JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fred weighs in:
In a recent example in Mexico City (this from newspaper accounts) four robbers, armed, boarded a public bus and collected wallets and cell phones from the passengers. One passenger drew a pistol and shot all four, killing one. The other three, badly wounded, got off the bus. The passenger followed, finished them off, gave the loot back to the other passengers, and disappeared into the city. Curiously, not one of the passengers was able to describe him. Maybe they were not paying attention.
:)

Gun Control: Hawglegs and Hawgwash | Fred On Everything

Gun ownership is recognized in the Mexican constitution, which also allows the government to regulate the type, condition, etc. Unfortunately, there is only one legally operating gun store in Mexico - located on a military base in Mexico City.

I mentioned to a friend in Mexico that I had seen a number of shotgun hulls while out hiking in the Baja desert. When I said 'I thought you guys couldn't have guns" he responded 'sure we can. We just can't admit it without getting a whole lot of unwelcome attention.' He said it was hard to get ammunition for some older rifles that had been passed down through the family, but that .22lr, 9mm, 12 and 20 gauge were not hard to get - expensive, but still the easiest to find.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top