Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Meth Head burns down 3500 year old tree to get a better view of her pipe

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Burt Gummer, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

that must have been some meth lighter to light a tree like that on fire

Sara Barnes is accused of malicious land burning and possession of meth for the predawn fire Jan. 16 at Big Tree Park that destroyed "The Senator," reportedly the fifth-oldest cypress in the world.

3. Burt Gummer

It burned from the inside out for a week. Damn. That is so sad. Firemen pulled a hose to it from a MILE away - they really tried to save it the best they could.

That human garbage will never understand or care about what she did. I am not a tree hugger, but there are not many things on this Earth that live thousands of years. Some things should be made safe from druggie scum.

iusmc2002, oasis618, redmud and 5 others like this.
  4. auditrevor

auditrevor salem Active Member

too bad it didn't fall on her.

5. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I say sentence her to a year for every 10 of the tree's life.

6. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Nah, just burn her.

7. JackFrost

JackFrost Central Oregon Active Member

^This!

8. Blue Devil PA

Blue Devil PA Boise Active Member

Instead of punishing her, she will likely be booked, fed, housed, treated for any medical problems (self-inflicted, chronic or acute), given access to all recreation facilities and legal counsel, then released with a slap on the hand. All of this thanks to our tax dollars.

We REALLY need another option, how about prison islands that are not supported in any way except to drop off more prisoners? Or a nice little detention center in Afghanistan with no walls or guards?
    I think that would give meaning to "hard time".

Everyone messes up in their life, but we should not have to continually reward those who make a living at it.

Redcap, sandman1212, CatCow and 5 others like this.
  9. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

She probably ran out of meth and was just trying to smoke the tree

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Tweekers. Jeeeesh! My office window at work looks out on the Clackamas River just upstream of the footbridge in the High Rocks area. Was sitting in the office one morning and see a man and a woman stumble down to the river. She was shuffling around and scratching her arms and then they light up the meth pipe. Pretty soon she's torn her shirt off and is running around topless scratching herself all over, and this was in the middle of winter.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  11. JackFrost

Dang breakfast and a show! Only if all of us could be so lucky! Did she at least have nice tata's:rolleyes:?

12. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

It weren't that pretty. Pretty pathetic actually. As far as breakfast, I had a hard time keeping it down.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  13. SIXGUNRUGER

SIXGUNRUGER Forest Grove, OR Active Member 2015 Volunteer

Now that's funny!!! :funnypoint:

14. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Imagine when the meth runs out!

15. JackFrost

:jawdrop: Figures, just when it looks like your dreams are finally coming true... it turns out to be a nightmare!

16. auditrevor

auditrevor salem Active Member

as long as they still make cough syrup and ammonia it will never run out.

17. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

Not to mention the untouched meth reserves undeneath the Alaskan tundra. If only Obama would allow us to drill, we could break free of our dependence on foreign meth. Seriously, in this case the offender should somehow be marked for life to let anyone she ever meets know "Hey, I'm that Tweeker Scum that burned down the tree older than Christ himself.". This is an unfortunate story. Kip.

18. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

3500 year old tree, burned out meth head, maroon her on a deserted island in the middle of the Caribbean with one friggin palm tree on it, no water or food and no damned matches. Bye, Bye!!

19. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

How is this for stupid, and obviously clueless about what was happening while high...SHE RECORDED IT BURNING--->>> ON HER CELL PHONE!!! She then uploaded it to her computer! WOW!

Sad- I do feel for people struggling. Terrible shame.

20. Burt Gummer

I am really naive about drugs for an old guy. When I go to bars and someone is acting all bizarre and freaked out the possibility of them being drugged out doesn't even compute. I'm a pretty rational thinker and why someone would deliberately destroy themselves with drugs does not make sense. Beer I understand LOL.

This meth thing seems almost worse than the cocaine craze of the late 80s/early 90s. The people on it actually start looking like Zombies. Real ones; and apparently acting like them too.