JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed> . I really like the gun the guy is holding in the picture - I think Big 5 sells those...

2013484475.jpg

But an influx of combat weapons — purchased at U.S. gun shops and shows or stolen from Central American munitions stockpiles — and a vast supply of ammunition now enables them to fight, and sometimes outgun, army and federal police units.

And, here they go after ammo sales...

"Ammo is key for these cartels," McMahon added, noting that purchasers for the cartels can load up at U.S. gun shops. "You don't have to fill out any paperwork on ammunition. There's no background check on it."

2013484475.jpg

I really like this part of the article:

"..... and a Belgian-made "cop-killer" handgun known as the FN Five-seveN, whose Teflon bullets can pierce body armor, are finding a place in criminal arsenals"

It's a cop killer, and shoots TEFLON bullets! Wow. I had NO idea that any firearm could kill a cop on it's own. Apparently it needs no human interaction to be so deadly.

Ridiculous.

Central America is awash in weapons from the civil wars of the 1980s and '90s, and several Mexican cartels have stockpiled grenades stolen from military depots in Guatemala and elsewhere in the region.

Glad to see that this was mentioned for once.

I read that this morning... what a crock of shiite. The Five7 rounds they are talking about are not even available to civilians. I hate this crap. One the 2nd page of the Oregonian no less. They make it look like you can purchase a 40mm street sweeper grenade launcher at Bi-Mart (plus all the ammo you want).

What I am curious about is the mention that multiple unit "assault rifle" purchases do not have to be reported to the ATF. This is false, correct? I mean aren't ALL purchases called in for instant background checks?

These articles never mention that Southbound vehicles are never searched by the Mexican authorities when crossing their border! If it was such a peril to them might they not bother to check?

They also never mention how 30-40 percent of the Mexican military DESERTS to join the cartels for much bigger pay, and takes their automatic weapons and grenades with them!

And the "journalists" have somehow forgotten the THOUSANDS of weapons the the US supplied to the Contras of Nicaragua and the Govt. of El Salvador back in the 1980's, which have found their way onto the Mexican black market. This is where all of the automatic rifles, machine guns, rocket launchers and grenades come from, not American gun stores! Sure, they track serial numbers back to US manufacture---but not many to US gun stores!

This continuing series of false journalistic articles can only be from a conspiracy. There is no other explanation for such bad journalism than a deliberate policy to publish untruths in order to change US laws. It's been going on under both Republican and Democrat administrations, so who to blame? Is there a "secret society" devoted to surpressing citizen gun rights?.............................elsullo :huh:

Rubbish. Was this article written by the Ministry of Truth? I hate continuing to see these lies because at some point the majority of people will accept them as the truth.

This is horse hockey! Maybe enforcing laws already on the books as far as guns and immigration might make sense before making more laws only to enforce them on loyal citizens!:confused:

I really like this part of the article:

"..... and a Belgian-made "cop-killer" handgun known as the FN Five-seveN, whose Teflon bullets can pierce body armor, are finding a place in criminal arsenals"

It's a cop killer, and shoots TEFLON bullets! Wow. I had NO idea that any firearm could kill a cop on it's own. Apparently it needs no human interaction to be so deadly.

Ridiculous.

What I loved about this most was that the Secret Service uses the 5.7, don't they? So the Secret Service uses "Cop Killer" guns? Also, Teflon coated ammo is not available for sales to civilians in the US...

These guys seriously need to stop drinking before they start writing.

If you say it often enough it becomes the truth. Notice not only do they go after the guns but Ammunition sales also. If only they didn't have US made, and sold Ammo, everything would be ok :s0063:

Rubbish. Was this article written by the Ministry of Truth? I hate continuing to see these lies because at some point the majority of people will accept them as the truth.

DING,DING,DING,DING.....BINGO....We have a winner! It is called mass phycology. You tell a big enough lie enough times and people will believe that lie. Clinton did with the term "assualt rifle". By military government definition, an assualt rifle is a medium caliber shoulder held rifle with the capability of selective fire. A semi auto look alike rifle by definition is not an assault rifle. But look how long the news media pounded that down the publics throat. Now today when the news says "Jose' was arrested with an assualt rifle". and it turns out to be a Ruger 10/22 with a banana mag. I can assult someone with a single shot 22lr. The general public are like a bunch of sheep. You keep pounding something into there head and eventually they will believe it, they will ALL walk off the cliff when they are told to.

The armor piercing rounds the Five Seven uses are not made or coated with teflon. The rounds are aluminum. Light weight and super fast and it goes through armor. Duh...

The "teflon" bullet is the KTW. It again was fast and lightweight being made of brass or copper I think and coated with teflon only to protect the gun's barrel from wear...

My TT-33 Tokarev penetrated both front and back panels of a class 2A vest. At least that is a fact and not a lie. If the antis want to ban guns, at least use facts...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top