JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Meth suspect accused of torching 3,500-year-old Fla. cypress

Over half as old as the first Sumerian written text. Dating 2/3rds of the way back to ancient Egypt.

She needed a 'light.'

"A Florida woman was arrested and charged after admitting to police that she accidentally burned down a 3,500 year-old tree - the fifth oldest on the planet - while smoking meth with a friend."

that must have been some meth lighter to light a tree like that on fire

Sara Barnes is accused of malicious land burning and possession of meth for the predawn fire Jan. 16 at Big Tree Park that destroyed "The Senator," reportedly the fifth-oldest cypress in the world.

It burned from the inside out for a week. Damn. That is so sad. Firemen pulled a hose to it from a MILE away - they really tried to save it the best they could.

That human garbage will never understand or care about what she did. I am not a tree hugger, but there are not many things on this Earth that live thousands of years. Some things should be made safe from druggie scum.

Instead of punishing her, she will likely be booked, fed, housed, treated for any medical problems (self-inflicted, chronic or acute), given access to all recreation facilities and legal counsel, then released with a slap on the hand. All of this thanks to our tax dollars.

We REALLY need another option, how about prison islands that are not supported in any way except to drop off more prisoners? Or a nice little detention center in Afghanistan with no walls or guards?
I think that would give meaning to "hard time".

Everyone messes up in their life, but we should not have to continually reward those who make a living at it.

Tweekers. Jeeeesh! My office window at work looks out on the Clackamas River just upstream of the footbridge in the High Rocks area. Was sitting in the office one morning and see a man and a woman stumble down to the river. She was shuffling around and scratching her arms and then they light up the meth pipe. Pretty soon she's torn her shirt off and is running around topless scratching herself all over, and this was in the middle of winter.

Tweekers. Jeeeesh! My office window at work looks out on the Clackamas River just upstream of the footbridge in the High Rocks area. Was sitting in the office one morning and see a man and a woman stumble down to the river. She was shuffling around and scratching her arms and then they light up the meth pipe. Pretty soon she's torn her shirt off and is running around topless scratching herself all over, and this was in the middle of winter.

Dang breakfast and a show! Only if all of us could be so lucky! Did she at least have nice tata's:rolleyes:?

Not to mention the untouched meth reserves undeneath the Alaskan tundra. If only Obama would allow us to drill, we could break free of our dependence on foreign meth. Seriously, in this case the offender should somehow be marked for life to let anyone she ever meets know "Hey, I'm that Tweeker Scum that burned down the tree older than Christ himself.". This is an unfortunate story. Kip.

How is this for stupid, and obviously clueless about what was happening while high...SHE RECORDED IT BURNING--->>> ON HER CELL PHONE!!! She then uploaded it to her computer! WOW!

Sad- I do feel for people struggling. Terrible shame.

I am really naive about drugs for an old guy. When I go to bars and someone is acting all bizarre and freaked out the possibility of them being drugged out doesn't even compute. I'm a pretty rational thinker and why someone would deliberately destroy themselves with drugs does not make sense. Beer I understand LOL.

This meth thing seems almost worse than the cocaine craze of the late 80s/early 90s. The people on it actually start looking like Zombies. Real ones; and apparently acting like them too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top