JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fox News headline:
"Former Guns & Ammo columnist speaks out on becoming 'a pariah'"

Metcalf . . . Poor baby . . . Thinks he got a raw deal . . . But he is getting support from the anti-2nd amendment crowd . . . sniff . . .sniff . . . He ONLY wanted to discuss SOME controls . . . sniff . . .sniff. Please forgive me, I am about to cry!!!
If we examine where he did his professoring (Yale and Cornell) we might have guessed he would support INFRINGMENT.

A long time ago Julie London had a song that fits here: CRY ME A RIVER!!!!

Good-bye Metcalf . . . I almost said "good luck" but I am not a liar.

Sheldon

Link:
Former Guns & Ammo columnist speaks out on becoming 'a pariah' | Fox News

Following Metcalf's dismissal, Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, told FoxNews.com Metcalf “absolutely did not” deserve to lose his post.

“If he suggested a ban on all guns, then I would understand that reaction,” Watts said. “But to say a fair exchange of ideas on how to stem the deaths and murders in this country because of gun violence is an act of heresy just reeks of no tolerance.”

You know, I think she's right! We won't tolerate it anymore!!!!!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Metcalf made his decision and now should man up and live with it.
Being a bubblegumy whiny baby shows a real lack of character, you know, like our current president.

Who is he, what did he do and where did he get fired from? (sorry, I don't know why that name doesn't ring a bell!)

the short version - he was a columnist at Guns & Ammo magazine and wrote an editorial supporting gun control measures (read anti 2A). He was either fired or resigned over the deal and now is crying that we the people don't support his agenda.

Wouldn't you think that working for a gun magazine you would be bright enough to know that spouting off in support of the very thing that your readership base opposes might cost you your job?

the short version - he was a columnist at Guns & Ammo magazine and wrote an editorial supporting gun control measures (read anti 2A). He was either fired or resigned over the deal and now is crying that we the people don't support his agenda.

Wouldn't you think that working for a gun magazine you would be bright enough to know that spouting off in support of the very thing that your readership base opposes might cost you your job?

Perfect explanation thanks Swedishk!

I would have googled it, but I know it would have led to article after article on him. I just wanted the quick abridged version. :)

I have always thought he was a little to milk toast anyway. This is what happens when guys get older and lose there T level. Look at John McCain. Was a tough Naval aviator went through Hanoi HIlten survived gets around libs and turn into Idenity Gender syndrome and acts like a girl. Look at every congressman over 60 and they all get soft and lose there fight. There is the real war on woman.

how's the 90,000 regulations working out in obammycare? This is the problem with guys like this. When does it end when enough regulations have been put in place that the everyday American cannot get a gun or ammo because of supply or cost all imposed by regulation just like healthcare cost and supply both of which do not work in our once free market. how's those rights of choice working out.

Remember regulations are how to, for the laws pass by congress. Guess what congress had nothing to do with writing regulations its all non elected gov hacks without oversight. So between Executive order and regulations why do we even need congress anymore especially if this gov does not see the constitution as the law of the land. That my friends is call tyranny plan and simple.

HIDING BEHIND MOMMY'S SKIRTS!

‘I've Been Vanished': Guns & Ammo Editor Who Wrote Column Suggesting Stricter Gun Laws Speaks

Months after former Guns & Ammo magazine columnist Dick Metcalf ignited a firestorm by advocating stricter gun control laws, he claims he has been blackballed from the industry.

"I've been vanished, disappeared. Now you see him. Now you don't," he said in a recent New York Times interview.

Former Guns and Ammo Writer Addresses Fallout Over Gun Control Article: Im a Pariah
Dick Metcalf (Image source: The Truth About Guns)

"Compromise is a bad word these days," Metcalf, 67, added. "People think it means giving up your principles."

Trouble began shortly after the writer published an editorial, titled "Let's Talk Limits," for Guns & Ammo magazine in November.

"Way too many gun owners still seem to believe that any regulation of the right to keep and bear arms is an infringement," Metcalf wrote in the article. "The fact is, all constitutional rights are regulated, always have been, and need to be."

"All U.S. citizens have a right to keep and bear arms," he added, "but I do not believe that they have a right to use them irresponsibly."

Despite the fact that his editors approved and published the article, Metcalf was terminated after reader backlash proved too fierce. Guns & Ammo magazine top editor Jim Bequette was also forced to resign early as a result of the intense reaction to Metcalf's editorial.

"I made a mistake by publishing the column," he wrote in his letter of resignation. "I thought it would generate a healthy exchange of ideas on gun rights. I miscalculated, pure and simple. I was wrong, and I ask your forgiveness."

Since parting ways with Guns & Ammo, Metcalf claims his fall from grace has been severe.

"Some topics you should never try and discuss too briefly because they can't be dealt with like that," Metcalf said in the Times interview.

Once a leader in his field, with a television show co-produced by Guns & Ammo, Metcalf said the editorial has turned him into a "pariah," as the Times put it.

He "absolutely did not" deserve to be fired, said Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America Shannon Watts.

"If he suggested a ban on all guns, then I would understand that reaction," Watts said. "But to say a fair exchange of ideas on how to stem the deaths and murders in this country because of gun violence is an act of heresy just reeks of no tolerance

How long do you think it will be before he is testifying before some congressional
committee in favor of infringing our the 2nd Amendment rights????

PARIAH INDEED!!. . . He should dress in sackcloth and should have to warn anyone
who approaches him by saying, in a loud voice, "Unclean" . . . "Unclean!!!!"

Sheldon

Long ago I fought a war to defend the right of everyone to have the right to speak their mind. Even Dick Metcalf. He is learning his message comes with a price, and he is paying it, big time. That works for me.

"Following Metcalf's dismissal, Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, told FoxNews.com Metcalf 'absolutely did not' deserve to lose his post.

'If he suggested a ban on all guns, then I would understand that reaction,' Watts said. 'But to say a fair exchange of ideas on how to stem the deaths and murders in this country because of gun violence is an act of heresy just reeks of no tolerance.' "

Uhm....no... we just have zero tolerance for using this issue as an excuse to rob of us of our civil rights even though it will have no positive impact on the problem. I think we're all open to having a serious and factually based discussion on solutions to murder.

I do wonder if he really lost his mind when he was reminded of his own mortality when his partner on guns and ammo a very young man died. Can't remember his name. Seems like this timing is in question. Either way it does not justify his position but could explain the turning into a John McCain type want to be loved by the left.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top