JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What would happen if the gun rights community called out 3 things from the "gun violence" statistics. 1) the number of violent crimes committed with guns by criminals already prohibited 2) the number of "gun violence" crimes committed by offenders previously convicted of violent crimes who were released from custody 3) suicide with a gun is not "gun violence".
?

edit, to clarify Im asking what would happen to the numbers in the statistics collected by the anti gunners, what would the actual true count be of violent crimes where a gun was used if we removed 1) prohibited people 2) violent criminals released 3) suicides.

Last Edited:
Violent Criminals like this one don't even need to use a real gun

I would prefer that we stop allowing the left to control the debate. Violence is a human act. Guns are neither human, nor are they violent. Criminals are. Who cares what color, race or ethnicity a violent criminal is?

While I find the OP questions interesting.to a degree...
I truly dislike the term "gun violence".
I find the term "gun violence" inherently full of bias and or one-sidedess .

Violence can be good or bad , depending on the situation.
Guns are simply guns...neither good nor bad.

From my viewpoint it makes it difficult to answer the question in the OP...
A question that I wish I could answer , by the way.
Andy

-

Edit, I put "gun violence" in quotations. I get it, but pointing that out doesn't change the statistics they collect. My original question still stands.

Crime without punishment. Number one problem. Degenerate cultures (mafia, thug, tweeker, etc.) contribute to it, and a spineless political-judicial system enables it.

I updated my original post to help clarify what Im asking.
here is a link to help reread it.

That's the point. Lack of punishment for new and repeat offenders.
However, we are up against those who are patiently building an all-powerful centralized government in the style of the once and future USSR.

What would happen if the gun rights community called out 3 things from the "gun violence" statistics. 1) the number of violent crimes committed with guns by criminals already prohibited 2) the number of "gun violence" crimes committed by offenders previously convicted of violent crimes who were released from custody 3) suicide with a gun is not "gun violence".
?

edit, to clarify Im asking what would happen to the numbers in the statistics collected by the anti gunners, what would the actual true count be of violent crimes where a gun was used if we removed 1) prohibited people 2) violent criminals released 3) suicides.
You might find that the number of murders committed by non-felons high enough that the numbers are still uncomfortable compared to all the murders with all weapons in most European countries.

Here's some of the stats you're looking for. What's interesting is that the vast majority of murders are people that know each other and arguments.

Last Edited:
You might find that the number of murders committed by non-felons high enough that the numbers are still uncomfortable compared to all the murders with all weapons in most European countries.
I would think the numbers of murders by non-felons would be way less, regardless of country. ?

I would think the numbers of murders by non-felons would be way less, regardless of country. ?
The vast majority of murders are arguments between people who know each other, not actions connected to other crimes. Certainly, many of those are going to be felons, but an awful lot of them are going to be the first time any crime was committed.

The vast majority of murders are arguments between people who know each other, not actions connected to other crimes. Certainly, many of those are going to be felons, but an awful lot of them are going to be the first time any crime was committed.
Seems like weekly in the news I read about a shooting where the bad guy has multiple violent convictions and is already a prohibited person. I just thought, if we removed those shootings from the statistics it would be a huge difference.

We don't have any gun violence, we have criminals doing violence useing what ever tools they have in hand.

Most of our criminals are created and produced by our government, the others are just bad people.

Left calls it gun violence to manipulate the conversation so the violence can be stopped if there are no guns.

If you let the left control the narrative then you lose right away.

Seems like weekly in the news I read about a shooting where the bad guy has multiple violent convictions and is already a prohibited person. I just thought, if we removed those shootings from the statistics it would be a huge difference.
Given that a small section is strangers and two of the largest segments are "wife" and "girlfriend", I think the connection to criminality in general is not going to be as large as you might think.

This is one of the reasons the left focuses on guns - because there is an assumption that non-felons who kill their wives or their bar-buddies might not have done it if they had to work harder at it.

I think we have a violent culture that has leached out of the South, which was extremely violent going well back in history. I think most of those kinds of murderers would happen with knives and bats if there were no guns. Which is hardly a complimentary thing about our national character.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top