JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with the American Classic line of 1911s? I have read all of the threads and articles that I could find, and by most accounts they are quality pistols. I am just about ready to click the Order button on a Compact Commander model and was wondering if anyone had input on these. I have included a stock photo for reference. I am mainly curious about overall quality and personal experiences. The "CCO" size of 1911 is my favorite as far as ergonomics and looks go, and this one has a steel frame which is my preference. I could do without the billboard on the slide, but I can certainly live with it. The hammer would be the first to go...it just doesn't do it for me. I would also be using this as a carry gun, so the front strap would get a checkering job and I would have new sights installed. (Heinie Straight 8's are my preference) It almost seems too good to be true, especially for a sub $600 gun. Thoughts? Opinions? Any input is greatly appreciated.

AmClassic-3.jpg

AmClassic-3.jpg

Thanks for the feedback Sam. After pondering it a bit more I went ahead and ordered one. I'll put together some pics after I get it and a range report once I can take it out. I'm excited!

I had just gotten laid off and 3500 of the check was vacation pay. So I took aa vacation from fiscal responsibility.

I was just amused how my wife would take it, (me being temporarily unemployed now myself) if I made another gun purchase while not bringing in a check. I almost did risk making a buy but they sold out of a sale Item I was after so I'll never find out what her reaction would be.

BTW it was nothing as nice as what the OP is buying though.

Thanks to all for the replies! I'm glad to hear that local experience reflects most of the threads I have read. When I go to pick it up I will be looking carefully at the fit and finish, and I will not accept if it is anything less than I expect. I really like hearing that SWC ammo doesn't seem to be a problem, I have about 4000 of these available so they will be part of my break in rounds. I also have 3 Chip McCormick SS Match grade officer mags on the way, I hope they function as well as the reviews say. I think I should hit my FFL around Tuesday and I am hoping to have it in my hot little hands by next Thursday. If all goes as hope, I will have a range report by the first of the year.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top