JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Metal or Polymer magazine

• Metal magazine

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Polymer magazine

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 28.9%

• Total voters
I have some NHMTG 30 rounds mags with Magpul anti-tilt followers. Also have some NHMTG 20 rounds mags with black followers. I do have some Pmags as well. I have some Gen1 that are a light green color, I also have Gen2 and Gen3 that are black with the windows.

I love the responce metal because we never used poly in Nam dam-it. (Tongue and cheek) as if our military 15 years ago used the best products that will ever be available. Don't question my dates!

I use both, indiscriminately, no real preference, but i am not an "operator", so i don't really know which is better. One thing about the 6 mag bandoleers I have though, wont snap shut with 2 pmags in them, but will with 1 pmag, and 1 metal, so that's how I have them loaded.

I have met people that HATE both types, one guy says, metal SUXers, and others who say the opposite. but whatever...

I use both, indiscriminately, no real preference, but i am not an "operator", so i don't really know which is better. One thing about the 6 mag bandoleers I have though, wont snap shut with 2 pmags in them, but will with 1 pmag, and 1 metal, so that's how I have them loaded.

I have met people that HATE both types, one guy says, metal SUXers, and others who say the opposite. but whatever...
"There is harmony in my bandoleer." :)
:s0005:

I'm old school, and so I was wary of plastic mags (and guns, too), but now I slightly prefer plastic mags in my black rifles. They seem hardy enough, though either metal or plastic will fail if abused. The thing about abuse on a metal mag is if it gets bent or dented, it stays that way, but I'm not throwing any of my metal mags away.

View attachment 356390
What is this "Polymer" or "magazine" you all are speaking of?...:eek::p:D
Just kidding... ( sort of )

I too associate plastic ( polymer ) with toys and toy guns.
I know , I know , the AR 15 design is 60 odd years old and you should never mistake a real gun for a toy gun.
I also know that the plastic of today has come a long way from the plastic of my youth...
But it just doesn't hold a near and dear place in my heart as does wood and steel. ( or brass )
Andy

This is off topic, but seeing you have some long guns like mine, I'm wondering if you know where I can get a "tactical" polymer folding stock with a rail for thermal optics to replace the wood stock on my Brown Bess?

I like to go with whatever is on sale. Any mag is better than no mag. When I'm on duty, I use what is issued to me (metal); off duty I don't find myself in a hazardous zone so I just go with whatever I happened to bring to the range.

I do prefer 20 rounders though. Thats how much is in a box, and its great in the prome position

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top