JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could give a rats patoot about team sports anyway - and this is just one more reason for me not to waste my money. The last time I was in the Rose Garden was when I was 18 and went to a concert there. That they outright ban off duty cops from carrying shows how left Paul Allen and his lackeys are. I don't need to make him richer.

Thats completely unnecessary for such a venue. I like carrying multiple things that are metal and don't need their approval. Granted I wouldn't go to a Blazer game anyway, but that definitely turns me off from paying to go see them. Gun free zones are just targets, one I would rather not be in.

Ditto

Is the Game really that bad of an area / event, I grew up in a high school with 3 security guards ( and onsite LEO), after I graduated, they installed metal detectors... No it was not in East LA, but it was bad section of riverside county.

Bonzi said, "We don't care about the fans," and Sheed said, "CTC, cut the check" .... I stopped going at that time and won't go back.

I'd understand searching some of player's posses from that era. Besides those 2, they had upstanding citizens like Isaiah Rider and Qyntel Woods. You could probably seize quite a bit.

So they have metal detectors at Blazer games, but not at Winterhawks games, so WTH?
Is there something about basketball fans different than hockey fans?
Definitely more, cheaper beers at hockey, more fights leading to aggrotudes...
Weird, no?

We all need to send the Rose garden comments that we are concerned with our safety while not only in the Rose Garden but also while traveling to and from. If they get enough "constructive criticism" it may help change the trend.

I emailed the Rose Quarter: <broken link removed>

I see that the Rose Quarter has enacted a policy prohibiting concealed handguns (including licensed carriers) at the Blazer games. Being a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) holder, this concerns me. As a CHL holder I have undergone background checks, fingerprinting, classes and been photographed with the local Sheriff's office. This means that CHL holders are not criminals and should not be a concern for public safety.
You are creating a problem by disallowing a patron the ability to carry his legal handgun into the Rose Quarter because many of us take MAX, or park several blocks away. This means we would have to travel to the game UNARMED. For me, this means I will not be attending Blazer games or any other Rose Quarter events that disallow a legally carried firearm by a CHL holder.
I hope you reconsider your stance on LEGALLY carried firearms by those with CHLs, and Law Enforcenment Officers.
There are discussions about this on several of the local firearms forums, and the overwhelming consensus is that they will, in effect "boycott" the events that prohibit lawfully carrying our firearms.

Respectfully,
<SnackCracker>

I feel slightly better about the rule since it treats retired LEO the same as other citizens. Equal (although maybe inadequate) protection.

Just because Paul Allen has an FFL doesn't mean he is pro 2A. Pelosi carries illegally and Bloomberg stands behind a self proclaimed army. They don't want to disarm everybody. They just want to disarm everybody else.

More to the point, it looks like I'll be investing in a plastic flask. Last thing I need is to get my bourbon confiscated and have to wait in line for an $8 beer.

I have carried to the Rose Garden, Qwest Field, Safeco Field, etc..... while carrying.

About 2 months after Sept 11, I carried to a Blazer game while they were wanding everyone, including me.

Take the firearm out of your holster, take off your jacket, put the firearm in the collar of your jacket and hold your jacket/firearm out to the side. They wand the person and never the empty jacket.... I always turn to the person next to me and ask "do you feel safer now?" They always respond "no."

1. I hope your real name isn't linkable to your forum ID anywhere.

2. Yup, "Security Theater" at its finest. My first job out of high school was at the airport. We had a guy who drove a fuel truck around the airliners that this job was his prison work release. He was in prison for murder. Very nice guy, and this was a few years before 9/11, but it still made me realize what a joke the security checkpoints were. (Anyone with an airport 'door opening' badge could *EASILY* bypass security. Which meant everyone who works the ramp - baggage handlers, fuelers, food caterers, etc.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top