, and vote for candidates who make you feel comfortable with being a D-bag. That's how liberal/progressive movement has managed to gain the footholds that it has... by appealing to the base denominator in the "unwashed masses". What "decent person" would want to put themselves out there so fish wrapper-rags like the NYT can peel your family and personal life apart, and print outright slander and innuendo to HUMILIATE you and your family?

Meh... at this rate the country will get EXACTLY what it deserves in the end, and all you "little people" who are useful idots for the liberal/progressive machine will be among the first to get rounded up... if history holds true, and it usually does.

Well, since we are in a "War on Terror" it would seem to me that the Fed Govt would WANT to secure the southern border of the US and keep anyone that shouldn't be here OUT. But, hey, that's just me. If they were serious about the whole "War on Terror" thing that my brothers in arms are dying to end.....but what do I know.

As for the whole "War on Drugs" thing, Lysander Spooner said it best over a hundred years ago, "Vices are not crimes."
http://mises.org/books/vicescrimes.pdf

Last Edited:
Well, since we are in a "War on Terror" it would seem to me that the Fed Govt would WANT to secure the southern border of the US and keep anyone that shouldn't be here OUT. But, hey, that's just me. If they were serious about the whole "War on Terror" thing that my brothers in arms are dying to end.....but what do I know.

Agreed. :)

As for the whole "War on Drugs" thing, Lysander Spooner said it best over a hundred years ago, "Vices are not crimes."
http://mises.org/books/vicescrimes.pdf

Oh really. Tell ya what. Get caught with 5 pounds of cocaine in your trunk and try selling that idea to the judge.

The only difference between medicine and poison is the dosage.
"drug" has become an inflammatory buzz word...if you are hungry and eat an apple, your brain chemistry changes.

The only difference between medicine and poison is the dosage.
"drug" has become an inflammatory buzz word...if you are hungry and eat an apple, your brain chemistry changes.

Well, if you have a 5 pound box of apples in your trunk, you're good to go. :s0112:

Every successful drug policy in history has consisted of decreased law enforcement and increased treatment. Prohibition does not work - hasn't in the past, never will in the future. Period. Jailing drug users (users, not dealers and traffickers) only gums up the judicial system and overcrowds prisons and does NOTHING to alleviate the drug problem in this country that in turn fuels the cartels in Mexico and elsewhere. This is not a moral viewpoint or opinion....it's just plain numbers, and they don't lie. Same argument can be made about over-legislating firearms. Too many laws and mandatory minimum sentences only leads to a black market and more crime. However, we all know that the logistics behind a major overhaul of U.S. drug and firearm laws and policies are mind-boggling.......quicker, more efficient fix: bring home our troops who are scattered in foreign countries across the globe, put a line of tanks end-to-end along the southern border, and be done with it. Why exactly do we have a military or a national guard if not too, uh, guard the nation?

Every successful drug policy in history has consisted of decreased law enforcement and increased treatment. Prohibition does not work - hasn't in the past, never will in the future. Period. Jailing drug users (users, not dealers and traffickers) only gums up the judicial system and overcrowds prisons and does NOTHING to alleviate the drug problem in this country that in turn fuels the cartels in Mexico and elsewhere. This is not a moral viewpoint or opinion....it's just plain numbers, and they don't lie. Same argument can be made about over-legislating firearms. Too many laws and mandatory minimum sentences only leads to a black market and more crime. However, we all know that the logistics behind a major overhaul of U.S. drug and firearm laws and policies are mind-boggling.......quicker, more efficient fix: bring home our troops who are scattered in foreign countries across the globe, put a line of tanks end-to-end along the southern border, and be done with it. Why exactly do we have a military or a national guard if not too, uh, guard the nation?

The fact that MJ is illegal keeps me from messing with it, so there goes that theory.

If you bothered reading Spooner's essay, you'd know there is a difference between a true crime that actually harmed someone, as opposed to a victimless crime against bureaucratic law (i.e. drug prohibition).

Some strongly disagree that drug use (which necessarily follows drug dealing) is victimless.

Thinking that a 'War on Drugs' is going to end illicit drug use is like expecting teenagers to practice abstinence, which is to say it's a nice idea that won't work. Prohibition accomplished nothing except to make gangbangers famous and crooks fabulously wealthy.

The vast majority of people choose not to smoke cigarettes, use illegal drugs, or become drunks, and that has little to do with the law. Give people the choice and keep the gov't out of our private lives.

If Calderon really wants to help the people of Mexico he should work towards giving private citizens the right to bear arms.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top